Involved

Involved

A/N: I own nothing but the fic.


At times, powers bestowed upon us are blessings, making life a joy.  However, for some, powers blessed within them are anything but a blessing. 

For Sungmin, the power he was born with was nothing but a curse, a power which brought him nothing but pain and tears.

~

At the age of 5, he glared at the kid seated across him.  Instead of crying at having his beloved pack of crayon snatched away from him, Sungmin allowed the anger to reign within him as he stared at Donghae, who was holding onto his packet of crayons.

The next thing he knew, the smile was gone from Donghae’s face as the 5 Year old fell sideward onto the floor.  Donghae laid on the floor, shock written on his face and his body frozen.  The kids started screaming as Teacher Teuk rushed to Donghae’s side and cried for him to wake up.  Teacher Teuk looked around the class before his eyes came to rest upon Min.  He picked up the child and rushed out.  Min made to follow but was stopped by the assistant teacher.

Min sat in his seat, staring at the empty chair when he heard someone calling his name.  He looked up and saw his mom.  He smiled at her, a smile which was not returned.  Instead, she grabbed him by the arm and hurriedly dragged him out of the room.  His questions of “Where are we going” bounced off her.  She finally stopped and Min looked at his surrounding.

He was in a room, surrounded by white and a funny smell.  He looked at the various beds in the room before his eyes came to rest on a certain bed, on which Donghae was lying, still frozen.  Min moved closer to his mom when he was greeted by a sharp pain at his elbow.  He cried out but his cries were ignored by his Mom who pricked him with the syringe and drew out blood from him.  Min stared through tear-filled eyes as his mom took the syringe and walked over to Donghae’s bed.  He looked on as his mom emptied the blood from the syringe onto Donghae’s face.  Min gasped in horror as the blood disappeared from Donghae’s face and Donghae opened his eyes.  Just as various questions ran through his mind, his mom placed her hand on his head and Min was greeted with darkness.

Min went to school the next day.  When he sat down, Donghae looked up at him and asked, “Who are you?”

~

“Never get angry Sungmin.  You have to control your anger.  Even if you get angry, never look at the person in the eye.  If you do, they would freeze and become a lifeless body, a living body without a heartbeat.”

~

Sungmin stayed rooted in his spot as he watched the couple in the office cabin.  He remained frozen as he saw his husband with his arms and lips on another.  He stood there, eyes fixed on Kyuhyun and the other man, not even flinching when the crushed can in his hand dug deep into his palm, allowing the blood to flow freely.

When the couple fell onto the couch, bodies stuck to each other, Sungmin turned around and looked at the wedding ring on his finger.  He stared at the glittering band on his finger before yanking it out and throwing it onto the floor where it landed into the pool of his blood.

~

“I am not going to be by your side any longer Sungmin.  You are now a big boy.  My baby is now big and he can look after himself.  I don’t want to leave you but Mom’s time on Earth has come to an end and I have to leave just like how Dad left.  Promise me Sungmin that you would always control your anger.  Promise me.”

“I promise mom.”

~

Sungmin walked into the house and plopped onto the couch.  He held his head in his hands as his mind played the memories of the past.

The first time he and Kyuhyun met- They had been hurrying in opposite directions when they bumped into each other and hit their heads.  They hurriedly apologized before rushing off to their class.

The moment they confessed- They had gotten to know each other after their first interaction, being together in many classes.  Sungmin knew that his feelings for Kyuhyun had grown past the stage of friendship.  To control his feelings, he started distancing himself from the other.  This action of his caused Kyuhyun to drag him out to the School Garden, where upon Kyuhyun’s questioning, Sungmin blurted out his feelings and his happiness knew no limit when Kyuhyun told him about his own feelings towards him.

The numerous first times he experienced- the electricity running through him when their hands brushed, the joy he felt when they held hands for the first time, the happiness surrounding him when Kyuhyun kissed on his forehead as well as the fireworks that went off when their lips moulded together perfectly.

He recalled the moment when Kyuhyun popped the marriage question to him.  He remembered the rainbows of emotions he felt when they submitted themselves to each other on their wedding night, when they bore all of themselves to the other.

Sungmin snapped out of his reverie as he recalled the image he saw earlier.  He felt anger boiling within him as he recalled his husband, with another in his arm, as the memory of his husband submitting himself to another, surfaced and flashed before his eyes.

Sungmin closed his eyes and threw his head back, resting it on the head of the couch.  He stayed in that position as minutes and hours ticked by.

~

Kyuhyun walked out of his office, a smile on his face.  The smile faltered when he saw a ring on the floor.  Squatting, Kyuhyun picked up the ring, stained with blood.  He felt his body freeze as he recognized the ring.  He recognized the ring to be that of his husband.

~

Kyuhyun cautiously stepped into the house.  He switched on the light and almost shrieked in fear when he saw Sungmin on the couch.  Sungmin opened his eyes and looked at the ceiling before sitting up and lowering his head to look at the carpet.

Kyuhyun walked over to him, shivering as he took each step towards his husband.

“Sungmin.  I” Kyuhyun started but immediately closed his mouth when he saw that Sungmin was not paying any heed to him.  Numerous feelings ran within him as he looked at his husband.

“Min.  Please Sungmin, I can explain.  I know that it was stupid but I…. I don’t know what happened but.  Min, please look at me baby.”  Kyuhyun begged but Sungmin did not move.  “Min.  I know you are angry.  I know that you are frustrated but please hear me out.  Please Min, just listen to me.  Look at me.  Look at me Min.”

When Sungmin still did not move, anger and desperation crept into Kyuhyun.  He walked over and grabbed Sungmin’s cheek, forcing the latter to look at him.  The moment they made eye contact, Kyuhyun froze; his hold on Sungmin was loosened as he fell to the ground.

Sungmin sobbed as he looked at Kyuhyun through his tear filled eyes.  His hands trembled as he saw his husband lying on the floor, lifeless.

~

“The only way you can bring them back to life is by dropping your blood on their face.  However, there is a consequence.  When you drop the blood on their face, your existence would be wiped off from their memory. 

Remember Sungmin, the amount of blood needed depends on how angry and furious you are.  You must not get very angry or it may even cost you your life.”

~

Ages passed before Sungmin slowly got up and squatted down beside Kyuhyun.  Sungmin brought his hand to touch the ice cold cheeks of his husband.  He looked at him, lying on the floor as if he was sleeping.

Sungmin closed his eyes as he ran his hand all over Kyuhyun’s face, tracing his features.  Opening his eyes, Sungmin looked down at Kyuhyun and started crying again.  He loved Kyuhyun.  Despite the fact that Kyuhyun had cheated on him, he still loved his husband.  Sungmin was clear on what he had to do.  How could he live without Kyuhyun in his life?  How could he live with the guilt of having killed his own beloved?

Sungmin turned his wrist and looked at the veins.  He looked at the carriageway of blood before looking at Kyuhyun.  How could he live without Kyuhyun remembering him?  How could he live, having a void within him?

Sungmin stayed in his position as various emotions ran freely within him.  There was care and concern for the other human being.  There was anger at the fact that Kyuhyun had cheated on him.  There was unhappiness at the fact that he was going to waste blood for someone who now loved another.  But there was a certain emotion which was making its presence greater by the second- Love.  Love for his husband.

Closing his eyes, Sungmin took a deep breath.  He opened his eyes, got up, walked over to the kitchen and grabbed the knife.  He returned to Kyuhyun’s side and allowed the knife to mark its path.  He brought his hand above Kyuhyun and watched as the blood dripped onto Kyuhyun’s face before disappearing.  Sungmin sat there, unmoving as Kyuhyun blinked around before getting up.

“Who are you?” Kyuhyun asked.  Those were the last words Sungmin heard before breathlessness and darkness took over him.  Sungmin fell back, his hands by his side, as his blood continued flowing freely from his wrist.

~

He sniffed.

He sobbed.

He wiped his nose.

He allowed the pool of tears to flow freely.  He brought his hand to wipe the tears.  But the pools of tears were unending, running without any intention of stopping.

The door opened and the younger walked in.  He looked at the other occupant of the room and froze: His roommate was crying.

“Sungmin?”  Kyuhyun squeaked out.  Sungmin’s tears were his weakness.  His knees would tremble at the sight of them and his genius mind would run away, leaving him clueless.  “Sungmin, why are you crying?” Kyuhyun questioned as he closed the door and slowly made his way towards Sungmin’s bedside.

Sungmin looked up, wiped away his tears and glared at the younger.

“Min?”

“Don’t you dare Min me after cheating on me you .” Sungmin spat out, his teary eyes now burning in anger.  Kyuhyun’s jaw dropped open as he processed the words spoken out by his beloved bunny.

“I…  What?”  Kyuhyun spluttered as he sat beside Sungmin.

“You cheated on me, forgot about me and caused me to die.”  Sungmin accused before breaking down.  “How could you Kyu?  How could you?  I love you so much and you…”  Sungmin sobbed.

Kyuhyun was once again frozen at the sight of his lover’s tears, which started flowing freely.  He tore his gaze away from the tears and looked around him.  His eyes came to rest on Sungmin’s pink laptop.  Inching slowly, he took the laptop and looked at the page – A Fan fiction.  Kyuhyun read it.

“ of a writer.”  He cursed under his breath as he shut the lid of the laptop and placed it on the bed.  He turned his attention back to his lover who was still sobbing away.  Enveloping the other in a one arm hug, Kyuhyun pulled Sungmin closer to him as he brought one of his hand to caress the other’s chubby cheeks.  Wiping away the tears, Kyuhyun turned and planted a peck on Sungmin’s forehead.

“That is just a stupid story Sungmin.  Nothing but the imagination of the writer, with our names for the characters.  I didn’t cheat on you Min.  How could I ever do that?”

“But… but….”

“Moreover, you are alive now, aren’t you?” Sungmin slowly nodded, realization sinking in.  “I am sorry Kyu.” Sungmin pouted as he looked up at the other. “I allowed myself to get involved in something as stupid as fan fiction and I got carried away.”

Kyuhyun chuckled at his lover as he leaned down to capture his lips.  “You could make up to me you know.  Make up by showing me exactly how we submitted ourselves to each other.”  Kyu teased his blushing lover.

-END-