Fairy Tales and Pixie Dust [1/1]

Fairy Tales and Pixie Dust
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wet road. Cold wind. Wet trees. The rain stopped a while ago but the surrounding is still wet. It’s not a good idea to take a walk today than stay inside your house and watch Weekly Idol’s new episode today. Usually, Ji Min likes the rain but today is an exception. Today is one of August’s rainy days and probably, one of Ji Min’s bad days, too. Well, everyday is Ji Min’s bad day.


She looks at the now darkening sky and looks at her handphone. So much wishing for becoming an idol. Ji Min, you can’t sing, the judges already told you that, can’t you just give up and live your own normal life? She looked at the business card that an agent gave her three months ago and crumpled it. She was scouted three months ago and after she auditioned, they said that they’ll call her 3 months later and that is today. She already heard that some of the people that auditioned got in. The judges also said that they’ll call them to tell the news before 3:00pm but it’s already 5:00pm. I failed you again, father.


His father always compliments her when she sings. He always says to her that she have a beautiful voice, like an angel singing until he died because of an accident. He said he wants her to become a singer, so she promised him. But life is hard and cruel, she already auditioned for more than 10 auditions and the feedbacks are always the same. “I think you should have a voice lesson.” “You still need to improve.” “Your voice is a bit too shaky.” “You can’t even sing!” Said the judges. Her tears fell down and she wiped it. I already sacrificed my dream to become a doctor, my time and my money to come here. She just wants to be happy and achieve her dreams. Dreams don’t do come true after all…


Not wearing any jacket or anything to fight the cold temperature, a cold wind blew towards Ji Min. Shivering, she grabbed and opened a random door and went inside. Dusting her clothes, Ji Min scanned the room. It’s not a shop but a library. An old, warm and a little isolated library. There’s a few people, maybe 5 or 6, sitting and reading different kinds of books.


Ji Mi went to the bookshelves and looked at the different titles of the books. Maybe I’ll borrow some books and read them at home. It’s been a while since I last read a book. She went to the Romance section and grabbed two books. She then proceeded to the librarian’s desk but to her surprise, there’s no librarian.


“Eh?” She looks at the people reading there just in case she will find a librarian but unfortunately, there’s none. She sighs, I guess I’ll be putting both of these back to the shelves, she’s ready to walk back to the shelves but a man wearing green clothes that look like Peter Pan’s popped out of the librarian’s desk that almost gave Ji Min a heart attack.


“Hello there! I am the librarian here. What can I do for you?” He giddily said.


“Are you sure you’re the librarian because you look like…” Ji Min said and she scanned the man’s clothes. Yep, he looks like Peter Pan.


“Why, yes, I am! Now, what can I do for you?” He said and sat on his chair.


“I would like to borrow these books.” Ji Min said and placed the two books at the desk. She expects that the librarian will give  her library card and the fee for borrowing but instead the librarian read the books’ titles and scrunched his nose, like he’s disapproving of Ji Min’s choice.


“How could you read these kinds of books? Romance are for adults only! Don’t read these.” He disapprovingly said and put the books away. Ji Min looked at him, as she’s offended at the words of the librarian. What?! But Romance is like… The most popular and awesome genre!


“And who are you to refrain me from reading romance?!” Ji Min crossed his arms and glared at the librarian.


“I am… Peter Pan!” He said and raised his hands. Ji Min rolled her eyes, this man’s crazy! I wanted to read those. She looked at the man’s green clothes again and spotted a name tag, Kim Jaejoong.


“But your name tag says Kim Jaejoong.” She said. The said man pales and quickly removed and hid his name tag. He awkwardly cleared his throat.
“I am Kim Jaejoong. But I’m Peter Pan, now!” Peter Pan said and Ji Min raised her eyebrow. “Forget Romance! I’m going to show you a book that’s more interesting than romance and it’s… Fairy Tales!” Peter Pan excitedly clasped his hands and Ji Min rolled her eyes for the second time.


“Sorry, I hate fairy tales. They’re just bunch of stupid stories that stupid children believe. They’re not even real for pete’s sake! I’m just wasting my time. Thank you for nothing and adios!” Ji Min sarcastically saluted and headed for the library’s door but the crazy librarian gripped her wrist tightly and pulled her not-so-gently.


“Hey! They’re not stupid! They’re magical and… And… Super fun!” Ji Min shook her head. Peter Pan looked at her with his puppy eyes, “But you’re going to love it! I promise. Plus, you look good for a lost boy! Come on, I’ll make you believe!” Oh, who would resist those puppy eyes? Peter Pan pulled her. I can’t believe that I’m getting pulled by a crazy man that thinks he is Peter Pan! She didn’t even notice it but the librarian’s hand is tightly holding her hand. But, his hand is soft… And warm.

