one.

The Dying & The Living

 

 

My name is Kim Jongin, but please call me by my side name, Kai. To make this introduction short, I am a nineteen year old boy diagnosed with cancer. At first meet, i’m not an open person, so don’t expect much from me. I am here writing because everybody always wanted to know my life story. So here it is at your request.

 

My name is Lee Suyeon, A eighteen year old gal who is dedicating her time to help at the most top center hospital in Seoul. And that’s basically it. I’m nothing more than a name on a birth certificate. Never have I felt important or needed. If I was to leave the planet Earth, no one would notice and they would just proceed on with their day. I am here writing because my love for him is undying.

 

This is a story of a dying boy name Kim Jongin and a living girl name Lee Suyeon.


 

 



 

 

“Kim Jongin? Am I right?” Suyeon asked as she walked into the cold, white painted room. A clipboard was placed in her left hand which provided her with all of Jongin’s information. There was Jongin, Kim Jongin. He was playing a lame game on his cellphone while ignoring Suyeon’s presence.

 

“Jongin?” She asked once more.

 

“Kai is my name.” He bluntly said. Kai placed his phone on the side of his bed and sat up correctly.

 

“Well, on this paper it states that your name is Jongin.”

 

“It’s just a paper filled with crap. Here I am, so there is no need to read the paper.”

 

He didn’t give two s.

 

Kai was harsh. What was this hospital feeding him to make him so cold? Ice for breakfast, lunch and dinner? How ridiculous this boy was.

 

Suyeon placed the clipboard on a side table and took a seat next to Kai’s bed. “If the paper is just ‘filled with crap’ then why don’t you tell me about yourself.”

 

“Why would I tell you?” He smirked.

 

“You did tell me that there was no need to read the paper I have on the clipboard.”

Short silence.

 

“My name is Kai. Not too long ago I was diagnosed with cancer.”

 

“That wasn’t the type of story I was looking for.” Suyeon added on “I’ve actually already read the information paper about you already. Come on, tell me something about you that this hospital doesn’t know.”

 

“You’re weird.”

 

“Don’t you think I already know that?” Suyeon responded back as she chuckled, leaving her chair. “I’ll be going to go get your prescription pills that will last for about two weeks.”

 

She proceeded out the room, but suddenly popped her head back into the doorway. “Once I come back in, you must tell me your story.” With that being said, she walked.

 

“What the hell is wrong with her?”

 

 

 

< : >

 

 

 

Ten minutes past by and Suyeon was walking back to Kai’s room with a jar of pills. Suddenly, Suyeon’s name was being called from behind. She was shocked at first because who would really be calling Suyeon out of all people?

 

“Suyeon!” Doctor Joonmyun shouted out once more as he mini jogged his way to Suyeon.

 

“Ah, Dr. Joonmyun!” Suyeon was so glad to see Joonmyun. She would be lying if she said she had no feelings for Joonmyun and didn’t see him as being attractive. It was a pretty known fact that everyone around the hospital was all lovey dovey when coming around Joonmyun.

 

“I’m glad I get to see you right now.” He smiled. Suyeon was also glad. “How’s your first day? Everything is coming around easy and smooth, right?”

 

“It’s only been an hour since I’ve arrived, Dr. Joonmyun.” Suyeon said softly. “But i’m only a temporary here, so everything is easy, they’re not giving me anything real hard to do.”

 

“Oh right! I forgot! You’re here to get extra curricular points for your high school.”

 

Suyeon interrupted, “And if I become a temporary here, then I will have a better chance to get into medical school with this record.”

 

“I was about to say that, but you’re always one step ahead than everyone else.” Joonmyun took out a hand and lightly patted the top of Suyeon’s head. “You’re a great student with a bright future.”

Her cheeks flushed pink, and there was no way to hide it. Suyeon couldn’t find her way out, so she just ended up bowing at a ninety degree angle to him. “T-Thank you so much for the compliment!”

Being with Joonmyun always made Suyeon turn dizzy and stutter with her words. He once again made her into a seven year old girl visiting the candy shop for the first time.

Suyeon glanced at her hand and remembered the pill bottle she was holding and forgot that she had to deliver the pills to Kai. “Dr. Joonmyun, I have to go! I have a patient waiting for his pills.”

“You’re taking care of Kim Jongin, am I correct? He could be such a hassle sometimes.” Joonmyun sighed.

“He’s not a very open person, I can tell.” Suyeon added.

“I guess i’ll talk to you later! ”

“Yeah, later.”

“Suyeon, before you go.” He smiled. “Call me Joonmyun next time, not doctor.”

“I’ll try my best.”

 

<:>

 

Suyeon walked straight into Kai’s room as she read the prescription bottle. “It says that you should take one pill after each meal.”

Suyeon wished to say more, until she was interrupted by Kai, “You told me to tell you my real story once you come back & here you are.”

“My name is Kai and I use this name for a new start.”

 

 

 


 

 

AUTHORS NOTE ;
how was this chapter?
i guess we just have to wait
until the next chapter to get
to know the rest of kai's story.
sorry for putting up a chapter
so late 3 & thank you for reading!