too unpredictable for words {1/1}

unpredictable
seeing life in different colors;
 
Joonmyeon had always lived a rather unpredictable life, like when his dog ate the frog in the water tank and ended up choking to death when he was fifteen.
 
Or when he had to dress up Misty from Pokemon for Halloween because his best friends, Kris and Jongdae, (although Jongdae was Joonmyeon's cousin twice-removed) took his original penguin costume when he was thirteen.
 
And there was also that time when he, age seventeen, tried to make geese near the gazebo at his cousin's wedding calm down- but failed because Jongdae pushed him into the water, thus making the geese get even more heated and bite not only his , but also jab Joonmyeon's left eye with its beak.
 
Then there was-
 
Well, you get the point.
 
It doesn't help when his life takes a turn in his second year of university- especially into a lamp post right in front of his supposed soulmate.
 
~|•~•|~
 
"God ing dammit Jongdae, how the hell did you get ing DRIED AND EXPIRED whipped cream stuck in your damn hair?" Kris groaned as he tried to rake a comb through a crying Jongdae's brown locks, but failing miserably as the comb got stuck in the dried whipped cream.
 
Jongdae sniffled. "Y-You know I wouldn't even be crying i-if you did it gently..."
 
"... Oh." was all Kris said before pulling Jongdae's bangs with the comb, adding more force than before.
 
"f-InG oW kRiS!" The crying kid flailed his arms, successfully punching the standing blonde in the eye. "iT's nOT mY fAULt thAT tHE cAn jUsT wEnT bESeRk anD sPrAyEd EVeRyTHiNG oN Me!"
 
Kris screamed in agony as he dropped down to the floor. "oW mY InG fAcE jOnGDAe u LiL -"
 
Joonmyeon opened the door of his dorm with a warm smile before it curled into a quivering grin.

"Hey guys-" He cut his sentence short when he saw what was happening. 
Kris was rolling on the floor, clutching his eye and shrieking (much like a , Joonmyeon might add), while Jongdae was tied to a chair, sobbing while trying to comb his hair that looked like it was frosted in the sloppiest way ever.
 
Well damn.
 
Joonmyeon dropped his backpack and blinked, inching away from the chaos erupting in his and Kris's shared room. "Welp, um, I'm, just gonna, uh, go for a walk now and, uh, yeah-"
 
That was when he slammed the door and high-tailed the out of there.
 
~|•~•|~
 
i think it's time that we wake up;
 
It was a regular day at campus.
 
Except it actually really wasn't.
 
At least not for Yixing.
 
He pursed his lips and groaned. "I can't believe that my Aerodynamics teacher is making me hang up posters for his lost pet rock."
 
The bronette sighed and thought back to what happened five minutes ago.
 
"IT'S JUST A GODDAMN ROCK, MR. YANG! JUST A ING LIFELESS ROCK!" Yixing protested, whining and stomping his foot.
 
"YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND, YIXING!" Mr. Yang screeched in agony. "PETER WAS VERY SPECIAL!"
 
"Special, my ." Yixing rolled his eyes.
 
"HE WASN'T JUST ANY ROCK OKAY HE WAS THE MOST SPECIAL ONE I ADOPTED" The Aerodynamics teacher shrieked, shaking Yixing like a mad man.
 
"Fine, fine, I get it. Jesus Christ." The student frowned and walked away. "I BETTER GET FIFTEEN EXTRA POINTS ON MY NEXT EXAM FOR HANGING UP PICTURES OF YOUR LOST PET ROCK, !"
 
"YOU'RE THE BEST STUDENT EVER YIXING"
 
And that was how Yixing ended up next to the freestanding vending machine outdoors, carrying a stack of construction paper and a stapler.
 
"ing grown man cries over his goddamn pet rock," He muttered angrily as he slammed down the stapler on the tree to hang up the poster made out of construction paper that said "help pet rock gone- winner gets a box of food" in Comic Sans font and the most crappy drawing of a black stone with a green moustache and purple googly eyes.
 
After stapling the construction paper to the tree, Yixing huffed and flipped his bangs- causing him to make eye contact with an unfamiliar redhead before that person walked right into a lamp post.
 
~|•~•|~
 
so let me take you away;

"Why can't my ing Twinkie come faster?" Joonmyeon moaned, banging his head onto the glass screen of the freestanding vending machine on outdoor campus.
 
