CAPTURED

CAPTURED

Captured

 

 

Jae Joong checked his reflection on the mirror one last time before stepping out of his bachelor pad with a satisfied smile tugging at the corner of his lips. The last rays of the sun dropped below the horizon taking the afternoon warmth with it, leaving Jae Joong shivering slightly against the gentle gust of wind. Winter was fast approaching. But it didn't stop his lips from breaking into that huge breath taking smile that could have stopped hearts from beating. For tonight was special.

 

Tonight he can have his much needed break and forget even for a couple of hours that he was an idol. And he will find a lady and win her heart. He smiled as the thought of his imaginary girlfriend, chatting happily and him making her laugh until tears from in her eyes, consumed his imagination. His dark and huge sunglasses almost covered his entire face but that did not stop him from pulling his scarf closer to his mouth. Added precaution from his stalker fans.

 

He walked briskly towards the parking lot, eyes carefully roaming the place for unwanted followers. The guard waved one hand towards his direction. He smiled once before slipping inside his waiting car.

 

Just like in the old days, when he and s would sneak pass their unsuspecting and snoring manager, he grinned and shared hi fives with his buddies, Micky and Junsu. "Where's Yunho and Max?" He asked, eyes filled with excitement.

 

"Probably charming some ladies." Junsu laughed at the horrified expression on his face.

 

"Dang it." He groaned, shaking his head in defeat. "He beat me again."

 

Micky just rolled his eyes and slapped his back before disappearing through a crowd of dancers. He groaned, turned to ask Yunho's whereabouts only to find himself alone. "That brat." He muttered under his breath and grinned upon spotting the culprit in the middle of the dance floor, dancing as if he owned the place.

 

After an hour of dancing and forcing bitter liquid into his throat he grew bored. "I can't find her here." He said under his breath as he scanned the club for a girl that can sweep him off his feet.

 

"Who?"

 

"Her." He answered absentminded. Eyes on the little whirlpool he created with his scotch.

 

"Her?"

 

The voice was louder this time and vaguely familiar. He looked to his right and felt how his eyes popped open wide, making the girl laugh. "What are you doing here?" His surprise made his tone sharper than he intended.

 

She ignored his question and occupied the vacant stool next to his gaping figure. Lifted on hand as she signalled the bartender for her drink. "The usual." She mouthed then slowly turned to face him. "Having fun?"

 

He nodded. He stared at her unable to believe that she was seating calmly beside him when she should be whacking his head for the cold treatment he gave her when Jiyong introduced them.

 

"What?" Her tone, amused.

 

The effect of alcohol was slowly leaving his system, making him dangerously aware of how tempting her scent was. "Aren't you mad at me?" He asked before he could stop himself.

 

"Why would I be?" She fired back, amusement evident on her voice.

 

He chose to remain quiet, taking in her relaxed stance. His eyes remained on her making the girl shift uncomfortably on her seat. "You're staring."

 

"Sorry." He quickly looked away, blush creeping on his cheeks, grateful for the dim lighting of the club.

 

"Why are you here?" She asked making him arch one brow.

 

He scoffed. "You don't own the place."

 

Then he scowled at the pealing laughter that escaped her lips. "What?"

 

Her shoulders shook with suppressed laughter. She took a deep breath to steady herself but one look at his bewildered face made her succumb into another fit of hysterical laughter. "I meant, why are you here alone in the bar when your members are burning the dance floor."

 

"Oh." He smirked to hide his embarrassment. "I'm bored."

 

"Me too."

 

Then he heard her sigh. Curious he glanced at her just in time to catch her studying his face, "You are staring."

 

She blushed crimson red but did not avert her gaze. He would have laughed out loud but the air seemed to have been knocked out of his lungs. It was the first time that he has seen her face clearly. Even without much make up Dara Park was undeniably gorgeous. "You're beautiful." He mused making her flush deeper. His eyes darted to her lips. Pink. Soft. Inviting. Tempting.

 

He took a deep breath. Another fatal mistake. The air was filled with her scent, a mixture of strawberries and something sweeter. Intoxicating. And then she smiled, knocking the remaining ounce of oxygen left inside his struggling lungs. Her eyes shone, dark brown orbs boring deep into his soul. Her smile grew wider as if she liked what she saw.

 

At that moment when their eyes met, blood rushed to his face, his pulse quickened, his heart started thumping harder.

 

And then a few seconds later he knew. That this dorky noona, this gorgeous lady. This beautiful woman had him.

 

In the beginning he was hoping to win somebody's heart.

 

In the end, he was captured.