New Home

Host Family

 

[Author's Note]

On my other account (kissmerina) I marked this story as completed and asked people if they want a sequel, but here I will continue the story still as "Host Family" so I hope everyone would support me while I'm writing it xD

 




[Your POV]

 

The letter came two weeks ago saying that I got accepted into Seoul Uniwersity as scholarship student. It was always my dream to go to Korea and Study there and now my dream is going to come true. After I got the news there were so many things to do that I didn't even have time to see my friends for the last time, but we promised to keep in touch trough Skype and Facebook. They're really good friends and they're the same as me. They love everything about Korea and Korean Culture. And especially Kpop.

This two weeks were really hectic, because I didn't get a room in a school dorm and I needed to look for other ways to get accommodation, so that I won't be living under the bridge. But luckily I got a mail from one of the school stuff that I can stay with a host family till this one year of scholarship will end. It was really great news and actually because I was so happy I didn't get to ask for more informations about them. I just knew that someone will come and pick me up from airport. But, well...even though I don't know anything about them I will still get to know them when I'll arrive in Korea, so there's no need to worry.

 

---------------

 

Finally the D-Day has come and here I am. After 14 hours on the plane I finally arrived at Incheon Airport in South Korea. I was really nervous because it was my first time boarding a plane, but everything happened to be fine.

Now I just need to find someone with my name written on paper...As I was looking around I saw two people holding big signs with my name and a phrase: "Welcome to Korea" written on it. This two women,one looked really young and the other was older (probably mother and daughter), saw me and waved my way.  I automatically went to them and greeted them with a smile and a bow. They looked surprised but smiled and bowed too.

They were really good at English. I was surprised because I thought that I will need to speak only in Korean to them. Actually I'm not yet that good at Korean so it was a relief for me that they would understand me when I speak English.

But something was off. I just had a feeling that I know them, but from where? I asked if they ever went to_________(the place where you live), but they shaked their heads and said that they never went there. I was little confused, but we came to comclusion that maybe I saw somewhere people who just looked a little like them, that's why they feel familiar to me.

Maybe that was it. Maybe I really did saw some people who looked like them and just got it wrong. I decided to not think about it again.

 

After about 40 minute ride in a cab we arrived at their home. Ommoni and Unnie ( they told me to call them that) helped me with my bags and after everything was placed in the living room we sat down and drank some water. It's really hot here in Korea and it's not even a Summer. They are really nice people and I already feel at home. Ommoni told me to call her that because she also will think about me as her own child. It was really lovely of her and Unnie was really nice to me too. She showed me around the house and took me to my room which was better than the room I had in my own home. When we were bringing my bags to my new room I found out that there's also a Unnie's younger brother living here, and that he would be year older than me, but because he's busy with work he can't be here right now and that I will meet him tonight. Well if he's year older than me shouldn't he be studing and not working? But well, maybe that was his choice. I didn't ask more about him. I'll meet him tonight anyway.

It took a lot of time for me to unpack and even though Unnie was helping me we didn't finish till evening. It was a war to put everything that I had on their raightfull places. Unnie laughed a little when she saw my kpop albums and photos and asked if I like Kpop. I nodded and showed her my most tresured item which was U-kiss album "Collage". She looked surprised and I didn't know why. She was just smiling when she saw my other albums but got surprised when I showed her my U-kiss album. I don't get it. But when I wanted to ask her what was wrong someone knocked and soon the door opened and I saw a tall young Korean guy with brown hair and slim body standing in my room. My jaw dropped as he was still in his stage clothes from  "Standing Still". Unnie who was still sitting next to me saw my reaction and started to laugh. The guy in front of me looked at his sister confused. She just shaked her head telling him "Don't mind me" and punched my back, so that I would stop daydreaming. And well it helped, because as I felt the pain I knew that it wasn't a dream. I stood up, bowed a little and introduced myself:

- " Heeello. Myy.. name's _________. I... will be in youuur care from thiiis tiiime.. on."- I stuttered.

The guy smiled, bowed too and introduced himself:

-" Hi! I'm Sung Hyun, but my English name is Kevin so you can call me either way. Nice to meet you"

I nodded and shook his hand. As we still held hands Kevin looked at the pile of albums laying at the floor and asked me if I like Kpop. I nodded again as I couldn't bring myself to get the words out of my mouth.

-" Kevin-ah! She's a fan of U-kiss too"- Unnie blurted still sitting on the floor and giggling to herself. I felt that my face was starting to turn red. It's not that I'm ashamed of being a KISSME, but what will Kevin think about me now? What if he thinks that I'm some sort of crazy fangirl? Now I was afraid to look him in the eyes.

Unnie must've know what I was thinking, because she got up and patted my back.

-" Don't worry. No one will think that you're bad, because you're a fan."- she smiled at me.

Suddenly Ommoni opened the door and told the three of us to come eat dinner. She gave me this motherly smile, grabbed my hand and took me with her to dinning room. All this time I didn't look at Kevin's face so I didn't know what he was thinking.

 

[Kevin's POV]

 

Omma came and told us to go eat dinner and took the new girl with her. After what Noona said about being a KISSME, she turned red and didn't look at me. So cute.

I'm actually happy that she's a fan. It will be easier to talk to her and introduce her to members when they will come here.

 

As we ate dinner she smiled when she was talking with Omma and Noona, but didn't look at me even once. I got a little irritated but then she took a small glance at me and turned her head as she got embarrased again. Her cheeks were really red. I laughed. I didn't mean to laugh at loud, but it just happened. Everyone looked my way.

-" What happened?"- Noona asked.

I just shook my head and told them that it was nothing. Then I looked again at________ and smiled. Noona must've seen that because she grinned too.

The rest of dinner was only about my Omma telling me and Noona to take good care of the new girl and that I should be a good older brother to her. She also told me to look for the members when they will come here the next time, so that the new girl would be comfortable around them. But this will be hard. Eli and Soohyun hyung are such players. I need to look out for them especially.

 

[Your POV]

 

I took a glance at Kevin before we were going back to our rooms. He was thinking about something and smiling. I just automatically smiled too...then he looked my way. I turned to look the other way again and decided to go to my room quickly, but before I could go into the room he grabed my hand and stopped me.

I looked at him confused and scared because I didn't know what he was about to say to me.

-" You don't have to get scared of me. I won't bite you"- said Kevin smiling.

His smile was so beautiful. Not that he normally is not beautiful, but when he smiles there's a light radiating from him.

I smiled lightly still confused as he still holding my hand pushed me inside my room. He wished me goodnight and went to his room which was just across mine.