Then, a click and a drop made him full with satisfaction and disappointment.
 
"...I can't believe that I had to bang my head onto glass for that Twinkie." Joonmyeon remarked as he leaned down and stretched his arm to get his $0.75 pastry snack.
 
When he took it out, he recoiled as he saw the state of his Twinkie. It was smushed and the yellow bread had mixed with the white filling in the most unattractive way known to man. "EWWWWW!"
 
The redhead crinkled his nose and looked around for a trashcan. Upon seeing that there was none, he frowned. Then, it came to him that he could just leave the Twinkie alone in the slot. So, whilst whistling awkwardly, Joonmyeon bent down and placed the deformed Twinkie back into the slot.
 
He dusted himself off, praising himself internally for doing a good job.
 
After all, there was only him and that lovely person with their out in the area as of right now.
 
Wait.
 
Joonmyeon walked back to make sure he just saw what he just saw.
 
Indeed, there was a lovely person with a splendid physique, their wiggling slightly as they stapled what looked like a lost pet flyer done by a seven year old that didn't know how to use the computer and didn't know how to draw to the tree bark.
 
Joonmyeon couldn't even remember the last time he saw such a beautiful booty. Praising Jesus for giving him such a sight, he kept enjoying the view the person was giving him.
 
10/10 would bang.
 
The way his curved in that pair of gray skinnies just seemed so-
 
Wait.

If his is this perfect, surely this guy's face was too.
 
Joonmyeon walked slowly and instinctively to get another better look. However, that was not needed.
 
The bronette huffed and flipped his bangs, causing him to make eye contact with him.
 
Joonmyeon wanted nothing to do except for:
 
a) screaming at how dorky yet adorable this guy looked with his furrowed eyebrows, his narrowed eyes, his teeth biting his lip, his perfect nose, and especially his heavenly set of dimples
 
b) melting into a puddle and dying forever before his heart could fly out of his chest
 
or c) both
 
It honestly didn't even occur to Joonmyeon that he was walking until he heard the clang of his head hitting the lamp post and the sound of his body hitting the brick road beneath him.
 
~|•~•|~

we can run down the streets (with the stars in our eyes);

Instead of helping the poor soul on the brick road like a good man should, Yixing burst out laughing before running over and offering a hand to the fallen male. 

Not only did he end up blushing because wow he likes his face, but his heart ended up going doki doki- if you know what I mean.

Yixing shook as he laughed. "I'm sorry, dude, but that was hilarious."

The redhead groaned and took his hand, sending electrical currents through both of their bodies. "I swear, my life is really too random."

 
The precious bronette pulled the other up with ease, ignoring the tingles he got under his skin. "At least you're not the one who needs to hang up flyers for Mr. Yang's missing pet rock."

The other dusted himself off. "Ah, Mr. Yang was always a... rather unique being."

Yixing laughed, dimples showing, and the other blushed, to which Yixing took notice of. "Unique is definitely a good word."

The two made eye contact again before chuckling in sync, thumbs hooked into the pockets of their jeans.

The redhead held out his hand. "Well, I'm Joonmyeon."

Yixing grinned before taking it. "Yixing."

"So..."

"So..."

Goddammit Yixing, stop being so awkward, Yixing thought to himself, biting his inner cheek. You got a hot guy in front of you, take your chance. Don't be a cocklicker.

Joonmyeon cleared his throat. "Well... I guess, I'll, uh, see you later, Yixing? I have a feeling my roommate needs me."

Yixing nodded, head looking down at his shoes. "Yeah, you too, Joonmyeon."

The redhead turned around and gave him a salute before walking away, sighing loudly. 

Yixing cleared his throat. "Wait!"

Joonmyeon turned around, eyes sparkling in the most attractive way known to man. "Yes...?"

The bronette turned a bright red. "Since I laughed at you today, can I make it up to you?"

The redhead raised an eyebrow. "I mean, sure? How so?"

Yixing sighed and gave Joonmyeon his number. "I'll call you and we can hang out...?"

Smooth, Yixing, smooth.

Joonmyeon laughed. "Sure, but I don't really mind if we just become regular friends and put this behind us."

That was when Yixing first experienced true happiness at hand.

And by the way the Chinese male giggled when he saw Joonmyeon 'coolly' walking behind a tree to jump up and down and squeal while fist-pumping the air, so was Joonmyeon.

~|•~•|~

we've got time on our side; we can make it out alive; 

"OH MY GOD KRIS YOU SHOULD'VE SEEN HIS ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS" Joonmyeon shrieked, bringing his hands up to his face to somewhat muffle the scream escaping from his mouth. "KRIS HIS BOOTY WAS A ING GIFT FROM GOD"

Kris groaned. "Dude, seriously, it's not nice to tell your Chinese best friend about a Chinese boy with good looks. It's hard not to try not to hook up with someone like that."

" HE'S ING MINE! DON'T YOU DARE!" Joonmyeon roared, flinging his phone at Kris's face.

The blonde easily leaned to his left and sighed. "Why don't you just hang out with him instead of me then? I can already tell by the way you talk about his that you're gonna end up topping when you have no experience at all."

"... Because I just met him yesterday, you -"

RING! RING! RING!

Kris grabbed Joonmyeon's ringing phone off the coffee table and waggled his eyebrows whilst whistling. "Looks like it's your soon-to-be boyfriend, ey~"

The redhead blushed before smacking the blonde's shoulder. "SHUT THE UP! NOW ALLOW ME TO PRACTICE MY GREETINGS!"

Before Kris could even question the other, Joonmyeon cleared his throat.

"Hello, Yixing." He tried in a high, squealing voice.

"What the-"

"Yo, dude, wazzuppppp~" The redhead tried in a lower voice that made his chin ache.

"Dude-"

"Hey, Yixing~ How you doing~"

"... Joonmyeon-"

"NOT NOW, KRIS! So, Yixing, how are you this fine lovely day?" He tried in a gushy voice, pursing his lips.

"Well, I seem to be doing fine, Joonmyeon." The lovely, giggling voice of Yixing replied through the phone.

Joonmyeon glared at Kris, ears burning at the heart up there, and snatched his phone away from the other- not forgetting to smack him. "Yeah, um, hey, Yixing."

"We already exchanged greetings." The other male chuckled through the phone, effectively making the redhead shut up.

"Yeah, so.... Wazzup?"

"Remember how I said I'd call when I wanted to make up for laughing at you yesterday?" 

~|•~•|~

"Remember how I said I'd call when I wanted to make up for laughing at you yesterday?" Yixing was blushing, much to the laughter of his roommate.

"OH MY GOD YIXING JUST ASK HIM OUT!" Jongdae hooted, slapping the armrest as he continued to laugh like a hyena.

"..."

Yixing frowned, ears still red. "Joonmyeon? ...Are you okay? All I heard was a thud and it sounds like you're not talking-"

He heard a shriek and a slap before he heard someone's even breathing. "Yeah, I remember."

The Chinese male inhaled deeply, heart pounding out of his chest. "W-w-w-wanna meet up at the bu-bu-bu-bubble tea house on c-ca-ampus?"

"SMOOTH YIXING REAL SMOOTH" Jongdae screamed, his hands cupped over his mouth. 

Yixing inhaled angrily, pinched the bridge of his nose, and threw his slipper at the Korean. 

Jongdae shrieked and rolled out of his spinning chair, onto the carpeted floor in front of Yixing's bed.

"... Yixing?"

The Chinese made a face at the distressed male on the floor before turning around. "Huh?"

"Is everything okay?"

"Yeah, totally."

"Alrighty then, see you there in thirty?"

Yixing struggled to answer as Jongdae started biting his clothed leg. "Y-Yeah, bye"

"Aight, cool. See you~"

"See ya"

~|•~•|~


we can tear down this town (in the dark of the night);

Yixing has always lived a rather organized life.

At least until university came. 

He could sigh dreamily as he remembered how much of a big shot he was in junior and senior year of high school, especially with the guys. He gained all the guys because he was ing hot.

And how much easier all the things he had to do were.

With brown bangs that covered his sparkly brown eyes, a cute nose, a nice pair of not-so thick yet not-so thin lips, and his ing beautiful set of dimples, who wouldn't want his fine piece of dancing ?

But then, the storm came. 

And by storm he means, university life.

To be completely honest, it was ing awesome. But all the he had to go through that wasn't fabulous food and air-conditioned dorms consumed him like a whale consumes a sea of shrimp.

And to add to it, Yixing became a hot mess after he called Joonmyeon, the redhead who hit his head on the lamp post after staring into his eyes, to ask him out on a date.


~|•~•|~

"JONGDAE I AM ING FREAKING OUT WHAT GODDAMN SHIRT DO I WEAR" Yixing screeched as he threw his entire set of shirts onto his roommate's body.

"Woah!" Jongdae sat up in the mass of colorful flannels covering his face and frowned. "Damn boy, I've never seen you been this stressed over a BOY before."

"I know, the last time I was this stressed was when I was almost failing Mr. Yang's class because of that goddamn essay." Yixing groaned before flinging a grey band-tee at the other's face. "NOW HELP ME CHOOSE AN OUTFIT!"

 
"Aish, who do you think you ARE?!" Jongdae screamed as he balled a T-Shirt and threw it at Yixing's face.
 
The Chinese simply extended his arm to catch it in mid-air. "Huh, good taste, dude. Now, just give me that plaid on the-"
 
", GET YOUR OWN! I AIN'T NO MAID!"
 
~|•~•|~
 
"KRIS, WHERE THE IS THE BUBBLE TEA HOUSE ON CAMPUS?!" Joonmyeon screamed, flinging his pillow at the blonde's head.
 
"Woah, chill."
 
"I CANNOT ING CALM DOWN, OKAY?!" Joonmyeon yelled into his hands. "THIS IS MY FIRST DATE AND-"
 
Kris shot up, eyes wide and left index finger pointed at the distressed redhead. "First?"
 
"I NEED TO MAKE SURE THIS GOES PERFECTLY-"
 
"WAIT A ING SECOND! FIRST?!"
 
"YES, THIS IS MY ING FIRST DATE, IF YOU HAVEN'T NOTICED IT, -"
 
"YOU MEAN LIKE AS IN FIRST DATE FIRST DATE?" Kris waved his hands. "OR AS IN FIRST DATE SINCE HIGH SCHOOL?"
 
"I MEAN, FIRST DATE FIRST DATE AS I HAVE NEVER BEEN ON A DATE BEFORE, KRIS!" The redhead spat. "NOW, SHUT THE HELL UP AND HELP ME-"
 
"HOLD UP" Kris wheezed. "I STILL CAN'T GET OVER THE FACT THAT YOU'VE NEVER BEEN ON A DATE!"
 
Joonmyeon rolled his eyes.
 
"WOW DUDE NO ING WONDER YOU'RE NEVER WITH ANYBODY-"
 
"Kris-"
 
"HAHA YOU'RE SUCH A LOSER OMG"
 
"You have one second-"
 
"NO WONDER! NO ING WONDER WHY YOU'RE SO LONE-"
 
"Aaaaaand look who's gonna suffer the wrath of my goddamn hand in one second."
 
~|•~•|~
 
Joonmyeon was running to the bubble tea house all the way on the left wing on campus.
 
Once he reached there, he collapsed onto the brick road, gasping for air.
 
It's obviously not like he couldn't remember the last time he went to gym.
 
Ugh, I really need to work out, Joonmyeon thought as he watched sweat run down from a loose strand of hair.
 
"Oh, really? Are you sure you didn't bump into another lamp post?" An all too familiar voice said in a quirky tone.
 
Joonmyeon's breath hitched in his throat as his eyes rolled up to look at Yixing's face above, staring down at him. "U-Uh-"
 
Yixing grinned before chuckling and helping the redhead up. "Just kidding, just kidding~ Speaking of lamp posts, how's your head?"
 
"Cute." Joonmyeon muttered as he looked at the Chinese's pair of rounded glasses.
 
Yixing blinked in confusion. "Your head's feeling cute?"
 
"U-Uh no, it's just, uh-"
 
Yixing waved a hand to go on.
 
Come on Joonmyeon, you can do this, he thought.
 
"Just, uh, birds!" The redhead improvised, pointing at the first bird he saw.
 
Yixing looked at the bird before turning to Joonmyeon with a raised eyebrow. "A dead bird... Is cute to you?"
 
Smooth, Joonmyeon, smooth.
 
"Uh, well," the Korean sputtered, "It, uh, would, um, look cute? Yeah. Minus the blood and all."
 
