Behind the Names

Saoirse

Krystal's POV


                                                                                    Chapter 2: Behind the Names

Justice drove me home. My sister was waiting for me and before she could say something, I threw her the cd and she caught it.

“Watch it. It’s from mom and dad.” I told her.

I went upstairs and sleep.  The next day, I didn’t go to school because I just don’t want to.  So, I’ve been roaming around my parents’ bedroom, hoping to find something. I plopped down the mattress because I couldn’t find anything. I don’t know what I was looking for, but there’s got to be some clues or anything. When exhaustion finally came to my senses, I got up and went downstairs to eat. Time’s ticking so fast. Suddenly, there’s a knock on the door and I open it.

“Why are you here?” I asked the boy.

“I thought something happened to you.” He replied. “Why were you absent?”

“I just don’t feel like going to school.”

“Give me your phone.”

I obediently gave him my phone.

“Call me if anything happens.” He said. "Saoirse is freedom in English, right?"

I nodded and then he walked out of my house. Why did he have to go here? He’s so weird. No one can ever know how his brain works. 


Clair's POV;

 

“Why did you go to Saoirse’s house?” I asked Just.

“I just came to see her.”

“Why didn’t you tell me?”

“You can see the future anyway.”

“Just, stay away from her.”

“I just came to visit her. That’s all.”

“Why are you so drawn to her?”

“You’re crazy.”

“She will be the cause of your death.”

“What?”

“I saw in my vision that you will be so madly in love with her and because of that -- you’ll die.”

He just stared at me.

“Let’s just hope my visions are wrong and we both know; they never were.”

Justice never told me that he love me. We were just going out for and nothing else. In my visions, Justice always laughs when he’s with Saoirse and they were always bickering at each other. He never tells me anything, I’ve never seen him so happy and angry and jealous before, but when he’s with Saoirse – it’s like he’s pouring out all his emotions into her. I can never hate Saoirse, even though I know that someday she’ll take away Justice from me. 


Justice's POV:

"She will be the cause of your death."  Those words keep on repeating over my head. At the day of my father’s funeral, her family was the only who came and right there I knew that I’m in love with her. She saw me holding my tears back, so she whispered to me: It’s okay to cry; it gives you freedom and relief. And so I cried, she wiped the tears away with her little thumbs and hugged me. I know that she doesn’t remember this because she was struck down by a truck the next day and it’s the reason why she had amnesia. I swore an oath that whenever she starts crying, I’ll always be there to comfort her.

Every guy at school drools whenever she walks down the hallways. Why can’t she be so ugly?I hate her for being so beautiful. It pisses me off when the guys starts talking about doing dirty things with her; that’ll probably the only time that I’ll lose my cool. I told them that they can never look or even think of Saoirse because I’ll kill them. Eventually, they obeyed me. The girls hate her because they are envious of her beauty. That’s why she’s always alone. I want Justice for my father and to her parents as well. The only reason why I picked the name Justice was because of her and my dad.


Gray's POV:

 

I was doing my homework when Clair knocked on my window. She likes to climb my window; we used to do this a lot when we were kids.

 

“Clair what are you doing here?”

 

“Its Justice.”

 

“What did he do to you?”

 

“He didn’t do anything to me. Look, I saw him in one of my visions and he’s going to die because of Saoirse.”

 

“Did you tell him that?”

 

“Yes and he didn’t believe me. I told him to stay away from Saoirse”

 

“He always believed in your visions.”

 

“They are like magnets; they will always find a way to be with each other until someone dies.”

 

“What are you going to do? We can’t let him just die because of her.”

 

“I need your help.” She pleaded. “Please, you said that you’ll do anything for me.”

 

“Fine. I’ll do it but what is it anyway?” I asked suspiciously.

 

“Date her.”

 

“Are you out of your mind?”

 

“Maybe, it’ll work.”

 

“You said so yourself, they’re like magnets.”

 

“I know. I can only see a glimpse of what’s to come. You’re the only one that I can’t see in my visions, so maybe just maybe, you’re the only one who can save him.”

 

“Why can’t you just explain it to her?”

 

“Don’t you think I already thought of that? I’ve seen it. Justice will try to convince her.But you can make her fall in love with you.”

