Worldwide

Worldwide

Worldwide

 

"Goodbye, oppa," SoHyun said. "I'll miss you," L. Joe just stared at her. She was turning to leave when he realized that she was actually leaving. He wrapped his arms around her waist tightly.

"Don't go. Do you really have to leave?" he asked, tears forming in his eyes.

"It's not that I have to. I want to explore the world, oppa. How can I do that if I'm always in Korea?" she smiled faintly.

"Take me with you," he suddenly said.

"Oppa," she stared at him, surprised.

"Don't leave me alone, SoHyunnie. What if you don't come back?"

"How can I not come back, oppa?"

"Do you know how long you'll be gone?"

"No,"

"Then you might not come back. Who knows, you might suddenly decide to stay there forever. Without your boyfriend," he said, his tears finally escaping his eyes.

"I'll come back for you. I promise," she said. He let go of her waist and turned her around to look at him.

"I love you," he whispered, connecting his lips with hers for one last time before she left. She broke the kiss, finally letting her tears out.

"Go. If you stay, I might not be able to board that plane," she said to him.

"Goodbye, SoHyunnie," he said softly before turning to walk away. "I will wait for you," he added in a voice so quiet only he himself could hear.

 


 

SoHyun didn't know why she sent him that e-mail. And now she was regretting it. She looked at her laptop's screen again just in time to see L. Joe's reply come in.

'Oh. Is that so? Then... I won't disagree. Just remember that I love you,' she read his words over and over again, refusing to believe what she had just sent him and his reply.

'L. Joe, no, please... I didn't mean to send it. I don't want to break up,' she quickly typed and sent it. Yet there was no reply. She buried her head in her hands as tears rolled down her cheeks.

'Where are you?' SoHyun looked up when L. Joe replied after half an hour of crying.

'Tokyo,' she replied.

'Wait for me,'  he sent those three words.

 


 

When L. Joe logged onto his e-mail after arriving in Tokyo, he was surprised to see an e-mail from SoHyun.

'Oppa, mianhae. I'm in Beijing right now. I'm sorry I couldn't wait. My break only lasts for two years so I have to move fast if I want to explore the entire world in that time. Please forgive me,' he read.

"Aish..." he lied down on the bed, sighing. "Kwon SoHyun-ah, I miss you. I want to see you. Why can't you wait for me? Two years is a long time, you know. You could spend at least one week in each country. I can meet you within one week. Where will you go next?" He sighed and pulled his laptop towards him. Within a matter of minutes, he had booked a ticket on a flight to Beijing from Tokyo. "I'm doing everything I can just to see you, Kwon SoHyun. Why did you break up with me? What did I do that you suddenly want to break up? Am I not good enough for you? Do you not love me anymore?" He closed his eyes and a lone tear rolled down his cheek.

 


 

SoHyun felt really bad. He told her to wait for him but she left. She didn't want to face him, not after she broke up with him for no reason at all. She loved him. Why was she leaving? She remembered his words. Don't you even dare try to break up with me, Kwon SoHyun. If you do, I will find you. Even if you're on the other side of the world, I will still find you and take you back. Got it? Remembering what L. Joe said made her cry. He was really following her? Just to see her?

"Do you mean it, L. Joe? What you said about finding me even if I'm on the other side of the world?" she said softly. "How can you do that for someone who hurt you?" Thinking hard, she her laptop and sent an e-mail to L. Joe.

'Oppa, will you really find me even if I'm on the other side of the world? Did you mean what you said? Will you really do that for me? For someone who hurt you?' I asked him in an e-mail. Almost immediately, he replied.

'I'd do that for you because I love you. Even if you hurt me, I will always love you. But is it the same with you? Do you still feel the same?'

'Of course I do,' SoHyun expected him to ask her why he broke up.

'Then why did you break up with me? Am I not good enough for you?' she read his reply quietly. She couldn't believe he actually thought that way.

'I don't know why I told you that. But it's hard to have a long distance relationship. We'll just break up in the end anyway,'

'How are you so sure of that? Do you think I'm a player?'

'A-ani. But breaking up is always the result of a long distance relationship,'

'Not always,'

'I'll be gone for two years,'

'If I find you, you won't be gone. We won't struggle because of a long distance relationship because I'll stay by your side. I won't let you go. You're the only one for me,' he replied. Reading his reply made SoHyun cry. He really loved her. It was obvious. Now she just felt more guilty because she broke up with him.

'SoHyun?' L. Joe e-mailed after a while.

'Yah! Kwon SoHyun! Reply to me!'  L. Joe e-mailed to her when she didn't reply to him.

'Oppa... Mianhae,' SoHyun typed, tears streaming down her face.

'Why are you sorry?'

'I'm sorry for saying that I wanted to break up,'

'I want to hold you in my arms, SoHyun. So, please. Wait for me. Can you promise me that you can meet me in Paris? On my birthday?'

'I can't promise you something like that, oppa. Your birthday is just next week,'

'I traveled from Seoul to Tokyo to Beijing within a day just to see you, Kwon SoHyun. Where in the world are you right now?'

'Brazil,'

'I'm in Cambodia right now.'

‘Will you be able to meet me in Paris on your birthday?’

‘Of course I can,’

‘Promise?’

‘Don’t you trust me? Don’t you think I can meet you there?’

‘Your birthday is three days away,’

‘I only need that much time to travel,’

‘Just three days? Is that even possible?’

‘Anything’s possible if it’s for the one you love,’

‘Not everything you do is for the one you love,’

‘But for me, it is,’

‘I miss you, L. Joe,’

‘I’ve been waiting for you to say that,’

 


 

L. Joe paced around his hotel room nervously while waiting for SoHyun’s reply. Once she did, he literally ran to his laptop to read it.

‘Oppa, where should we meet?’

‘Eiffel tower? Can you go there?’

‘Ne. What time?’

‘Maybe, ten o’clock tonight. Is it alright with you?’

‘Of course,’

‘Great. See you. Wear something pretty,’

‘Wae?’

‘Don’t ask anything. Just do it,’

‘Okay, I guess,’

He laid down on his bed, smiling to himself. He couldn’t wait to see her. And better yet, do something he would never regret for the rest of his life. He put his hand in his pocket and immediately felt a small velvet box. He smiled yet again, thinking about what he was about to do that night.

 


 

SoHyun walked around. The view itself was already beautiful but the lights made it seem more… Beautiful and magical, in a way. She thought it was the most beautiful thing she had ever seen. Meeting L. Joe there made it even better. Meanwhile, L. Joe was looking for her, his heart pounding.

“L. Joe?” she called when she saw him. L. Joe turned around, surprised.

“SoHyun-ah,“ he said in a quiet voice. She smiled faintly and walked up to him. When she reached him, she put her arms around his neck.

“Mianhae,” she whispered.

“You don’t have to apologize. I know you didn’t mean to say that,” he told her. She pulled back. “And you look great tonight,”

“Thanks,” she said, her cheeks hot.

“Will you… Uh…” he said nervously, rubbing the back of his neck. “Let’s talk,”

“About?” she asked, confused. He took her hand and led her to a bench.

“I’ve been thinking… We’ve been in a relationship for a long time already,”

“And?”

“Let’s….”

“Cut to the chase,”

“Let’s get married,”

“M-mwoh?” she stared at him. “Oppa, you’re not serious,”

“I’m serious. Let’s get married,” he pulled the velvet box out of his coat pocket and opened it to reveal the ring. “Will you marry me, Kwon SoHyun?”

“Aren’t we a bit…”

“A bit what?”

“A bit too young for marriage?”

“Age is just a number,”

“Still…”

“You’re going to say no, are you?”

“No, I’m not. I mean, what kind of guy would come find me even if I’m on the other side of the world? How can I let that guy slip away? Of course I’ll marry you,”

“But you said… Never mind,” he sighed and carefully slipped the ring on her finger. “I love you,”

“I love you, too,” she said, blushing. He took her hand, not knowing what to do. SoHyun smiled at him and pulled him into a sweet kiss. “So you’re coming with me? For two years?”

“You don’t want me to?”

“I never said that,” she smiled. “How can I let you out of my sight after all that happened? I appreciate it, though,”

“What are you talking about?”

“Nothing,” she shook her head, still smiling.

“Me coming to find you shows how much I love you,”

“I know,”

“You do,”

“Why would you even try to find me if you didn’t love me?”

“Well…”

“Just shut up, arasseo? I want to enjoy the view in peace,”

“Ne,”