Four

Hatred

            

 

‘Having fun?’

 

Rereading the text from the unexpected number for a few times, she looked up from the dinner and cradled her phone in confusion before searching for that pair of hazels that she always loved. Finding it by the opposite side of the room, she quirked up an eyebrow, silently asking he for the purpose of the text and when she received a shrug by the shoulders and a playful smile glinted on his face, she rolled her eyes at him before facing back her previous dinner.

 

A buzz and she ignored it, continuing to eat her food instead, resuming her talk with those around her. Another came in and she was still in the mood to ignore it yet, “Aren’t you gonna look at your phone? It’d been buzzing for a while now,” her manager had beaten her to it thus she picked her phone after apologizing profusely over her behavior. Still smiling brightly, she searched for that one person and glared at him before her eyes were back by the screen.

 

‘Don’t ignore me.’

‘Reply me.’

 

She was just to reply his texts when another message came through, ‘Ji-yah’, making her to look up at him, eyes worried and façade contorted in concern. But instead her cheeks automatically flushed in redness and eyes swiftly casted downwards in shyness, merely from his playful wink and a silent mumble of ‘I love you’. Her phone vibrated again and she hurriedly tapped the notification opened, ‘You’re beautiful, I’ll wait outside’.

 

Done reading, she looked for him again yet he had already turned his back to her and walked to the exit. Hastily, she shoved her phone and her other possessions that were scattered all over the table back inside her bag before standing up and rechecking the contents. Satisfied that she had left nothing there, she permissioned out, but not before being interrogated of course.

 

“Where are you going?”

“You haven’t finished your dinner yet.”

“Sudden schedule, unnie?”

“Are you in hurry?”

 

Stuttering, she looked over the backstage room and witnessed how all eyes were on her by now, including the group of boys whom seated comfortably in their seats, whom eyes were shone in malice, smirks plastered teasingly. “Eunji, where are you going?” the manager asked her finally, with the voice that sent her to fidget in her stance. “Oppa, we have no schedules left right? Can I go home first?” “And how will you go home first?” “Can’t you wait? We’re almost finished,” Chorong chirped next after her manager.

 

The room was silent and she hated that hamster for leaving her all alone, being grilled by everyone. She didn’t mind for being stared when she was onstage, but now, gosh the feeling- it was like everyone was waiting for her to screw up and embarrass herself openly. It didn’t really matter to her if it was only around her members, friends and families but there were also others inside there; s, the managers and staffs, and there were also some of others whom she only met for today.

 

“Is it your grandpa?” Bomi asked after a while, taking pity in her fidgety-self, not knowing what to do or say in that current situation. “Who’s this grandpa? I don’t recall being told that your grandpa is in town,” her manager butted in and she felt relief with the hint Bomi slipped in. “Ah, really oppa? I must’ve forgotten to tell you, I’m sorry oppa but can I go back first? He said he’ll be waiting for me by now, he’ll pick me up from here,” she continued her lies straight away.

 

And by then, not only the boys, all her girls also had this same patented smile- or rather a smirk on their face, getting ready to more. “Why don’t you ask him to come in first unnie?” Hayoung said brightly while stuffing herself with her own dinner, still trying her best to hide that knowing smile. But seeing her muted again, the manager sighed, “You’re allowed to go, don’t be late~”. Speedily, she stalked out of there and quickly reached the said spot where he waited, “I hate you,” stomping her feet away from him.

 

 

seriously i cant word everything down properly-- got a lot of ideas but none happened

thank god this piece is finally able to be updated :)) but i think it'll be a bit slow after this

and as usual~ never proof-read/un-betaed.. still enjoy lovelies~!