I'll Offer Company

Red Was the Name He Was Given
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Recounting the snacks on the small tray, the maid continued to see one less every time she turned her back. It was unheard of to make such mistakes. 

Haewon: 12 years old

Hiding behind the metal cart, I could tell the maid was getting more frustrated with each moment. Bringing my hands up, I attempted to hide the snickers that wanted to fly out of my mouth. 

Looking down at the small pouch I had created from my sleeping gown, I counted the number of snacks I managed to take without getting caught. 

I wanted to grab more but knew my greediness would eventually get me noticed. Waiting until the maid disappeared, I stood up and raced down the hallway before my plan would be exposed. With night, it was much easier to escape from the eyes of the workers in the castle. 

Reaching my destination, I peered around the corner to see if anyone was around. My eyes landed on my target and when I knew the coast was clear, I hurried down the rest of the way.

Yongguk: 15 years old

Before I had even began running, he had noticed my attempt to hide. Sighing, he looked up to see me come to a sliding stop before him. I drop down to my knees to meet him at his level. 

“Princess, you should be in bed.”

I merely smiled as soon as his voice took on a scolding tone. “Yongguk, how long is your father planning to make you kneel here?” I had heard of his punishment from the maids who had discovered it. And, wasting no time, I made sure I’ll sneak by to see him. 

“When he decides it’s enough.”

I looked down at his knees. It must be painful. “Are you hungry?” 

Now noticing the scent, Yongguk looks down as I show him what I had brought. “Father said no food.”

“He isn’t here.” 

“He’ll know.”

“Then I’ll tell him it was me that forced you to eat it – I’ll wait and see if he can punish me,” I held his stare as I said so.

“Princess.”

“Please eat,” I begged. 

With his arms raised being part of the punishment, as soon as his mouth opened to answer me, I quickly stuffed a cookie in. My grin appeared seeing how my plan worked out well. With no other choice, he quickly chewed and swallowed. 

I reached up and brushed away the crumbs from his cheek. “How did it taste?” I asked as I made myself comfortable on the floor in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter