Sequel

Conversations over Coffee
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As always Taehyung walked into the café after work. The strong aroma of roasted coffee beans hit him straight on and almost all of the stress he received the past week melted away. He smiled as he walked towards the cashier but it didn’t last long when he realised that instead of the person he was looking for, a young foreign looking male, no older than a junior in high school greeted him.

“Hello. Welcome. What can I get for you sir?” he asked.

Taehyung peered over him and stood on his tiptoes to look over the large display case before finally acknowledging the younger.

“Are you by yourself?” he asked monotonously hands still stuffed in his coat.

“The others are at the back. I’m told to take care upfront” the boy answered warily.

“Ahh I see” he nodded “well could you call Hyo Joo for me then. Tell her a prince has arrived and in dire need to see his princess.” he declared spreading his arms out before clutching onto his cream coloured turtleneck drasticcaly.

“But Hyo Joo noona is busy at the moment” the younger stated blinking.

Taehyung came closer till the counter was the only barrier between the two. “Do you think I’m joking?”

“Excuse me?” the boy asked unsure but later realised by the look on the latter’s face he was indeed being serious “No sir. I’ll go get her right away” he cowered slightly before scurrying off to the back kitchen.

Taehyung broke into a grin “I hope I didn’t scare the kid too much” he said turning to face the café and noticed that the place was quite filled with students more than usual.

Shrugging he paid no much attention to the crowd and he looked at the deco on the walls instead. He noticed the chalkboard which was updated daily of their specialty of the day.

“Pumpkin Mousse Parfaits” he read before looking down to the now hiring sign below the specialty of the day.

“That explained the new face” he said.

“Hi stranger” a familiar voice called behind him.

Smiling Taehyung turned and his smile got wider if that was possible.

“Hi” he grinned “You got a lil something over here” he said as he wiped off what he presumed as flour off your cheek.

“Thanks” you blushed “I was in the middle of kneading when I was told that a prince was desperately looking for his princess and he even made my new co-worker a little uncomfortable in the process.” You teased leaning on the counter.

“Really? Sounds like a jerk to me” he stated copying your actions before closing the distance between you two.

You backed away pushing his forehead slightly. “Not while I’m working Tae” you warned lightly

“Okay okay. I’ll behave” he surrendered straightening up a little “I’ve missed you” he declared.

“We just texted each other this morning” you pointed out nevertheless grinning at the latter.

“More reasons to miss you” he said earning a chuckle from you.

“Alright Tae, since it’s such a nice day, is a hot Caramel Latte okay?” you asked picking up an empty cup from the side.

“You know it” he said dreamily leaning on his right hand as he watched you write on the cup and tick the descriptions.

“Vernon” you called.

Taehyung straightened up as the boy from before came in view.

“Yes noona” he answered glancing slightly to the elder male.

“I need you to take this order for me. Can you do it?” you asked handing him the cup.

Vernon read the drink before nodding “Sure noona. I just have to replace vanilla with caramel instead right?” he asked

“Bingo” you praised “Call me if you have any trouble okay”

“I will.” He nodded.

“Good” you said ruffling his hair before turning back to the latter.

“Well you’re awfully close with that minor” Taehyung stated nodding towards where Vernon was.

“Isn’t he cute though?” you asked grinning as you started walking where the receiving station was.

“Myeh he’s alright” he shrugged following you.

“Turn around” you said “You see those three tables filled with female students?” you pointed out earning a nod “They’re all here for him” you stated

“Yea right” Taehyung claimed turning back to face you.

“It’s true. Ever since we have Vernon and the new baker out back, this place had been swarming with female students. At first we thought it was probably because of both JYP and Pledis High being around this area but apparently these girls are from FNC girls middle and high school” you explained brightly

“Isn’t that like four busses away?” he asked.

“Exactly” you pressed “Isn’t that great?” you asked excitedly.

“You know you guys don’t need cute boys as baristas or bakers just to get customers right?” he interrogated

“I know. It’s just nice to see the place extra crowded than before” you shrugged leaning onto the counter with him.

“You know what else is nice?” he asked taking your hands in his before rubbing your knuckles affectionately.

“What?” you grinned

“This” he stated grinning as well “I like that we’re able to flirt with each ot

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter