Final

Conversations over Coffee
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Coming out from the storage room, you were carrying a tall tower of empty new paper cups that were needed to be restocked. You were steadying the cups with both your hands on each ends when your bestfried slash co-worker bumped into you causing the both of you to panickly catch all the paper cups before they could  meet the ground.

"Where's the fire Ailee? What's the rush?" you asked with your arms filled with cups. She grinned before answering "Your regular is here" You stared at her baffled before you walked pass her towards the counter upfront.

"That's impossible" you said "Today's Friday!" you pointed out with Ailee tailling behind you carrying her share of cups. "But he is here! And you know him. He won't order anything to anyone apart from you" she teased.

As the both of you reached behind the counter, you straight away arranged the paper cups neatly at the barrista station. "That's not true.. I just happen to be his waitress every time he comes" you argued before pointing at the pile in her arms. Ailee rolled her eyes as she released the cups all over the counter top.

"Then explain the empty table infront of him won't you?" she said after turning you to face infront. Almost instantly your eyes caught hold of the orange-haired boy alone at his table by the window playing with his phone. As if on cue the latter looked up before he smiled and gave you a small wave.

The both of you waved back with Ailee grinning her head off and you smiling awkwardly. "Well? What are you waiting for? Go talk to him" she scolded. Pushing you by your shoulders through the counter doors before patting your bum. You scowled at her which she returned with a wink.

You straightenned your apron around your waist as you made your way across the cafe towards your supposed regular. You smiled politely to a few other customers before finally reaching his table. "Hey stranger, What can I get you today? The usual caramel macchiato perhaps?" you asked standing infront of him with your hands clasped together.

The boy chuckkled as he placed his phone on his table."Am I that predictable now?" he asked with his fist under his chin, looking up to you. "Just a little bit" you pinched both your thumb and index finger to show him "but honestly though. Did you check your calendar right because the last time I checked you're only free to come here on Saturdays. What's the occasion?" you asked.

"Maybe you might want to get my order of drink first before I answer that. We don't want you to get into trouble for being mistaken on flirting with me again now do we? Besides I heard your manager over there is in a bad mood" he whispered the last part while he covered his right index finger with his left palm as he pointed to the short stubby middle aged man with glasses sitting across the cafe.

You stiffled a laugh behind your closed fist before turning back to face him. "That happenend one time!" you argued smiling. He returned with a shrugged and laugh along with you. "Alright Mr. Smarty Pan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter