Star piercings

Permanently inked

Jimin inhaled slowly and let his back rest on the still dewy grass before exhaling. Which was probably not a good idea at all since it was really chilly, many dark clouds had engulfed the sky and it was more than obvious that it was about to rain. But he didn’t care. He had been coming to the same spot in one almost abandoned park that was situated in the outskirts of Busan every day for the past week. He loved his parents a lot, but sometimes their constant words of advice and worried looks were too much for him and he needed some time alone with himself. But did he really have the right to complain? He did all of that to himself so he couldn’t really blame his parents that they were worried. He had just suddenly come back, saying that he needed a break from university after his exam session, although it was a lie. Exams never really tired him enough for him to need extra rest and his parents knew that, so they kept asking him questions, making sure that he was feeling alright.

Jimin was confused - at his actions, at his thoughts, at his decisions. He missed him every single day and he was embarrassed to admit how many times for the last month he had been on the verge of catching the train to Seoul just to see him. But something kept holding him back. He wasn’t hurt that Yoongi broke the promise. He was embarrassed of his behavior. For the longest time he was convinced that Yoongi was never going to see his drawings and when he realized he had seen them, his mind went blank and he stopped thinking rationally. He felt exposed, and what was more, he wasn’t ready to explain why he kept it a secret for so long.

It was cold, the sun had completely hid itself behind the angry looking clouds and Jimin felt the first drops of the upcoming rain slowly fall first on his cheek then forehead. Then he heard it again. The little voice that he had fought against for such a long time kept coming back in his head, whispering all those nasty and untrue things, trying to justify Jimin’s irrational behavior.

You aren’t good enough.

You think those drawings were worth something? You think you have talent? You’re nothing.

You should’ve left long ago.”

He never loved you, he just pitied you and your pathetic .”

“You aren’t good enough.”

The little voice that he thought he had won against years ago, the little voice that started slowly disappearing only after Yoongi came in his life, the little voice that made his parents worried countless of times, the little voice that had driven him almost insane – it kept going back. Because Yoongi was gone. Because there wasn’t anyone or anything that helped Jimin stay together and make him want to wake up in the morning, because that person was Yoongi and he deliberately walked away from him.

Maybe the drawings were just an excuse. Maybe he walked out because the voice started coming back long ago, ensuring him that he wasn’t good enough for Yoongi and he was only holding him down. That he was a bother.

He was scared. He had fought with self-insecurities for such a long time, but he was convinced that after Yoongi walked in his life and helped him see that he was worth living, the voice had gone away forever. Jimin became strong then and started living his life thinking and believing that he was worth it. And Yoongi was always there making sure he doesn’t back down, doing his best to convince him how much he was worth. It was just that moment of confusion and pure shock that caused all of that, caused the supposedly asleep voice to take over him again in a matter of seconds and make him leave. But he wasn’t going to fall back into old habits again. Yoongi saved him once and all Jimin had to do was apologize. He could win over the voice and show Yoongi a new Jimin, a Jimin that could made the voice go away by himself, a Jimin that needed Yoongi not as a saver, but as a human, as a lover, as a friend.

He let the rain soak through his clothes and got up. For the first time in a month the thoughts in his head weren’t all blurry and confusion was starting to clear. He knew what he was supposed to do. He ran to his house as fast as his legs allowed him to, leaving all insecurities, regrets, doubts and negativity behind and managed not to look back. His parents were really glad to see him smiling sincerely again.

--

 

He stopped in front of the apartment door, their apartment door, and took a deep breath. He had been depending on the newly found adrenaline in him to get him through the entire ride to Seoul, but just when he was the closest it was starting to wear off.

The key perfectly fit into the knob and unlocked the door with just one twist. He slowly walked inside expecting nothing and everything. Yoongi wasn’t there.

The familiar scent, rooms, messiness and overall atmosphere made him realize how much he actually missed the older and how nothing had really changed. Except for him.

He checked all of the rooms, the bathroom and Yoongi’s office a few times but he wasn’t there. It was already 9pm. He went to the balcony and looked outside, trying to spot a tiny figure and a light brown hair somewhere. But there was nobody and Jimin felt his chest sting. He thought that he was just getting what he deserved. He wondered if he screamed or cried would Yoongi hear him.

He searched around the rooms again and stopped in his lover’s office. The walls were empty, quite unusual for a photographer, and it was spotlessly clean. The purity and whiteness of the room described and fit Yoongi so well. Jimin felt his eyes beginning to burn and his breath was getting more and more wheezy. He mindlessly went to his desk and inspected the wood piece painted in white as if he was seeing it for the first time. It looked as if nobody ever used it, as if Yoongi didn’t exist and had never sat on this desk for hours trying to sort and pick the best of his photographs. But it wasn’t completely empty. There was one black frame in the center of it, in a very drastic contrast to the rest of the room. It was a picture of them on their first anniversary. Jimin felt his cheeks wet and his vision blurry.

He wanted to apologize, he wanted to scream that he was sorry and that he had changed.

But where was Yoongi?

Jimin wiped his tears, or tried to, and stared at the frame for a long time.

Click.

He didn’t hear that.

Click.

And the front door was unlocked for the second time tonight. Jimin realized he had been searching in the dark the entire time and his eyes didn’t work properly after the lights were . He didn’t move, nor tried to wipe his tears or turn away.

Nobody was saying anything.

Truth was, when Yoongi saw a pair of shoes he recognized so well he wanted to run inside. He missed Jimin a lot. Sure, he still blamed himself. But he knew he was going to come back.

Yoongi took few slow, but steady steps and walked directly to his office. He saw the ever so familiar figure scrunching over his desk and holding the photo he framed long time ago. He took another few steps, but still remained silent.

Jimin’s heart was beating dangerously fast. He was pretty sure it skipped a few beats when he felt two arms gently wrap around his neck.

Yoongi’s scent, Yoongi’s presence, Yoongi’s gentleness – it was all the same.

“Welcome back.”

And Jimin cried and held tightly onto Yoongi’s hands. The older didn’t stop whispering words that made him feel like the most appreciated person on Earth.

The voice never appeared again.

 

--

They were lying on the bed in a weird, but still comfortable position as if it was an usual Saturday afternoon, even though it was barely 8am the next morning. Jimin talked a lot, but also apologized a lot and he was met with a kiss on the nose or on the corner of his lips every time he did so.

After a while Yoongi turner around and felt Jimin’s fingers suddenly trace the spot behind his ear. He turned around to meet Jimin’s gaze, a worried and surely confused one.

“Hyung…” he murmured and buried his head in Yoongi’s chest, trying to calm down. He recognized his own drawing immediately. He wanted to ask so many question, he wanted to scold Yoongi and tell him that he is going to regret that, but he felt so impossibly happy that neither of that was said.

Yoongi laughed at his childish response and only threaded his fingers in Jimin’s hair.

“Because I love you. All of you, your past, your present, your flaws, your mistakes, your drawings. I won’t regret, I promise.” Yoongi whispered reassuringly.

“Hyung.”

“Hmm..?”

“I want to get piercings, star ones.”


A/N Hello! I actually never planned to do a continuation of the previous part and just leave it like that, expecting no one to even notice it, but I got some really sweet comments that asked for a sequel and I decided to do it, even though it took me a whole month ;u;

It probably has a lot of mistakes, even though i edited it around five times, but sorry about that ;; I hope it's not too disappointing and thank you for reading this ♥