日の光 (The Light of the Day)

花と侍 (The Warrior and the Flower Boy)
Please log in to read the full chapter

     

        Kyungsoo woke up to the sun shining on him. The warmth radiated onto his skin and he smiled softly. He sat up and admired the figure next to him, whose arms were still wrapped around him. 


Kai woke up, sensing that someone was near and watching him. He opened his eyes and looked at the boy next to him.
 

“Do you need something, Kyungsoo?” The said boy blushed, then looked away.
 

“Shall we attempt to get out of this forest now, my companion?” Kai said. Kyungsoo nodded and stood up. He then looked down at his kimono.
 

“Kai-san! my kimono is ruined.” Kai looked at the spots of dirt covering Kyungsoo’s kimono. He pulled a handkerchief out of his kimono and looked around. 
 

“Oh, there is no river near.” Kyungsoo nodded. 
 

“Okay let’s try to find our way back. It is brighter now and we may be able to find our way back.” Kyungsoo said. Kai nodded and they started walking, in what they hoped was the right direction. 
 

“Kyungsoo…” Kai began.
 

“Yes Kai-san?”
 

“What did you say before we fell asleep together?”
 

“Oh… Uhm… I said please don’t leave me Kai… Why?”
 

“Nothing~ Just wondering. That’s what I thought I heard.” Kai watches as Kyungsoo’s face turned bright red.
 

“Well you didn’t have to clarify it.”
 

“I’m sorry~” Kai pouted and Kyungsoo sighed.
 

“It’s fine.” Kai smiled and Kyungsoo smiled with him. Suddenly Kai spotted a flower growing on a bush. He gestured for Kyungsoo to stay still as he walked to the flower. Making sure that Kyungsoo doesn’t see what he’s doing, he picked it off and took a closer look at it. His eyes widen as he realizes that it was a jasmine flower. Taking it, he goes back to Kyungsoo and hides it behind his back. 
 

“Kyungsoo I have something for you~” The wide eyed boy's eyes got bigger. Kai smiled and handed him the jasmine flower. Kyungsoo took the flower with a bright red face and placed it just below his nose. He admired the intoxicating scent of the wonderous flower.
 

“Jasmine… It is one of my most liked flowers. I very much enjoy the smell of them. Especially when the smell blows in through my window and helps me fall asleep. Thank you Kai- San. This does mean quite a bit to me. Doomo arigatoo gozaimasu.” Kyungsoo bowed and clutched the flower close to his chest. Kai chuckled in response.
 

“Do not hold it like that. You will make it die.” Kyungsoo loosened his hold and bows again.
 

“I am sorry.”

 

Kai nodded and looked around. 
 

“I wonder what the distance is from home to we are. If we are too far away, we may not even get back home.” Kyungsoo said. Kai nodded.
 

“Sensei was waiting for me to bring him the finest lotus roots too. I wonder what he thinks now about me. I must have failed him. He was expecting me and I failed to show.” Kai looked down as they started walking again. Kyungsoo glanced at him then looked away while walking next to him. 
 

“I was trying to get back to the store because I forgot the spices for my dinner, yet it is like fate wanted us to meet.” Kai nodded his head slowly. They walked further along until they found themselves upon a path that seemed familiar. Sure enough when they looked onto the ground, they saw foot prints going the way that they just came from.
 

“So if we follow these shoe tracks we should find our way back right, Kai- San?” 
 

“Yes Kyungsoo, but please drop the formalities. I do not like you using them on me since you did not use it last night and I did give you that flower.” Kai said as he gestured to the flower in Kyungsoo’s hand. There he saw how tightly Kyungsoo was holding it and how the flower was starting to slowly suffocate to death in his hands. Kai stopped in his tracks. Kyungsoo stopped and looked at him with his wide eyes. Kai grabbed his hands and slowly loosened them as to not suffocate the flower. 
 

“There. You were suffocating it there.” Kyungsoo’s face turned bright red once more. It seemed to be a habit for him when he was around Kai.

Please log in to read the full chapter