Yixing shook his head. "You're so weird~"
 
Joonmyeon blushed. "Oh, I'm sorry."
 
The bronette shook his head. "No, no, no! That was a compliment!"
 
The redhead looked up from his shoes to face Yixing. "Really?"
 
"Yeah!" Yixing smiled, and Joonmyeon thought he could've died at the more-than-1000-watt smile. "If it makes you feel better, I'm weird too."
 
Joonmyeon blinked. "Oh?"
 
Yixing brandished an egg-looking container from his pocket. "I'm obsessed with these lip balms! I call my eos Eggstraordinary!"
 
Joonmyeon laughed.
 
And although Yixing didn't know why, he started laughing along.
 
Needless to say, after that, there were several dates.
 
~|•~•|~
 
Each date they had was an unorganized schedule of some sort. Either one of them would call and they'd end up hanging out and talking.
 
It wasn't until their seventeenth hang-out session when things started getting real.
 
~|•~•|~
 
just open the door; we've got time on our side;

Joonmyeon drew in a deep breath before knocking cautiously on Yixing's door.
 
Leaning against the wall while drinking water to look cool for Yixing, he waited and waited.
 
Eventually, the door was opened- but not by Yixing.
 
Joonmyeon spit all of his water onto his unsuspecting cousin twice-removed upon his appearance.
 
"What the , Joonmyeon?" Jongdae growled. 
 
"Y-You're Y-Y-Y-Yixing's r-roommate?" The redhead babbled.
 
"Yeah, your boyfriend's in the bathroom." The brunette informed, eyes slightly droopy.
 
Joonmyeon frowned.
 
Jongdae thumped his chest in pride. "It's so fun being your cousin and your boyfriend's roommate at the same time." He let out a dreamy sigh. "Hearing two sides of the same thing are extremely entertaining."
 
Joonmyeon scowled. "Jongdae, we're not technically cousins cousins. We're cousins twice-removed-"
 
"Does it look like I even give a ? I'm still one of the closest people to you, nonetheless."

"True that, true that." The redhead nodded. "So, uh, what's up with Yixing?"

"Ah~ You're the caring type of boyfriend, I forgot." Jondae tsked as he grabbed his jacket, pushed Joonmyeon inside, and grabbed the door handle. "Well, I'll leave you lovebirds as I go explore the fabulous world of Disney through the Internet."

Joonmyeon pursed his lips. "Number one, you're actually gonna try beating Christopher Robin on Home Run Derby and number two, WAIT WHAT IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN-"

"TOODLES MI AMORE~" The other blew a kiss (to which Joonmyeon retched upon) and slammed the door behind him.

"KIM JONGDAE YOU NASTEH NASTEH BEING-" Joonmyeon stopped once he heard the sound of muffled sobs coming from the bathroom and the sound of a flushing toilet.

"Yixing?"

Upon coming to Yixing's dorm for fifteen times (it's not like Joonmyeon counted; no, of course not), the Korean certainly knew how to find his way around.

Hence why he was able to knock on the younger's bathroom door in the matter of thirteen seconds with fifteen footsteps and one hundred eighty-two heartbeats (it's not like he counted; pshhhhhhh).

Three solid knocks on a white wooden door.

"Yixing?"

No response.

Joonmyeon lowered his fist in thought. Wait, why does this sound and seem familiar-

"Do you wanna build a snowman~?"

The redhead gasped. I did not just do that; I did NOT just-

"Go away, Jongdae!"

Joonmyeon blinked in surprise. Jongdae? Really? Really? But why did-

"Um, actually, it's Joonmoney, XingXing. And you know that the pun is intended."

"..."

"..."

"...Oh."

Well, isn't this awkward.

"...Um, Yixing, can I come in or-"

Yixing opened the door and Joonmyeon oddly felt like squishing the other into his arms when he looked into his red eyes. "Please."

"What's wrong?"

The Chinese slammed the door and crawled back inside the hygienic sanctuary.

Joonmyeon sighed. 

Oh lawd.

Three seconds after kicking the door, Joonmyeon was finally able to crawl to the curled up Yixing.

"Yixing?"

The addressed boy looked up with two halves of his pale blue eos.

"Eggstaordinary died."

"...Yixing, I'm sorry, but I have to laugh at you for this."

"..."

Joonmyeon shook his head and stood up, extending an arm towards his upset friend. "Come on, Xing, I'll get you another one."

And that was when the redhead melted for the first time at Yixing's cuteness, therfore making himself believe that he, future pilot Kim Joonmyeon, fell in love with future flight attendant Zhang Yixing.


~|•~•|~

we can make it out alive;

Joonmyeon took Yixing's hand and placed the blue lip balm on his palm, eyes turning into crescent moons as he smiled. "Isn't that better, Yixing?"

Yixing gulped and blushed furiously as he rolled the eos around on his hand.

It honestly did feel a lot like Eggstraordinary, anyway.

But this one was much more special, and it was because Joonmyeon, his first love, gave it to him.

Instead of giving a Yixing-like reaction that consisted of a shy smile and a flowery blush (which Joonmyeon internally fanboyed over- which, of course, Yixing never noticed), the Chinese decided to be a little more bold.

He smiled and leaned forward to give a peck on the redhead's cheek. "Thanks, Joonmyeon."

Before Joonmyeon could smile like an idiot, Yixing bolted away, Eggstraordinary tucked carefully into his pants pocket.

~|•~•|~


you never wanted to be rescued;

"Goddammit, Kim Joonmyeon! GET YOUR LAZY OUT OF MY BED!" Kris hurled a pink pillow at the motionless figure sprawled across his mattress. 

"IT'S BEEN FIFTY-SIX HOURS, KRIS" Joonmyeon managed to screech maniacally before cackling and bursting into another round of tears.

Kris snorted. "God, of course you'd keep count, you tacky little-"

"FIFTY-SIX HOURS SINCE YIXING HAS EVER COMMUNICATED WITH ME" The redhead shrieked before whining, beating his hands on the mattress.

"Yo, that's my mattress, you er!"

"WHAT THE AM I SUPPOSED TO DO, KRIS?!" Joonmyeon wailed dramatically. "YIXING KISSED MY CHEEK- WHICH I NEVER MINDED- AND NOW HE DOESN'T CONTACT ME!"

"..."

"..."

Joonmyeon opened his mouth to break the respectable silence they shared, but it was ruined by an arrogant Kris's mouth. 

"...Is this how you know you've fallen in love? 'Cuz it sounds stupid as ."

~|•~•|~

 so now we're drifting away;

"JONGDAEeEeEeEeEeEeEeEeeeeeEEEeeEeEe~!" Yixing screeched out. "Should I contact him or not?"

"..." Jongdae stared incredulously at the Chinese.

"...Well?" Yixing tried to look hopeful.


"...Does it look like I would ing know? God, being in love is so stupid."

~|•~•|~


hey, we're taking on the world;

"Alright, I can't handle Joonmyeon stabbing at his Neapolitan ice cream while watching Mulan anymore." Kris stared blankly at the dark-haired male across from him.

"Funny you should say that, Yixing's been eating nothing but Mango Sherbet and watching the Cantonese version of Mulan." Jongdae pointed out.

They scoffed in unison.

"God, they're pathetic."

"I ing know right, Jesus. Like, stop being ."

"...So, what do you propose we do for those flaps?" Kris leaned back into his chair, leaning forward immediately afterwards when he realized that he was on a stool. 

"One of those ers needs to confess." Jongdae scoffed. 

"Exactly what I was thinking."

"Joonmyeon will-"

"Yixing will-"

The two best friends looked at each other.

Kris stared hard at the shorter. "Yixing will confess."

Jongdae laughed and shook his head. "Clearly, you've never met Yixing. He's too much of a fluffy marshmellow to do that."

"Aaaaaaaand clearly, you don't know how your cousin twice-removed and how emotionally unstable he is." The blond squinted his eyes at Jongdae.

"..."

"..."

"...Did we seriously get into a fight over our roommates?" Jongdae quipped.

"...I think we did." Kris looked at Jongdae nervously.

"..."

"..."

"Oh my god, we need friends."

~|•~•|~

break the plans we had before;

"Where the is Joonmyeon, Kris?" Jongdae snapped. "I have Yixing ready to come here in ten seconds! I can't do this without Joonmyeon!"

"I DON'T EVEN KNOW, OKAY?!" Kris stood up abruptly, causing his chair to tumble behind him. "HIS TEXT SAID THAT HE WAS GONNA BE HERE IN A MINUTE!"

That was when Yixing opened the door, eyes blinking in surprise.

He truly, with all his heart, did not expect to see Kris and Jongdae in all black clothes with black paint smeared across their faces.

"...Um."

"IT'S NOT WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE!" was the immediate reaction from the two as they sprung away from each other.

"...Yeah... I'll be going now... Jongdae and Kris.... So..." 

That was when Yixing closed the door and sprinted away from the door.

He really didn't expect that.

Not one bit.

~|•~•|~

"SORRY I'M AN HOUR DELAYED! THERE WAS TRAFFIC AND-

That was when Joonmyeon was tackled down to the floor by two figures.

"...Kris? Jongdae? What the-"

Kris turned the lights on, revealing their ridiculous all-black appearances. 

"WHAT THE WHY ARE YOU BLACK-"

He was caught mid-sentence when Jongdae jumped onto his back and started pulling hs red locks. "YOU LITTLE DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH I HAD TO PUT UP WITH THAT TALL MOTHERER OVER THERE FOR YOU?! AND THEN YOU DON'T EVEN ING SHOW UP, OH MY GOD-!"

"Jongdae, calm the down-"

"I HAD TO PAINT MY FACE BLACK, JOONMYEON! BLACK!" Kris's voice boomed. "MY FACE IS CRYING FOR YOU! I MADE MY FACE CRY! JUST FOR YOU-!"

"Boys, please."

" YOU-"

"I WAS PLANNING TO CONFESS TO HIM TOMORROW, YOU LITTLE ERS!" Joonmyeon screamed as he got Jongdae's hands off his hair. 

The two calmed down and scoffed. 

"You better, you er."

~|•~•|~

it took so long to convince you, i knew i had to show my colors;

Joonmyeon bit his lip as he looked at Jongdae, who was shifting every now and then in the darkness that surrounded him. "Are you sure that this-"

" please. Of course, I'm sure." He snapped, rolling his eyes.

Kris scoffed. "At this point, it feels like we're confessing instead of you."

The redhead scowled. "You guys ."

Jongdae giggled. "That's what she said-"

A faint "Joonmyeon?" could be heard in the hallway. 

The redhead smiled.

It was Yixing's voice, which meant that he was already here.

Kris and Jongdae eagerly nodded at him as they fixed themselves for their tasks. 

"In here, Yixing!" Joonmyeon bellowed. 

Kris grimaced. "No need to be loud, save that for the bedroom."

Joonmyeon slapped the back of his head before repeating. "In here, Yixing!"

"God, we get it, Joonmyeon, you're in here-"

" off."

"Joonmyeon?"

The doorknob rattled. 

Joonmyeon nodded towards the door and he strapped the guitar onto himself as Kris stealthily unlocked the door.

Yixing gulped as he entered the darkness. "Joonmyeon?"

All the males in the room could hear a click, but they were all still in the darkness.

Joonmyeon squinted his eyes when he heard the rustling, grunts, and "Ow, that hurt, you er"s that were thrown around in harsh whispers. 

"Seriously guys, don't this up." He whispered through clenched teeth.

"I should be saying that to you, Joonmyeon." Kris sassed as he fiddled with the lever again. 

"...Um, Joonmyeon?"

Joonmyeon looked at Yixing with sparkling eyes and his teeth biting down on his bottom lip.

"Why aren't you talking?" Yixing and Jongdae whispered simultaneously, Jongdae's sounding obviously more harsh.

The redhead didn't respond; he only strummed the first chords of the song (Yixing noticed that the first one was G) on his acoustic guitar.

"It took so long to convince you, I knew I had to show my colors~" Joonmyeon sang into the mic as he strummed.

Yixing gasped and a hand flew up to cover his mouth. 

This was his favorite song from the band, 5 Seconds of Summer.

"We can run down the street, with the stars in our eyes~ We can tear down this town, in the dark of the night~" Joonmyeon bit his lip. "Just open the door, we've got time on our side~ We can make it out alive~!"

Yixing soon found himself lost in the music, but not entirely; he found himself getting lost in Joonmyeon's singing.

"Earthquakes won't wait for another day~ Don't say I know I never said, I never said it, oh~ One day, we can make it out alive~!" Here, the redhead's voice cracked, causing him to clear his throat briefly and the Chinese to giggle while the best friends sniggered in the corner.

