Chapter Three

So Much For My Happy Ending

WARNING: This chapter contains several implications of . involving if you want to be a bit more specific. No actual happens but it's discussed so if that makes you uncomfortable then you should approach the final scene (after the radio show) with care.

 

"Minki," Jonghyun said, catching the blond by the arm as the younger headed to his room, "can I talk to you for a bit?" 

 

"I'm really tired Jonghyun." Minki said, not looking at the leader, "I just really want to sleep okay? It's been a really long day and we have early schedules tomorrow." 

 

"It'll be quick." Jonghyun said, tugging at Minki's arm. 

 

Minki sighed, running a hand through his hair, but allowed Jonghyun to tug him into the leader's room without further protest. 

 

"If you're going to tell me to break up with Tao hyung don't bother because I'm not going to." Minki said wryly as soon as the door closed behind him. 

 

"What? No that's not what-" 

 

"So you approve then? Because manager hyung wasn't actually looking for me when you said he was and Minseokkie hyung kept glaring at you like he does when he thinks someone's going to hurt someone he cares about." Minki bit his lip to stop himself from continuing. This was going to be painful enough without him baring his heart to his friend and giving him more things to hurt him with. 

 

"I don't- I'm sorry." Jonghyun said, "I'm sorry for how I was earlier. I just kind of freaked out a little." 

 

"Don't worry." Minki said, his voice getting scratchy around the edges from trying not to cry. He hoped it just came out as exhaustion, "I'm not going to let it affect Nu'est and no one's going to find out. I promise not to on any of the members or flirt with guys except in private or for fanservice where I'll keep it to appropriate levels. I promise not to hit on you or make lewd comments or gay jokes. I'll try to keep this as painless as possible for both of us and also to not make you any more uncomfortable than my uality and relationship status have already made you. Can I go to bed now?" He left before Jonghyun could respond. Sliding into the safety of his own room and sinking down onto his bed where tears, as stubborn as he, determinedly slid down his face. 

 

-SceneBreak- 

 

"So Ren ssi," Super Junior's Ryeowook asked the next night at SuKiRa, "you caused a bit of a scandal earlier in the year with the news of your girlfriend. How is that going? I'm sure all your fans are eager for an update." 

 

"Well, all the members have finally met her." Minki said, eyes crinkling in a smile, "Manager hyung too. JR ssi doesn't approve though." 

 

"It's not that I don't approve." Jonghyun protested hotly, "I wasjust worried she's taking advantage of you! She's Aaron hyung's age after all and two years is a long time for someone so young as you." 

 

"JR ssi," Minki said in a serious voice with a smile still painted on his face, "you and me are the same age." 

 

"Jeonghwa ssi wouldn't dare take advantage of Ren ssi." Aaron said, smiling winningly, "I made sure of that a few months after they started dating." 

 

"Ooh, Aaron ssi," Ryeowook said, grinning appreciatively, "what do you mean?" 

 

"I ran into the two of them in Myeongdong one day while they were on a date. I was the first one of us to meet Jeonghwa ssi because of that. At first I was very concerned that she was taking too many risks with Ren ssi's status as an idol and taking advantage of his age. But I soon realised that her feelings for Ren ssi were very genuine and so I gave her my approval after warning her not to hurt Ren ssi." Aaron explained briefly. 

 

"I was so embarrassed that day." Minki chimed in. "I was just walking in Myeongdong with Jeonghwa ssi and suddenly Aaron hyung was calling my name and then questioning Jeonghwa ssi and it all just happened so fast I didn't know what was going on." 

 

"You were very confused back then." Aaron agreed gravely, "I'm pretty sure I knew Jeonghwa ssi loved you before you did." 

 

"Hyung!" 

 

"That's only because you made me steal her number out of Min-Ren ssi's phone." Dongho pointed out. 

 

"Yah, you're supposed to be my best friend you meany!" Minki yelled, hitting Dongho on the arm. "I'm ditching you for MinhyunnieMinhyun ssi you're my best friend now okay? Please remind me to change the password on my phone later." 

 

-SceneBreak- 

 

Taozi said you publically bestfriend dumped Dongho yah last night and now Minhyunnie's your best friend the first text read. So this means you're both going to join my plan to take over the world right? said the next. 

 

Minki stifled a giggle as he tapped out his reply, Hyung, why are you so fixated on Minhyunnie? I know he's cute but Aaron hyung is also straight and so much nicer... 

 

Okay we'll take you're hyung. Anything as long as you're here too!~" the reply came immediately and Minki didn't bother stifling his laughter this time, shoving his phone into Dongho's face so he could read the conversation with Lu Han. 

 

"HyungMinki's been checking you out!" Dongho yelled, eyes still scanning the messages. 

 

"No, I said Minhyunnie was cute but Aaron hyung's nicer." Minki corrected, "And Minhyunnie's  is too skinny for my tastes. I mean, have you seen Tao hyung's ? It's amazing. Why would I check out Minhyunnie's when I have Tao hyung's whenever we're both free?" 

 

"You are incorrigible." Aaron said in English without any heat. 

 

"I have no idea what you just said." Minki said, smiling brightly. 

 

"Neither do I." Aaron admitted sheepishly. 

 

"Minki, your boyfriend's here." Jonghyun announced as he opened the front door of their dorm. 

 

"We're in the lounge!" Dongho called out as he snatched Minki's phone from his hand and rolled away to text Lu Han and avoid Minki's grasping hands. 

 

By the time Tao got his shoes off and walked into the room, Minki's phone was lying abandoned on the floor and Minki was straddling Dongho, pinning his hands above his head with both of his own. 

 

"Minki ah, if you wanted a I'm pretty sure there are better ways to ask." Tao commented offhandedly as he scooped up his boyfriend's phone. "And why did you tell Lu ge that if he wanted to take over the world with you then he had to date Dongho? I'm pretty sure he has enough boyfriends already." 

 

"Here I got you a present." Jonghyun said, throwing a small black bag from a convenience store at Minki. "Use them wisely." 

 

Minki looked torn between answering his boyfriend and seeing what was in the bag. 

 

Dongho solved the problem by sitting up and grabbing the bag and peering into it before laughing out loud and tipping the contents on the floor. 

 

Out fell an assortment of condoms and various types of lube. "Holy  Jonghyun why don't you buy this for the rest of us?" Dongho demanded around his laughter, "I call favourtism." 

 

"When you can get a steady date then I will buy you lube and condoms Kang Dongho. Til then you can beg off Minki ah." Jonghyun said pompously. 

 

"You better hope the cashier wasn't a fan." Minhyun said, picking up a box of condoms and peering at it curiously. "Also did you really have to buy so many? How much do you think they're having?" 

 

"One of the dancer hyung's got them for me." Jonghyun said rolling his eyes, "And I don't know how much  Minki's having, do you? How do you know they don't need all of this?" 

 

"Did anyone think to maybe ask the person who's life is in question?" Minki asked, a faint flush to his cheeks. 

 

"Have you two even had yet?" Dongho asked, waggling his eyebrows at his friend who was still straddling him. 

 

"Not in your bed we haven't," Minki replied sweetly, "but we can go make up for that now if you want." 

 

Minki laughed as Dongho spluttered and let Tao pull him up to his feet. "Nihaowo nanpengyou." the Korean boy said cheerfully, kissing the taller boy softly on the lips. "Shall we go remind my members why they need to stick their noses out of our life?" 

 

Tao smiled, slipping his hand into the back pocket of Minki's jeans. "Sure." He said almost shyly, "I found some of the stuff you mentioned..." 

 

Minki's grin turned feral as he released himself from Tao's hug enough to bend down and scoop up some condoms and lube, "thanks Jonghyunnie. To show you just how grateful I am I'm going to have to recommend you go out again or at least put in some headphones with really loud music." 

 

"Not that necessary." Tao said, smirking lightly, "I brought a gag." 

 

The couple shared a look and long laugh as the other Nu'est members broke out of their shock and rushed about to get out of the dorm as quickly as possible. 

 

"Text me when it's safe." Dongho threw over his shoulder as he all but ran out the door. 

 

As soon as the door shut behind his best friend, Minki turned to his boyfriend, his smile softening now that the others were all gone, "I finally got that Amazing Spider-Man DVD, you want popcorn?" 

 

"Kisses first." Tao decided and Minki was only too happy to oblige. 

 

About halfway through the movie after an hour long impromptu make out session, Minki's phone chimed with an incoming text. 

 

I really don't mind about you and Tao you know. So many things just went through my mind when I found out. I'm sorry for how I behaved and what I said to you and everyone else. I hope we're cool. 

 

Minki smiled at the message and showed it to Tao who grabbed the phone and replied: This is Tao. Minki ah's a little tied up at the moment but I'll be sure to pass on the message at a more appropriate time. We really like the vanilla lube by the way. Thank you. 

 

Minki laughed when he read what his boyfriend had sent. The two subsequently missed the rest of the movie but that was okay. They had the rest of their forever to watch it again. Or put it on and not watch it again.

 

 

A/N: So there you are. I hope you all enjoyed. For anyone who didn't finish AIT and only read what was necessary to understand this fic, it does not have a happy ending. So if you're after one of those don't read it. This fic WILL NOT BE CONTINUED. AIT will because it was written with sequels in mind. This alternate ending negates the sequels so you're not getting any. Please don't ask for any because otherwise I'm going to have to ignore you.

 

Also it's Amanda's (that-dam-aries) birthday today! (well, in a couple of hours her time but I have class and so can't post at midnight her time. ing time differences) Happy birthday Amanda!! See all the happy? You should be as happy as this alternate ending because you deserve it. You also deserve a boyfriend like Tao or Minki or both. Or you could have one of each if you wanted. Basically you deserve all the happiness you desire because you're ing amazing okay?? I love you my love.