 

The librarian brought the both of them inside a dark small room. Peter Pan let go of her hand and lit up a small lamp. Ji Min sat on one of the boxes there and dusted the non-existent dusts on her skirt. Well, this is awkward. Thanks to Mr. Crazy aka so-called Peter Pan. Ji Min swings her legs and looked at this Peter Pan who’s looking for something. Wait, what if he’ll going to me or worse, kill me here? The thought made Ji Min shivers and she immediately covered her chest. She looked beside her and found a firewood, she slowly walked to Peter Pan, ready to hit him with it when Peter Pan quickly turned around with a wide smile plastered on his face.


“Found it!” He says and raised the big and thick book. He pushed Ji Min until she’s sitting on the box and sat beside her. He looked at Ji Min excitedly.


Peter Pan dusted the book, “Fairy Tales and Pixie Dust! You’re the first person that will see this extraordinary book! Well, excluding me, of course.” He chuckles and Ji Min scoffs. Peter Pan hugged the thick book against his chest and looked at Ji Min, “Are you ready to explore this awfully big adventure?!” Peter Pan raised his voice, almost like shouted because he feels so excited. Ji Min’s ready to strangle this guy because, heck, her ears hurt and the excitement of this guy irritates her but before she can do that, she breathes and calms herself.


“Yeah. Sure.” She said, lack of interest is so obvious in her voice but Peter Pan doesn’t notice it. “But before we start, can I ask what is your name?” Peter Pan asked, “Ji Min. Shim Ji Min.” Ji Min said, slight annoyed.


“What a nice name you have there, Ji Min! I’m Peter Pan! Okay, so, here it goes.” Peter Pan opened the book and being curious, Ji Min took a peek to the book and saw all the fascinating and beautiful drawings there.


“I want you to chant this with me, okay? I do believe. I always believe. I do, I do.” Peter Pan says. “One, two, three, Go!”


“I do believe. I always believe. I do, I do. I do believe, I always believe. I do, I do.” They chanted in unison and even if this is so ridiculous, something tells Ji Min to just do it. To her surprise, the first page of the book lit up and everything in her sight went white. It lasted for 2 seconds when she regained her sight and Peter Pan is holding her hand. They are in the place where there are big plants and unusual things.


“Pretty, right?” Peter Pan said while looking at the place. Wow, Ji Min’s jaw dropped.


“Where are we?” Ji Min asked after Peter Pan slightly nudged her. “According to my map, hmm… We are in Wonderland!” Peter Pan shouted and threw the map away, the map flew and Ji Min panicked. She tried to reach it but unfortunately, it flew away. “! What if we lost our way? How will I get back? I need to be home early!” Ji Min glared at the smiling Peter Pan.


“I don’t know what a means but I know the way and I promise to bring you back later, after our big adventure!” Peter Pan threw his hands, “There are three fairy tales that we need to cross before we can go to Neverland! Isn’t it exciting?” Peter Pan started clapping and led the way with Ji Min trailing behind him. Peter Pan suddenly stopped and Ji Min bumped her head against his back.


“Hey Alice!” Peter Pan shouted and waved at the blonde girl. She looks at Peter Pan and also waved, “Hey Peter! Leaving so soon? Come, let’s have a tea before you go.” Alice said and offered a seat.


“But we need to leave quickly so that I can bring her back early! Maybe next time, Alice.” Peter Pan said and Alice glanced at Ji Min, “Well, who’s this pretty lady?” Alice said and smiled at Ji Min.


“She’s Ji Min! The future lost boy.” Ji Min glared at Peter Pan, she is not a boy for his information, but rather, a girl. Alice smiled and patted Peter’s shoulder. “Nice to meet you, Ji Min! I’m Alice and good luck on being a lost boy.” Alice said and bid them both goodbyes. They started walking again and Peter Pan found the small door that looks like for dogs.


“Here it is!” Peter Pan said and pointed at the small door. Ji Min raised her eyebrow, “What is that?” She asked that made Peter laugh. “It’s a door. The door to the next fairy tale! Ladies first.” Peter Pan said and bowed while holding his green hat.


Ji Min ignored his gesture and opened the small door, she ducked and went in the door. She wounded herself while pushing herself in because of the barks of the trees surrounding the small door, oh you’re going to get it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter