Yes, I'm Cold

Yes, I'm Cold

"Baekhyun, won't they be mad at you?" Suho said. 

"They already are, I made the two most stubborn people in our band to go get food in the freezing cold," Baekhyun said with a smirk, laying back on the couch. 

"Then why do it?" Kyungsoo replied. 

"Because if I don't, then the two will never get a chance alone." Baekhyun's smirk slid into a foxy grin. 

Most of the band laughed at that, figuring out the motive behind Baekhyun's scheming. 

"Let's give many well blessings to the happy couple when they return," Chanyeol said, sharing Baekhyun's grin. 


Sehun didn't bring a very warm jacket. That was possibly the stupidest and bets decision he'd ever made.

The day was very cold. The wind bristled through the bare trees, jeering at the awkward, stubborn pair of a shivering boy and an awkward, slightly confused Chinese man.

Tao could easily tell by how the young boy was shaking so hard that he was cold, very cold. 

"Sehun?" Tao tried in a quiet voice as they trudged along.

"Yes," Sehun replied curtly.

"Are... are you cold?" Sehun glanced at him shortly.

"N-no," he said through chattering teeth. "I'm perfectly fine."

"Your jacket looks kind of light and you're shivering up a storm over there." Tao sounded truly concerned about the younger boy, but he was having none of it.

"I s-said I'm fine, h-hyung," Sehun stuttered.

Tao started reaching up at his black scarf. He began undoing it. "Hyung, I said I'm fine!" Sehun yelled.

"You broke it." Tao stopped walking at stared up at Sehun

"What?" Sehun asked confused.

"We're only a few minutes into our walk and you've already yelled at me over something petty." He gripped his scarf so hard his knuckles turned white. "I was going to give you my ing scarf because you're obviously cold, but you're too stubborn to admit it and I'm apparently too stupid for you or something for you to not yell at me, because you're so ing stubborn and I'm just so stupid enough to fall for-" Tao practically screamed before cutting himself off. Sehun looked up at Tao in surprise. "You know what, nevermind. Forget I said anything." He continued walked at a faster pace. "Let's just get through this walk."

"You're not stupid," Sehun said after a while of walking. "At least, I don't think you are. I never have."

"Never seemed that way," Tao said. "I get it, you like teasing me. Whatever."

"I guess I tease you a little more than the others. I'm sorry. But I do care about you," Sehun said after some silence. 

"Hmm, alright. What do you like about me?" Tao asked, prompting the young boy and teasing him a bit.

"Your smile," Sehun said almost immediately. "It lights up a room and makes me feel safe." He thought for a bit. "Your kind eyes, they are really pretty. Your sweet personality, you may be a weird guy sometimes, but you're caring and lovely. I have always admired your dedication and how well you learn fast. I admire you, Zitao. Never forget that." Tao flushed a brilliant red in the crisp air.

"Thank you, hyung. That means a lot to me."

They trudged to the store the rest of the way in silence; thoughts to themselves swirling through their heads.

On the way back, it was a little less awkward. Sehun was still shivering, howver. Tao reached up to his scarf.

"No, Tao, I honestly don't need it," Sehun protested. Tao shook his head and removed his scarf and tried to wrap it around Sehun's neck. The younger boy wriggled from his grasp, however. 

Tao grabbed hsi wrists and slammed the boy against a tree.

"Oh Sehun, are you ing cold?" Tao asked, completely serious.

"Y-yes, I'm cold, goddammit," Sehun finally sputtered after getting over the shock by Tao's sudden movement.

Tao started to wrap the scarf around his neck carefully, like he was a porcelain doll. 

"Come on, let's walk back," Tao said, grabbing Sehun's hand and pulling him along.

Sehun stared down at their hand laced together. It was warming, to his hands, and his heart. He felt his heart start to pick up pace and do a little tap dance in his chest.

"Tao?" Sehun asked.

"Yes, hyung?" Tao replied.

"What were you going to say before? When you cut yourself off when you were yelling at me?"

Tao stopped and stared at Sehun. "I told you not to worry about that," he muttered. "Do you really want to know? It might frighten you."

"I want to know. I might be able to... help you." Sehun hoped Tao was picking up the hints he was dropping.

"Fall for you."

"What?"

"That was what I was going to say. Fall for you. Stupid enough to fall for yo," Tao said, blushing and looking away. 

Sehun stared at the ground for a few steps before reaching up, taking Tao's head in his hands and pressing their lips together. 

He tasted like sweetness and warmth.

"Stupid enough to fall for me, eh? Guess we're in the same boat." Tao giggled and kissed Sehun's cheek. 

"I love you, Sehun. I'll keep you warm," Tao said.

"I love you too," Sehun replied, smiling. 

When Baekhyun and the others teased them, he didn't care as much. Sehun was warm with Tao by his side.