Fresh Air...or Not.

Let's just say, I'm good with weird.

 

"Yah! Lee Chaerin!" I let out a yelp as I fell off the bed, the yell of my friend scaring me. Groaning, I untangled myself from the blankets and turned my head to glare at the now laughing Hanuel. 

"I really hate you sometimes, Hannie." She laughed harder and I threw a pillow at her head.

"Hey!" It was my turn to laugh now, she looked so offended.

"I could have just let you be late, you know."

"Late?"

"For the wedding? You know, your mom's?" All amusement flooded away from me.

"Oh. That."

"That?" She glared, "Can't you be happy for her? She's done everything for you, the least you can do is act happy for her."

Sighing, I ran a hand through my hair, "I know, it's just.....she just met the man! Seriously, they've known each other a month. A. Month." 

Hanuel just pulled me up and pushed me into the bathroom, throwing the dress I was to wear in after me, "Your mom knows what she's doing, just get ready."

"But don't you think she's moving too-," the door slammed in my face, "Fast....."

I sighed and looked into the mirror, the dark circles prominent on my pale complexion, "Here goes nothing." 

With reluctant speed, I was ready within the hour. Smoothing out the pale rose colored dress, I walked out of the bathroom and found Hanuel ready, both of our purses in hand, "she's already at the chapel. Let's go." 

"Good morning, Omma." She looked up with an extremely happy smile and I found myself smiling back as she hugged me tightly.

"Chaerin," she smiled, "I'm getting married today!"

I forced the smile to remain, "Yay!"

Her smile faded a bit, "I know this isn't what you want right now, but it's a good thing, I promise. You'll finally have a father and the school is absolutely wonderful, you'll love it at the house too. It's huge! Perfect for you to grow up in and you'll have siblings. Seven big brothers!"

I choked on air, "What?!"

She frowned, "Well, you always said you wanted a brother."

"Yeah, a little brother! Not-," I snapped my jaw shut, "Nevermind. I'm going upstairs. Hannie? Help her get ready, I need to cool off." 

I burst through the door and ran up the stairs to the main floor of the large church, on my way out of the building I bumped into a hard chest, "Whoa!"

I jumped back and began apologizing with haste, "I'm so so so sorry, I wasn't watching where I was going and I-"

"It's okay, I'm fine." I looked up and was suddenly very glad for my ability to hold back a blush. The boy in front of me was gorgeous, he had dirty blond hair and deep brown eyes lined in black liner. He was dressed in a black dress shirt and pants.

"Sorry...," he laughed a bit.

"Seriously, it's fine. Can I ask why you were in such a hurry?" I shifted uncomfortably.

"I needed to calm down before I ruined my mom's day." 

"Your mom's- you're Chaerin!" I nodded, a bit confused. He smiled brightly, offering a hand, "I'm Woo Kevin, our parents are getting married today." 

I took the hand and shook it awkwardly, "Nice to meet you..."

"How would you have ruined her day?" I looked down.

"I was angry....she, um, she just mentioned today that I'd be gaining brothers." For some reason, that word didn't feel right anymore, "And I was confused."

"Oh trust me, we won't be your brothers." I looked up at him confused, the smirk on his face gone within a second as if it was never there.

"What?" He raised his eyebrows innocently.

"I didn't say anything." I looked at him skeptically and the smirk returned. He leaned forward so he was right beside my ear and whispered, "I'll see you later, Chaerin."

He walked away and I could only think one thing. Strange.