 

“How the hell am I supposed to do that?”

 

“You’re handsome and pure.”

 

“I’m not pure.”

 

“Yes, you are. A lot of girls fancy you. I think every girl is in love with you.”

 

“Then why are you not in love with me?”

 

“Because I’m in love with Just.”

 

“Why him?”

 

“Why? I wonder that to myself too. You know that I love you.”

 

“You love me like a friend.”

 

“I’m sorry that I can’t love you more than a friend.”

 

“I understand, but I’ll only do this on one condition,”

 

“What?”

 

“Kiss me.”

 

She hesitated at first but she gave in. I kissed her gently at first then passionately until I can’t get over her. We both plopped down at my bed, I was kissing all of her body and then I stopped when I was about to get inside of her.

 

“I can stop before I’m—“

 

“No, don’t stop.” She interrupted.

 

“No, get up.” I said sternly.

 

“What?”

 

“Why are we doing this?”

 

“Because you want to.”

 

“No, it’s because you wanted me to do this to you.”

 

“Just do it!”

 

“Say it!” I demanded. “Say that you want me.”

 

“I want you more than ever.”

 

I inside of her and she moaned in pain. She was my first and I wish that I was her last, but I know that it is impossible. When I woke up in the morning, she was putting her skirt on and I smiled at her beautiful face.

 

“Hey, you’re leaving?”

 

“Yes.” She sound irritated.

 

“Why are you pissed off at me?”

 

“You didn’t use condoms.”

 

“I thought you get injected by the program?”

 

“No, my appointment will be on next week.”

 

“It’s just one time.”

 

"Anyway, don't forget our deal."

"I won't."

Starting from that day -- we had every night. I used condoms just for precautions and I know condoms aren’t really safe or anything, but it’s all I have.

 

“I hate using condoms.” I told her.

 

“I’m sorry.” She said. “Just wait until next week and you won’t need those stupid condoms.”

 

 

Clair gave me the name Gray because my eyes are gray. She said that I'm detached and blunt like the color gray, but I'm also matured, responsible and dependable. From that day on, I was called Gray.


Amber's POV:

"Don't you think Gray is acting a little weird?" I asked Rebel.

"No."

"I mean, what's going between him and Saoirse?”

“I dunno.”

“Gray is detached and quiet, but he’s predictable. We all know he’s in love with Clair, so that means he’s just using Saoirse to make Clair jealous.”

“Clair isn’t good at hiding her feelings. She seems really jealous. Maybe, she's falling for him? ”

“Is that why Just looks so pissed off nowadays?”

“Amber, we all know that Just has no human feelings. He’s cold, weird and unpredictable. We can never know what’s going on his mind.”

“Sometimes, I wonder if he’s even human.”

“Ditto.”

“What are you two doing?” Rogue asked.

“You scared me.” Rebel said.

“Did I frighten my little brother?” Rogue asked teasingly.

“I always wonder why your name was Rebel.” I asked. 

“He’s rebellious.” Rogue explained.

“How rebellious?” I continued, "We've been friends for four years now and I still don't know your story."

“He rebelled against the government. He was the one who started the revolution.” She said.

“That was you?”

“Yeah.”  He answered shortly.

“What happened?”

“Half of us got killed.” Rebel answered.

“Why were you named Rogue?”

“I killed our non-biological parents because they were authoritative and cruel.” She replied.

“Then who are your real parents?”

“He’s the man who built the government. Our mother was only a teenager when she gave birth to us. She was a mistress; therefore, our father gave us away.” He answered.

“Where’s your mother?”

“She was butchered.” She replied shortly.

"I'm sorry." I told them both.

"We're all the same, you know." She said. "That's why Just picked us; we're orphans now."

"Why is Clair the only one who has a family?"

"I dunno." She answered. "We've never seen her parents. We don't know anything about her except that she's gifted."

"How about you?" He asked. "Where did you get your name?"

"From my mom. She died giving birth to me. My father -- he was killed."

"I'm sorry." He said.

Now, I understand. We're all orphans and Justice helped us. He gave us a purpose; he wanted us to fight for Justice; to fight for freedom.


 Enjoy :)