Out of Earth beautiful

Permanently inked

A/N tl;dr this is a pointless short one-shot that lacks any kind of dialogue, revolving around how did Min Yoongi end up getting a tattoo
I'm sorry for mistakes ;; Also those are the piercings I had as a reference ~


Yoongi had his eyes closed the entire time the needle was working its way under his skin. No, it wasn’t because of some sudden wave of regret and he doubted there will ever be one, but he wanted to savour the feeling of seeing the finished product when it was all done. It wasn’t a big tattoo at all, in fact it perfectly fit in the little space behind his ear, where he chose to have his first permanently inked piece.

 All this was one sudden decision, he never planned to have a tattoo in the first place nor ever felt like he wanted one, but the second he saw the little drawing Jimin had surprisingly forgotten to throw away when he left, all types of rational thoughts left his mind and he just decided to do it. The little drawing was for him after all, even though he wasn’t supposed to know about it.

Looking back, it should’ve been a lot more obvious to Yoongi how much Jimin liked to draw, not just as a hobby. Jimin was really bad at hiding things from the older, so all of the attempts to conceal his secret hobby weren’t as effective as he was convinced they were. Sometimes Yoongi wondered why didn’t Jimin tell him, taking into consideration they hid nothing from each other, well most the time. But thinking further Yoongi realized that Jimin was surely thinking that he’s not good enough and that his drawings weren’t worth it. So he decided not to push it or get angry. Jimin was never really confident in anything and Yoongi couldn’t risk making him feel even worse by interrogating him. And besides, he needed to take one look at the sketches to become speechless and feel like the luckiest guy on the planet for having him near him, so for whatever reason Jimin didn’t want Yoongi to know he was going to respect that and wait.

All of Yoongi’s guesses were true, actually. Jimin never thought he was good or anything above average, but he liked spending most of his time outlining objects and doing rough sketches. Then he would get immersed into correcting and adding the smallest details, eraser being his best friend then, and proceed to use colors to make the drawing come to life. He may not be exceptional, but the feeling of satisfaction after seeing the end result always managed to make him feel somewhat positive.

He was convinced that he enjoyed drawing just about everything, but it would be a lie if he tried to deny the fact that the amount of pages on his sketchbook that were dedicated to everything about Min Yoongi were visibly a lot more. But he never really thought about it much. Every day something different about Yoongi would catch his eye and it won’t disappear from in front of his vision until he had it on paper. The shape of his eyes, the bridge of his nose, his cheekbones, the star shaped piercings that he liked wearing the most, even his philtrum. Jimin was free from doubt that Min Yoongi was just about out of Earth beautiful and that could probably justify his small obsession on documenting his flawless features on paper. Right?

Jimin never showed or told the older about his little hobby because he could easily imagine Yoongi scolding him for doing something so ‘ridiculous’ as wasting his paper for a person that he saw every day and the younger didn’t really want to hear that. He didn’t want to hear that Yoongi didn’t think he was worth being drawn. If he, sometime in the future, were to decide to show a drawing or two to the older he wanted to be sure that the paper version of him properly showed Yoongi’s alluring and elegant aspects.  He has known Yoongi for years, yet there was always something new, something interesting about him that made Jimin want to properly inspect and even see closer of. In conclusion, Jimin found that expressing himself with his sketchbook and pencils was the most comforting for him, especially after he found inspiration in someone that was an arm reach away. Yoongi didn’t find it all that bad that Jimin hid that from him.

 

 

But things happen and it’s pretty much impossible to always properly think before saying something. It slipped out of Yoongi’s mouth one day they were lazing on the couch, Yoongi’s legs thrown over Jimin’s while the latter was drawing random figures on the older’s stomach. It was their way of relaxing on a Saturday afternoon, neither of them led an extreme social life so they could afford to just do nothing, but be together. Yoongi was half dozing off, half trying to stay awake when he thought about the most recent drawing he found in the sketchbook.

“Should I get another star piercing? I didn’t know you like them that much.” Yoongi hummed and sadly it took him too much time to realize that Jimin never once told him that he liked those accessories, except on his secret canvas. The younger’s hand froze and he took a quiet, but still sharp breath. Yoongi wanted to punch himself right at the moment, but his mind was too busy looking for a decent excuse.

“I mean I think you like them, not that-“

“Hyung, did you see them?” Jimin interrupted him with a quiet voice, almost a whisper.

“Ah, see what?” Yoongi was terrible at acting.

“So you did.” Jimin didn’t sound angry or upset, at that time that is. But Yoongi knew that the silence that followed wasn’t a good one at all and he felt guilt rushing around his whole body.

“I’m sorry, I know I broke the promise. I didn’t mean to, but I was worried when at times you stayed in your room for hours without coming out and… and I wanted to make sure it wasn’t something serious so searched through your desk.”

‘The promise’ was an agreement they both mutually decided to follow when they started going out. They both had had many failed relationships before, so they agreed that it would be the best if they fully respected their privacy and didn’t meddle much in each other’s time for themselves. And it always worked. Jimin never really stopped Yoongi and his terrible timing to decide to go out and take photos of whatever, even if it meant a 3am night trip to the fields outside Seoul. It was reckless and dangerous and it could wait until the morning, but Yoongi was like this and he did whatever he wanted and Jimin respected that.

“What did you think? That I was secretly drugging myself?” Jimin tried to laugh it out but it was obvious that he was bothered. Yoongi said nothing, he didn’t even scold him for the inappropriate joke. He knew that he was breaking the rule but could never resist not see what was on Jimin’s mind, reflected on an A4 list.

 

Yoongi also didn’t say anything when Jimin told him that he was leaving. Honestly, he wanted to scream and plead, but it was all his fault. The younger threw away all of his drawings. Yoongi never fully understood why, but the one thing that he was sure about was that it was him who triggered him to do it. Jimin explained that he needed some time to think, to collect himself, to confront his feelings… the usual. Yoongi wanted to apologize, but he wasn’t quite sure for what. Was it wrong that he found it endlessly endearing how his lover paid so much attention to small details about him and found them worthy enough to transfer them on paper? That even after all of time they’ve been together Jimin still appreciated and loved all of Yoongi’s imperfections? But he knew he made Jimin feel ‘’ and exposed, stripped out of his little secret place where he could be with himself only and express himself in a way that only he could understand – through his drawings, paintings, sketches, even if most of those were about Yoongi.

 

Yoongi knew Jimin will come back. That’s why he let him go so he could come back to him without any doubts, any messed up thoughts and such similar. Giving the person you love some space and time for themselves was a lot better than trying to make things work artificially. Jimin was also sure he was going to come back and probably spend the rest of his Saturday afternoons in a weird position, tangled in the limbs of his beloved one. Maybe he was going to start drawing again or even ask Yoongi to pose for him, maybe he was going to be confident enough to even show the drawings to the older when they were done. If he could do that it meant that he was ready to show all of him to Yoongi, because after all they represented and showed all of Jimin’s most sincere feelings, ones that couldn’t really be properly put into words. Yoongi could handle that.

 

The miniature drawing Yoongi found on a small piece of paper in one of the drawers of Jimin’s desk just few days after he left. It was a simple really old-looking, non-digital camera, but drawn in a way that made it painfully obvious who had drawn it. It was a style Yoongi could never get wrong. It also had a small message scribbled on the side of it and it was probably that that made Yoongi want to have it permanently inked on his skin. It represented both his passion and the love of his life, so he didn’t think twice before going to the tattooist and proudly showing his choice. He hoped Jimin wouldn’t be too mad.