Rings

Rings

Rings

 

Genre: Romantic, Oneshot

Rating: G

Synopsis: A legend about rings in a high school  

 

Disclaimer:

1. Sorry for any grammatical error, english is not my primary language.

2. This is YongSeo fanfic, solely my own imagination.


#

 

 

It's spring again in CS High School. It indicated a new term that was going to start. New classes, new subjects for existing students who now became 'Sunbae'. New classes, new subjects and, importantly, new school for new students who had just passed entrance examination and now they were new 'Hoobae'. Happy tears had just wiped away and replaced by excitement smiles.

 

Right now, the first day, the 'Hoobae' walked into school gate quite nervously as there were many of 'Sunbae' were observing them. One by one they were piled into the main sport hall where would also make use as conventional hall. Both teacher and 'Sunbae' helped them find their seats and when everyone were ready. The new semester ceremony began.


 

#

 

"Do you know that here we have an amazing tradition between Sunbaes and Hoobaes." A girl said to her friend who sat beside her.

 

"I know! That's the reason why I chose this school in the first place." Her friend answered enthusiastically.

 

"Me too, me too, and I'm wondering who my Sunbae-nim are."

 

"Yea, it's wonderful, right? Oh, how I wish to have two handsome Sunbae-nim."

 

"Don't be greedy. I wish to have one warm-heart Sunbae-nim, one rich Sunbae-nim."

 

The girl glared to her friend. "And you talked about not greedy."

 

"Shuuuuuussh." A teacher, who had walked passing by, scolded to that noisy duo.

 

The red-rimmed eyeglasses girl who sat another side of the girl spared a single breath glance to the ruckus then shook her head a bit. When everything became quiet excepting only the voice of school principal's speech, she then enjoyed her solitude.


 

#

 

 

"Hey, Yonghwa, have you seen your new Hoobae yet?"

 

"Nope. I slept in this morning. I didn't even join the ceremony because I was punished outside the hall."

 

"Perhaps, punishment outside might be enjoyable than Principal's speech inside. I felt like I was being punished by sitting on that hard chair for 3 hours long. My is numb."

 

"Jungshin! I know your is numb, you don't have to show it to me." Yonghwa said while putting his precious sneaker on his friend's numb .

 

"Ah, well, I thought you might want to feel it." Jungshin said while soothing his by his hand.

 

Jonghyun who sat there quietly for the whole time just shook his head, amused by his friends' childishness. "So, are you guy ready for our new Hoobae?"

 

"Well, it's actually not much to do, right? Only waiting that if there's a girl or a boy, then we go to buy it." Minhyuk said nonchalantly.

 

Yonghwa starred with his friend for a moment then yelled. "You're no romantic!"

 

"Who am I going to be romantic with? Aish!" Minhyuk yelled back.

 

"Chill, chill, guys.. it can't help that if Minhyuk here got himself a boy-Hoobae and made him moody all of morning." Jungshin explained.

 

"And where fairness is in this world!" Minhyuk continued his rants. "My Sunbae-nim, he is the newest prince in the Senior Ball. My Hoobae in second year is the popular basketball player in the school, then I put all my hope in this new Hoobae of mine. I planned to have welcome party just for HER. Have you heard me? I mean HER. Then, when I looked at the board this morning and I found that who going to share my ID is actually a BOY's name." He stopped to take a breath. "It's decided, I'll resign from this school!"

 

"Ho, chill, chill, Minhyuk, rather quitting you can put your repressive effort to my new Hoobae. She's a girl, a pretty girl actually. I saw her this morning."

 

"And don't you want to take care of her?" Minhyuk asked Jonghyun dubiously.

 

"Nah, well, when you only have sisters in your family it's kindda missing boy-figure, you know?"

 

"You said, so that we'll jealous of your lucky, right?" Yonghwa grumbled.

 

"No. Really. It's kindda awkward when I'm among my Sunbae-nims who are all females, and now I'm getting a new little girl-Hoobae." Jonghyun sighed. "I want a new little brother to play with."

 

"You sounded like a grumpy 4-year-old boy who his mommy just delivered a little girl baby."

 

"It's kindda the same, I guess."

 

"Anyway, what's your new Hoobae's name?" Minhyuk asked.

 

"Jung Soo-jung, cute name, isn't it? Anyway, what's about yours, Jungshin?"

 

"A guy, end of story."

 

Three of them saw Jungshin's fretful expression then bursted into laughing. "Oh, jeeeeeze, why are you guys laughing? It's a sad story. Minhyuk, you have to understand me the most and why you're laughing." The tallest boy among the group was pulling his hair and grumpy about his fate.

 

"So, we don't know only Yonghwa's new Hoobae. Who's gonna be?" Jonghyun wondered.

 

"We can solve this misery by looking at the board, right? Everyone, let's go!" It was Jungshin who had his hope up with Yonghwa's in place of his.

 

"Right! Let's see if Yonghwa has his lucky or not." It was Minhyuk who still hold a grudge at his fate.

 

"Let's find out if Yonghwa's would be prettier than mine or not." It was Jonghyun who had all females in his family and still felt proud of his luck.

 

"I want to know, too, after listening to all of yours. Who's she? Hope it's a 'she'." Then all four boys walked from their resting place to the front school where the board that displayed all students' name, ID and class was placed.


 

#


 

"Wow, a girl." Minhyuk said in excited-plus-envious tone.

 

"Oh, hope she's pretty." Jungshin was already dreaming.

 

"Wish she's cute like my Hoobae." Jonghyun said smiling.

 

Yonghwa who stood in front of the board, his finger touched on the name whose shared his ID, it said 'Seo Juhyun'.


 

#


 

"You don't know about this tradition in our school, Juhyun!" Sunny said and pouted at the same time if it's possible. "Why did you choose this school in the first place if you don't know about the tradition?"

 

"Hmm, because it's the best school in the district and ratio of students who passed university entrance examination is high?" Juhyun answered.

 

"No! That's definitely a wrong answer." Tiffany chimed in.

 

"So, what's it? I also heard something about this during school open ceremony and I say it's not good to talk during Principal's speech."

 

"You're too serious." Sunny said and pouted again.

 

"Let's enlighten her." Tiffany said. "It's tradition in our school. Our ID is composite with year, program id, and student id, right? So, we shared the student ID with one of second year and one of third year. It's so called family. Sunbae in second and third year have to take care of the youngest one. And the most romantic thing is, it's tradition that third year Sunbae will give a school ring to the youngest and, as the legend said, the ring had made the Sunbae and the Hoobae fall in love with each other and it became couple rings at the end. How's romantic!" Tiffany said with her dreamy eyes.

 

"Hmm, so we have to wear that ring? I don't like to wear any accessory." Juhyun responded.

 

"It's not a rule, it's up to you if you want to wear it daily or not."

 

"Ok. What's else?"

 

"Juhyun! don't you have any excited response? It's so romantic."

 

"Hmm, well, I don't know. For now, I think I want to survey the library, have you visited the library yet?"

 

"Juhyun!!!" The duo screamed at the same time.


 

#

 

"That's one, that's one." Yonghwa whispered.

 

"Which's one? Which's one?" The trio whispered back.

 

"That's one with red-rimmed eyeglasses and pony hair, oh, she's cute." Yonghwa said while trying to point the girl stealthily.

 

"But she look serious." Jungshin commented.

 

Yonghwa hit Jungshin on the head. "Do not gossip my Hoobae."

 

"Ohh." Jungshin caressed his head. "Hey, but, you yourself have just talked about her."

 

"But, I praised her, didn't I? I said she's cute."

 

"And that's not gossipping?"

 

"Nope." Yonghwa insisted.

 

"She looked both cute and serious." Mister Minhyuk Congeniality said. "And, hmm, is she going to library?"

 

"That's right. How about I introduce myself there?" Yonghwa openly stared after the girl's back.

 

"Good idea." His friends agreed.

 

"Let's have a plan first."


 

#


 

It's been evening already when Seo Juhyun thought about going home. Being among books was her favorite time and she often forgot how long she spent reading. With a borrowed book in her bag, she's happily collect her things and prepared to go home.

 

However, once she's at the front door she found four boys standing there. They're all staring playfully at her and it made her nervous. 'What's it?' She thought. 'A bully?'

 

Since Juhyun was the type who prefered peace to violence, she kept her head low trying to walk through that four boys; however, unfortunately, no, she couldn't. They're blocking her way.

 

When she couldn't ignore it, she faced it head on. "What's it?" She asked aloud.

 

A boy with charming smile raised his hands in surrender gesture and said. "Well, no, no, we didn't have any bad intention. We just want to introduce ourselves. We're third year."

 

Juhyun thought of story her friend told her during lunch and asked. "So, one of you is my ID Sunbae?"

 

The boy clapped his hand. "Yes, that's right. You're genius as I guessed."

 

"Ah, anyonghaseso." She bowed deeply to them. "I'm Seo Juhyun. Nice to meet you."

 

"And you have a good manner." He praised her like a proud father.

 

"Kamsahanida." She scanned all four of them. "But, who's my Sunbae-nim?"

 

"And you're direct and straight." He still kept praising her.

 

"Stop it." The tallest one scolded him. "How about you guessing who's your Sunbae?" He turned to talk to the girl.

 

"Well, okay. But how?"

 

"We'll turn our back to you, then you'll tap on shoulder of one you think he's your Sunbae."

 

"Ok."

 

Four of them turned their back to her and waited. She thought a bit, but it's pretty obvious, wasn't it? About the guy with charming smile who approached her first and explained what they're all about. Even now that they stood there's a little space between him and his friends like a hint for her.

 

So, without hesitation, she walked to him and tapped on his shoulder. 'Oh, I like his smile anyway.' Juhyun thought to herself.

 

When he turned to her and gave her shy smile. Her heart became a little flustered. Then he said. "Nice to meet you, too. I'm third year, Jung Yonghwa. Welcome to CS High and to this family."


 

#


 

At the ice cream shop where Yonghwa forcefully brought Juhyun to so that they could knew each other better, he found the fact that his new Hoobae didn't talk much. She's sometimes stiff and naive to his joke; but, he still thought she's cute.

 

"Our family, it's only you and me. The second year, his name is Hongki, he's nice and we got along really fine. However, he and his family moved to USA just recently. So, it's only I who will take care of you."

 

She stared at him for a moment then said. "Ok."

 

"Normally, there'll be a little party for all three of us so that we'll get to know each other better. But since I have more budget to take care of you, thanks to Hongki, how about I treat you lunch everyday."

 

"Sunbae-nim, it would be a trouble for you."

 

"But I'm glad to."

 

"But it would be too much. I don't want to trouble you that much. That you treat me this ice cream is enough."

 

"But I'm your Sunbae."

 

"But I don't want to make it's hard for you."

 

Yonghwa stared at his new Hoobae for a while and bursted into laughing. "Oh, you're stubborn. I see, I see. How about we compromise? If we have lunch together once a week, and you let me treat you once in a while."

 

"Hmm."

 

"It's my duty to take care of my Hoobae."

 

Juhyun stared at him for a while and saw his determination so she nodded.

 

"That's settle then. So, tomorrow I'll pick you up at your class after school."

 

"What? You only said about lunch."

 

"Yes, previously that's about lunch. But now it's about the school ring."

 

"Oh, ring."

 

"Yep, tomorrow we'll pick up the school ring together."


Since it's tradition and Juhyun didn't know how to react to it, she just simply said. "De."

 

# Continue Here #

(Author Note: sorry for inconvenience, I'd like to count number of reader in one place. So please finish this oneshot at my home site.)