1

Lingering Dispute

We sat in the silent stillness of the room, too tired to continue this quarrel any longer. We were both stubborn (which seemed to be, in my mind, our only complex) and were unwilling to acquiesce to each others faults.

We've argued plenty of times before... but this one in particular was unlike any other dispute we've had.

 

 

There were two sides of Kim Taehyung: loving, adorable boyfriend and stubborn, feuding boyfriend. There was no median.

 

"You know, if you weren't so overprotective, we wouldn't be having this problem" his eyes darted away from mine, staring off into his own world. "I am TALKING to you, Taehyung." I didn't mean to sound so harsh, but he was acting like a child and it was necessary.

He looked at me and rolled his eyes.

"I deal with tons of beautiful fan girls bowing down to you, willing to do literally any thing to you. How do you think I feel?" I've never pulled the "fan girl" card before, but in times like this it seemed almost needed.

"But do I know them personally? I've told you a billion times that I wouldn't love anyone more than I love you" his voice was on the verge of cracking. He was more sad than furious, but didn't want to cry. I couldn't look at him, it was breaking my heart. "Why do you feel the need to hang out with my members individually when you have me?"

"Because--"

"And why are you doing it behind my back? If I was hanging out with your friends behind your back, wouldn't you be a little suspicious?"

"Because--"

"I hate that you do this to me. I'm so loyal even with all these pretty fans--"

"ENOUGH!" I shouted. He looked up at me with bulging eyes, but couldn't exactly find the words to say. "I've had it up to here with you. I am trying to explain myself but you won't allow it because you think you're so right and I'm so morally incorrect. Isn't that right? You're right and I'm always in the wrong no matter how you look at it."

"When the hell did I ever say that? How could you possibly imply that?!" this argument was growing more pointless as the seconds, minutes, and hours passed.

"It's always been this way Taehyung. I always let you win our petty arguments because I don't want to "outstubborn" you. It's pointless. Have you ever thought 'Oh why do I always win the argument?' Well, it's because I get too tired to fight with you and I don't want to lose you... but at this point in time, and I might regret saying this, but I don't care anymore" I sighed. He was deep in thought, processing each syllable, each consonant, each vowel. "If you're going to get so angry without letting me explain myself, maybe we shouldn't be together anymore."

He wouldn't speak. His silence was slowly breaking my heart. I felt tears threatening to fall, but I had to leave stronger than he thought I was. I sat down to look at him one more time before leaving. His eyes were black and you could easily hear his uneven breathing.

"So I guess this is it" I struggled to even say that. "Thank you for everything."

 

 

I began to leave the room and I was waiting for him to say "wait" or "don't go" or even chase after me. But there was nothing. Silence dawned upon us and suffocated me greatly. I couldn't turn back. I hated being stubborn, but I hated acquiesing even more. I didn't feel like I should explain myself if he wasn't willing to give me the time of day to do so... so I just left.