Odd Compatibility

Always pick what’s right…right?

It’s been two weeks since Changmin moved in. So far, Changmin’s still familiarizing himself with his new surroundings so his hyung doesn’t bombard him with long hours of practice just yet.

YeonSeo is still getting used to having a roommate. The empty space seemed big for YeonSeo before but with Changmin's presence now it feels slightly smaller, as if she can’t escape him whenever he’s in.

There was one incident that made YeonSeo flush. It happened a few days ago...

YeonSeo was making breakfast for her and Changmin, a chore that she didn’t mind doing. She turned around to get something from the fridge when she saw that he was already standing in front of it…with no shirt on. He was chugging down his bottle of water and so he didn’t notice YeonSeo. She stopped in her tracks and maneuvered to the side, pretending that she didn’t mind or notice.

She blushed at the scene but scolded herself for reacting that way. She’s not a prude nor a nun but that sight is something that she isn’t used to.

‘Well there is no ‘don’t walk without a shirt on’ rule in the house so I guess if that what makes him comfortable?’

 

It's actually during their meals together when YeonSeo and Changmin get to know each other. 

 

“Oh, you don’t eat the egg yolk?” Changmin asked when he noticed YeonSeo cutting around the side of her sunny side up.

“I only like to poke it a bit to spread thinly on my egg white but yeah I don’t like it. Peculiar, huh?” YeonSeo has always had this strange habit growing up.

“Not really. Check my plate out, I only eat the egg yolks. Want to trade?” Changmin never met a girl like her before. They exchanged their food and talked about the other ingredients that they don’t like that much, an example would be regarding pizza, YeonSeo doesn’t like anchovies and olives while Changmin doesn’t like pineapples, meaning they can always trade toppings. The two had an odd food compatibility.

“Hey you know what? Since we both like different specialties in food then we’ll never fight over the last piece of something.” Changmin brought up with an amused expression.

“Yeah funny, isn’t it? It’s like we can always eat together forever with no problems.” YeonSeo agreed with him.

“Didn’t know you were already thinking of a forever with me.” He teases her slip of words, which makes Yeonseo just roll her eyes at him.

He’s a charming man that subtly flirts…which she isn’t rejecting. She kind of welcomes that since it’s been quite some time since she broke up with her last man. His attention gives her some bubbly feelings but she won’t admit that to him of couse

Changmin shows interest in her but he isn’t looking to settle down just yet as well…maybe just some ‘casual adult fun’, that is only if the feeling is mutual. He didn’t want to risk his living space for just a night of intimacy. 

 

But it seems that the temptation and the tension keeps on rising…and pretty fast.

 

Changmin just came home from practice and caught YeonSeo painting her nails on the couch while something was on her face.

“What’s that??” Changmin asked as he pointed to her face. He seemed a bit scandalized.

“It’s some mask moisturizer. Why are you looking at me like that?” She raised one of her eyebrows at him.

“It kind of looks like…never mind.” Changmin sniggered to himself. 

“Like what?” She asked curiously. Why the hell was he grinning like that?

“Hmmm…let’s just say I won’t say anything that will make you think I have an immature mind. Let’s just leave it like that.” Changmin hid his dirty thoughts behind a smirk.

YeonSeo stood up to look at the mirror in the living room to take a look at her face. ‘What is in his mind?’ The mask produced a somewhat semi-transparent sticky residue...what could he have mistaken it for? And then it clicked.

“Oh my gosh you !” YeonSeo figured that he probably saw the resemblance of the consistency on her face with the substance that men produce a.k.a .

Changmin laughed out loud while YeonSeo went to her room to get the product.

“Come here. Let me put it on you since you’re so amused.” She started taunting him.

“Yuck no!” Changmin immediately backed away from her and then the two started running around the unit. YeonSeo chased after Changmin, both giggling and teasing each other like kids.

Finally Changmin got tired and plopped down the couch while YeonSeo still played around with him. He still wrestled her arms, determined not to let her drop even just a pea size amount on his skin.

YeonSeo straddled Changmin hoping to win over his strength despite running out of breath. It was only when YeonSeo looked down on her lap that she realized that they were in a compromising positing.

 


 

Kind of a filler chapter. The 'getting-to-know' each other stage before things escalate ;)