Chapter II

The Lost Deity
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

2: The Raid Pt. II

Part Two of the Raid

●●●

“You are a disgraceful knight. I had always wondered what my father saw in you,” the firebender snarled at the slumped figure before him. Prince Chanyeol then maneuvered his hands to produce a lethal ball of rock, surrounded by yellow solar flares that were a hundred degree Celsius.

He directed the attack to Baekhyun. The hot spheroid burned through his silver armor, scorching his skin at the same time in an excruciating way. He screamed in agony as the searing pain would not subside.

“I am not yet done with you but for now I must leave and do my duty in finding the princess,” Chanyeol stated as he dusted off his hands, proud of the work he had done.

“What do you want from her?” the knight that was severely burned managed to slip a question from his mouth.

Chanyeol was about to enter the throne room but was stopped from his tracks when Baekhyun asked him about their motives. He peered over at the man and plastered a sly grin on his face before saying, “Let’s just say that she won’t be the future queen of Xora.”

The latter then opened the door to the next room and was greeted by a flying table. He quickly ducked from it before asking, “What’s going on?”

His older brother, Kris, had this pissed off expression etched on his face while his younger brother, Sehun, was looking anxious as ever. He scoffed for a moment there, wondering why the king of Xero had sent his unhelpful younger brother in this perilous operation. The youngest prince was obviously too weak, unprepared and inexperienced in dueling in a combat, unlike Kris and himself who had trained for several years.

“This bastard won’t stop attacking us,” the eldest prince yelled in frustration, pointing at the knight who was pulling the strings.

Another table was thrown at Chanyeol but before it can hit him, he immediately incinerated the object, turning it into ember. Soon after, the fire manipulator shot a series of daggers made up of vermilion flames at the provoker. Luhan was able to shield himself from the attack by covering his figure with a large painting. However, the piece of art caught on fire and became useless. He tossed the burning object aside and left the premise in a flash, knowing very well that he was nothing against the phoenix.

“Well that was easy,” Chanyeol jeered at his two siblings who have not yet made any progress after leaving him to deal his battle with the lightbender. Sehun looked down in shame while Kris just kept on fuming with anger for being mocked by his egoistic brother, not like he was any different.

“Don’t get too cocky now my dear brother. We all know that I’m more powerful than you. I just chose not to show my abilities and boast,” the eldest reasoned out as he bored his gaze on the smiling fool.

“Don’t be a hypocrite. You’re no better than me,” Chanyeol scorned before mumbling at himself, “I always wondered who was older between us.” Kris however heard him clearly and punched him on his abdomen, earning a groan from him. “Never disrespect me. I'm still older than you,” the livid man sneered at his brother.

Chanyeol rubbed his stomach, easing the pain away, before patting the back of his older brother. “I was just kidding. Why do you have to be serious in everything?” he snickered and all Kris can do is glower at the imprudent boy.

The surviving Xeron soldiers made their way into the throne room, not failing to salute the three princes of Xero. More than half of the soldiers had made it and the princes were somehow impressed by their willpower and determination in winning.

“Search the castle grounds for the crown princess and report to us immediately if you found her,” Kris commanded before addind, "No harm must be done to her." The acquiescent soldiers quickly obeyed his bidding, spreading out like wild fire.

As soon as all the Xeron soldiers dispersed in all directions in order to find the coveted royalty, the three princes continued to explore the shambolic throne room. Their encounter with Luhan had turned the grand premise into a huge mess. The furniture, especially the tables and chairs, were all scattered around the room, broken and wrecked. Large expensive landscape art were either smashed into pieces or damaged beyond repair. However, the majestic throne was still standing with its fine glory at the center of the far end hall while a few paintings were left untouched and most of them were the portraits of the imperial family of Xora.

The vast throne room was decorated in cerulean and celadon hues. High ceiling windows were draped in sapphire curtains that were tied in gilt ropes. Elliptical arches and tall Corinthian columns ran across the room, bordering the forty feet walls of the premise. Each colossal pillar and arc had lengthy Wisteria and Honeysuckle vines wrapped around it. The floor was covered in vibrant jade grass and at the middle of the room was a stone pathway that led to the grand throne, which sat at the top of a ten stepped basalt platform. The throne was a high back chair made out of a deep dark oak finished with a red velvet cushion. Behind it was an enormous overgrown red maple tree that had its roots crawling down the platform. Crimson leaves covered the auburn branches while an array of gold florets blossomed around the tree.

As the trio approached the throne, they didn’t miss observing the unscathed portraits and tapestries that decked the walls. The last portrait was hung over the throne. It was a massive painting of the current royal family of Xora. The late King Wanyoung stood proudly with an air of prominence while his wife, the late Queen Hyunsook, was beside him, elegantly flaunting a turquoise gown with so much poise. In between them was their only daughter, the young Princess Suzy, who emanated an aura of innocence and charisma.

The princes had neve

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter