2

Lingering Dispute

It was a rough few days and I didn't exactly know what was going on anymore. Days were passing by and I found it harder to concentrate on school and other things when the only person on my mind has yet to speak to me.

s still talk to me and update me on his well-being. They tell me he tries to feign happiness, but his actions say otherwise.

It clearly wasn't a clean break.

If only he had known that s and I were merely planning a surprise birthday party for him, this wouldn't have happened. I suppose I could apologize for my words, but...

I don't know. I'm not in the right mind either.

 

 

"So... are you still coming?" Namjoon came to visit to confirm my attendance.

"Yeah I guess. I don't know how he would feel about seeing me though" staring off into space seemed to be easier to do when talking about Taehyung.

"He'd appreciate it" he tried to smile, "I know it wasn't exactly the best way to break up and I know he wouldn't let you explain yourself because he does that so often, but he needs you more than you think. His performance is lacking and he always looks like he's in deep thought. As stubborn as he may be, I think he's willing to talk to you again and maybe work something out... he needs closure."

"I don't want closure" I stated bluntly, taking Namjoon by surprise. "I want to start over."

"And how are you going to start over if you don't talk to him?" Namjoon was right. So I nodded my head and agreed to continue on with this surprise party I spent so many months planning.

 

 

Everyone was practicing in the practice room and the lights were turned off.

"AH! HOSEOK STOP TOUCHING ME!" I could hear Taehyung screaming playfully. I tried not to smile, but it was hard to do so.

"Shut up! I'm nowhere near you!!" Hoseok screamed in reply, everyone began to laugh.

Yoongi came in with a birthday cake and everyone started to sing to him. He was clapping and acting silly, the happier side of Taehyung.

"Okay! Now blow out your candles... what do you wish for?" Jungkook asked.

"If I tell you guys, it won't come true... but I don't think it will happen either way" he laughed, "um... I... wish for closure... between me and..."

I began to laugh because that's exactly what Namjoon said. I squeaked a little too loud because everyone stopped talking. I figured then it was time for me to walk into the room.

As I walked in, he tried fighting a smile. I laughed at his attempt to hide his happiness.

"Hi" I said simply. He handed his cake to Jimin and walked toward me.

"Hi" he smiled, "what have you been up to?"

Before I could respond to him, all I could do was stare at his face. This is why we worked as a couple. This is why I loved him so much. Because no matter the argument, no matter the frustration, no matter the hardship, he always greeted me with a smile and inquired me of my doings.

"Planning this party for you" was all I had to say before he pulled me into a hug. "What the--"

"I'm sorry" he whispered, "it took me some time to realize how stupid I was being. The members realized that I wasn't exactly myself and asked what was going on. I told them we broke up and they asked me why. When I told them all of them slapped me on the back and told me I was an idiot. At first I was offended and tried to defend myself, but then they told me the reason why you were talking to them so much was because you were planning this entire thing for me. I should have given you the opportunity to speak, I know. I'm sorry for not doing that for you. You spent so much time doing all this for me and--"

I got on my tippy toes and gave him a surprise kiss.

"You talk way too damn much" I laughed, "I forgive you. I know it's how you are and I didn't want to break up with you, but I had to get your attention somehow, right?"

"Yeah" he laughed, "all in all, I'm really sorry and I hope that we can settle all our future disputes with hugs and kisses."

"I'm fine with that" I smiled and all the members were giving me a thumbs up... all except for Jimin who had already dug into the cake.

After embracing for so long, we pulled away and he pulled me back into a kiss, twirling me around and wrapping his arm around my shoulder as I wrapped mine around his waist.

"So where is my cake" Taehyung turned around to all the members nearly finishing the entire thing. "You ANIMALS!" Taehyung cried playfully in despair as he walked over.

"Here, have some" Jungkook rubbed a bit on his face. Everyone laughed and he walked back over to me. "They ate my cake" he pouted, "it must have been a really good one..."

I forced him to bend his knees and kissed the area where Jungkook left cake.

"Mm... it's cheesecake!" I smiled.

He pulled me in for another kiss.

"It definitely is," he determined, "and it's really good too... but let me have another taste just to make sure."