月や星 (The Moon and the Stars)

花と侍 (The Warrior and the Flower Boy)
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

                       

         Once upon a time, there lived a fearless warrior who served the Emperor of Feudal Japan, in the town of Narai. He was always seen walking around in his red robe and dark blue hakama. He wore a metal chestplate underneath his robe and he was always carrying around his masamune - sheath and handle made of fine gold. Some say he could even slay his foes by just looking at them. His past is a mystery. All one knew of him was that he came from Korea. His name was Kim Jongin, but he was more commonly referred to as 'Kai'...

In the same town lived a beautiful young man. He was always seen in the finest silk kimonos, geta shoes and socks. He carried a small tanto dagger in his obi and it was adorned in glistening gems. Some say he could swoon anyone with just one simple glance. Just like Kai, he came from Korea, but his purpose was and is still unknown. His name was Do Kyungsoo...

Sundown was slowly approaching as Kai finished his training session and Kyungsoo had finished running errands.

"Excellent work, Jongin." An elder said to Jongin. The elder had long silver hair, a black robe and black hakama pants. He wore a metallic eye patch on his right eye and he held a long katana in his right hand. He sat on a wooden chair, drinking a cup of fine green tea.

"Arigato, Sensei." Jongin bowed and headed back inside the dojo.

"Jongin, I need you to complete one more task for me." Kai's sensei asked.

"What is it that you need, I will fulfill your request, Sensei." Kai said formally.

"Go into town for me, and fetch me some lotus root for dinner tonight. I long for the taste of the finest lotus root." The sensei said longingly. He took one more sip of his green tea.

"Hai, Sensei." Kai bowed once more before heading to the entrance. He put on his geta shoes and walked out of the dojo.

The sensei smiled to himself, as if he planned for something to happen. He downed the rest of his green tea and walked back inside the dojo to the scroll room.

Kyungsoo walked into his home after a long walk. He lit up a candle inside a lantern near the entrance to lighten up his beautiful tatami home. The floor mats were a bright shade of green and the walls were made of hardwood painted white. The kitchen was located to the right and to the left laid a large mat with pillows and blankets on them. Kyungsoo took of his geta shoes and proceeded to place his groceries down on the wooden dining table. 

"Lets see...Meat, Eggs, Rice...What am I...Oh! Dear me...I forgot the spices..." Kyungsoo said to himself. He immediately ran back to the main entrance to put his geta shoes back on. He headed back out to go back to the market. "How could I have been so foolish...How can I prepare the Donburi without the spices..." Kyungsoo panted in between his words as he ran back to the market. 

Kai walked over a bridge made out of white painted wood. Dragon statues were placed on each column of the bridge and there carvings of the yin and yang symbol on the bottom of the handrail. Kai admired the sakura petals falling from nearby trees as the petals fell softly on the river below the bridge. Golden koi fish were swimming freely along the river as the glistening moonlight shined upon them as they swam. Kai took his time to lean against the railing of th

Please log in to read the full chapter