Here Again

Of Laughter, Friends, and Other Things That Get Us Through the Day (Part 4)

       "Ahhhh" I sigh as I push the door open and sink inside my home.  It's been a long week at work, and Friday is finally here. "Hi Aubrey.  Hi our good girl." I'm greeted by the adorable, little poodle.

      "______, you're finally home."  Minjun comes to greet me at the door. "Late day huh?"  He asks as I quickly walk up to him for a hug.

      "Way too late" I sigh again as I rest my head on his chest.

      "I have dinner ready for you."  He kisses the top of my head, holding me close.

      "You do?"  I ask, eyeing him suspiciously.  My Minjun, my Daegu gangster does not cook.

      "Well, it's take out, but it's ready, and it's for you."  He smiles knowing I would never believe he would actually cook for me. "Let's go," He spins me around holding my shoulders, guiding me to the kitchen.

      Smiling I just let him guide me, as I drop my work bag.  Aubrey follows us excitedly, jumping up and whining a little.

      "So what did you order for me?" I ask in curiosity, there's way too much ceremony for just a simple take out meal.

      "The usual" he answers nonchalantly.  He guides me past the kitchen where our small table is, confusing me.  He's being oddly secretive.  I decide to just let him have his secret.

      As we enter the living room I see the table all set with candles and wine.  Turning to face Minjun, I stand up on my tip-toes to plant a kiss on my husband's lips.

      "This is amazing" I tell him, smiling

      "Well, we need to start the weekend off right."  He wolfishly smiles as he pulls me in for a deeper kiss.  A smile emerges on his lips as my growling stomach interrupts our kisses.

      "Let's eat" he breaks away from me, holding out my chair for me to sit down.  After pushing my chair in he quickly retreats to the kitchen and returns with two plates of seafood pasta.

      "You actually made this didn't you?"  I question a coy smirk on my lips as I appreciate the amazing husband I have.

      "Maybe" he just shrugs as he sits down, setting down the plates..

      "Be careful," I warn, "If you spoil me too much I will expect this all the time."

      "Maybe I will get you home earlier if I do this more often."  He smiles at me as he eats.

      After dinner Minjun ushers me in to the living room where he brings out cheesecake and more wine.  We eat dessert and cuddle on the couch as we "watch" a movie.

      Minjun kisses my forehead, one eyelid then the other.  He pulls back slightly to look at me, he's gently holding my chin.  Our eyes meet.

      "Let's try tonight."  He gently says before kissing me.  I pull away from his kiss.

      "Try tonight?"  I ask, already knowing I don't want to know his answer.

      "Let's have kids" he shifts uncomfortably as he speaks.

      "Minjun" I sigh in exasperation, moving to sit up.

      "______" he responds, he's obviously frustrated too.

      "This agan?" It's the only thing I can think to say.  "You want to be here again?"

      "You said we could pick up this conversation again."  He starts talking fast, "I waited, so you could have some time to think about it.  I hoped you might have changed your mind."

      "Minjun, how could we possibly have kids now?"  I'm getting upset, "I hoped you would have given up on this for the time being."

      "We need to talk about this _______" He's also losing his patience, "You've come home so late all week long that we haven’t had a chance to talk about it.  We've barely had time to talk at all!"  He's speaking in his Daegu dialect now, but he's still holding back.

      "You know how important my work is to me.  I have a lot of responsibility there, and I owe a lot to that company" I respond feeling annoyed and tired.  I stand up.  "Even if I wanted kids now, the mood has been ruined tonight already.  I'm going to bed."  I announce and head to the bedroom.

      Closing the door behind me I hear Minjun yell: "Fine, its not like I felt like actually spendin' time wit' you anyways!"

      Deep breaths.  I inwardly remind myself, willing tears to retreat and my anger to subside.  After ten minutes I'm feeling much more calm.

      I stand up from the floor, and open the door.  Jumping back, I let out a small gasp as the open door reveals my Minjun standing right at the doorway.  His fists are clenched by his side.  He quickly looks up, his gaze shocked and apologetic.

      "I'm sorry" I speak first.  I watch as his fists unclench.

      "I'm sorry, too" he pulls me in to a hug.  Holding me tightly. "But, you know this conversation isn't over yet right?"

      "I know" I nod in to his chest, "but can we talk about it tomorrow?  I just want to enjoy the rest of this evening."

      "Let's do that" he agrees, pulling me into the bedroom.