After hearing the chorus one more time, Yixing let a tear run down his cheek. 

Joonmyeon closed his eyes and strummed softly. "So let go~ 'Til we've lost control~"

He opened his eyes and looked into Yixing's sparkling eyes. "And we'll stumble through it all~"

Joonmyun strummed one last time. "Let's do something new and unpredictable~"

He put down the guitar and walked over to the crying boy in the doorway. 

"Well, how was it?"

Yixing smacked his shoulders while he let out silent sobs. 

"I'm gonna take that as a good job." Joonmyeon smiled.

"You're such a weirdo." Yixing muttered before he took a step closer to the redhead and looked up.

Their first kiss was awkdorable, to say the least, with all the nose positioning and bumping, but it was a gentle and shy brush of lips. When Yixing put his arms around his neck and parted briefly, Joonmyeon took that as a sign of reassurance and leaned forward to meet his lips with much more tenderness as he placed his hands on the small of Yixing's back. This time around, there was less awkwardness, but more care pouring out of them and into each other as they tilted heads.

Jongdae sobbed into Kris's sleeves. "kRiS! mY bABieS! mY bAbIEs aRe gROwInG uP!"

"Shut up, Jongdae, you're ing ruining the moment for them-"

Yixing and Joonmyeon blushed as they parted upon hearing Jongdae's wail of despair.

"Aaaaaaaaand you ruined the moment for them. Nice going, face." Kris scoffed. 

Joonmyeon bit his lip as he looked at Yixing. "So, uh, yeah, can we take on the world?"

Yixing leaned forward and brushed his bangs out of his eyes. "And we shall be-"

He paused to kiss him briefly again. 

"Unpredictable"

~|•~•|~

so, let go!

Yixing sighed as he swung their interlaced fingers. "I can't believe this actually happened."

Joonmyeon leaned over and stopped right before his lips. "Well, believe it, Xing. 'Cause from now on, I'm never letting you go, even though we graduated. You're staying with me forever."

~|•~•|~

'til we've lost control;

Joonmyeon buried his head into his hands. "Yixing?"

"Yes, babe?"

"...Sometimes, I wish you didn't take those extra classes. It's lonely being with Kris at his airport and Jongdae being there isn't much a-"

"Joonmyeon?" Yixing interrupted softly. 

"Yes?"

"Remember how I told you I got a job? It was at Kris's airport."

Joonmyeon stared incredulously at his boyfriend. "You never said anything about getting a job in the first place."

"..."

"..."

Yixing thumped his fist against his head. "Oops. At least you know now?"

Joonmyeon rolled his eyes and kissed him sweetly. "And I couldn't be happier that you did."

~|•~•|~

and we'll stumble through it all;

"It's early 2012 for 's sakes, LuHan!" Joonmyeon groaned. "I am NOT agreeing to a Code: KKK!"

LuHan pouted. "BUT IT'S FOR BAEKKIE!"

"Last time I checked, you hated each other."

"WE JUST HAVE A HOVE RELATIONSHIP LIKE SEKAI-"

"Joonmyeon?" Yixing knocked quietly on the wall. "Can we talk privately for a moment?"

The addressed male brushed past LuHan and smiled at Yixing. "Sup babe?"

"Nothing, it just looked like you needed to get away from LuHan." The Chinese smiled.

Joonmyeon pressed his lips against his boyfriend's. "Have I ever told you how much I love you, sometimes?"

"Several times, to be exact." Yixing answered playfully before pecking his cheek.

~|•~•|~

let's do something new and unpredictable;

"THREE CHEERS FOR FIVE YEARS!" Kris shouted, holding up his glass for a toast on April 25, 2014.

"FOR SULAY!" The rest chorused.

Yixing and Joonmyeon clunked their glasses together with proud smiles hiding behind their wine. 

"To us."

"To us taking on the world and doing something new and unpredictable, you mean."

~|•~•|~

words; 5,511


sulay!crack comedy, fluff, romance, and a song fic all rolled into one with the help of babos kris and jongdae

and just so you know: make believe that the day they met was April 25, 2008 (4/25/08)

and make believe that they got together a year later (April 25, 2009= 4/25/09)

i really like 4/25 for reasons, so yea c: