Nostalgia~ : Part 1

Admiration? Love? or Betrayal? ( EDITING; Semi-Hiatus )

= FLASHBACK : 7 years ago =

 


" Summer! SUMMER! C'mon! Join me for lunch for old times sake! I'd like you to meet some of my friends too~~~ "


 

Alex Jane Carter~ One of my foreign ( American ) and ONLY bestfriend that time when my parents were based in the United States~~

I had to go to this school in the meantime.. Alex and I were in different classes but our break times are the same~~


 

" I-I'm not sure dude~~~ You sure you want me to meet them?? "

 

" OF COURSE I DOOOO!~~ There's one Korean too so you won't have any problems with it~ " she smiled while pulling me..

 

" Keke. Alright alright~~~ " I finally agreed..


 

We approached a table of 3 - - - I was really shy that time.. Oh heck. We're only in the 3rd grade~~


Seeing Alex's other friends, I stood still - - too shy to say hello~ But they're quite familiar faces~~

 

 

" Summer~ These are my friends Kelly and - - Uhhh~ How do you say your Korean name again? ( chuckles ) "

 

" Jung Sooyeon.. People call me Jessica~ "

 


I can't speak a word~~ I dunno what struck me to just stand there and stare at this Korean girl~~

 


" Hey! Earth to Summer! You still know your name??? How many fingers am I holding up now?? " then Alex dramatically held up 3 fingers while her other hand was waving in front of my face..

 

" Oldest joke in the book Alex. You crack me up. " I said sarcastically with an am-I-supposed-to-laugh-now? face.. We laughed as I started to finally warm up..

 

" Wait~ You guys are familiar~~ - - - Do you guys happen to be the Duet Angels in the school choir? " I asked taking a seat in front of the two.. 

 

They looked at each other and nodded at me smiling..


" I KNEW IT! " I blurted.. After I realised I've made a total fool of myself, I cleared my throat..


" I'm Summer by the way~ " I shook hands with Kelly. - - - And to Jessica..

 

 

 

I knew it~~~ It was her!! I love her voice so much~~ I've always wanted to be her friend but I dunno how and where~~~ Oh gosh I feel so lucky! Thanks to Alex~~


Then from there.. I wanted to be a good friend for her~ There's a small catch - - Knowing that Jessica is VERY popular around school.. I wonder why she's always by herself~


The next day, I was with Alex in the cafeteria..

 

 

 

" Oh hey, where's Sooyeon? " I asked..

 

" She's still in our classroom~ She doesn't really go out that much~ " Kelly answered.. Jessica's neighbor, and of course, her duet partner.. She probably knows Jessica more than anyone else..

 

" Really? How come she came yesterday? "

 

" I pulled her. Lol. Hahaha. She agreed anyways but as a return of favor, I let her decide today~ " Alex answered..

 

 

After hearing that~ I ate for 10 minutes - - - Am I too obvious? Haha.

 

 

" Hey guys I gotta run~ I wanna do some homeworks. Hehe~ " I stood up and they just nodded..

 

 

I ran the halls because our lunch would only last for the next 20 minutes..

I stopped my running when I reached a door next to her classroom..

 

 

" I'm siiinging in the raaaain~~~ "

 

 

Ahhhhhhhhhh~~~ Soooooo heavenly~~~ :3

 

Being a huge pabo again~ I didn't know that the door was open and I was leaning on it.. So it opened inwards..


Jessica was a bit startled and saw me fall to the ground~~

 

 

" ( chuckles ) You okay Sooyoung-ah?? " Jessica rushed to help me up..

 

" Y-Yeah I'm okay. Hehehe. Clumsy me " I said scratching my nape smiling..

 

" If you say so~ ( smiles ) Uhhhh- - What were you doing there anyways??? " she asked..

 

" I-I was - - - U-Uuuuhhhh~~ I just lost my balance is all~~~ " I could've sworn my eyes were twitching that time. Haha.

 

" Haha. Be careful nextime okay? " she just smiled at me and I just nodded..

 

She sat back on her seat.. She was eating her packed lunch on her desk..

 

" Why eat here? Everyone's at the cafeteria~ " I said taking a random seat a few chairs from her..

 

" Exactly. " she turned to me..

 

" Huh? I-I don't get it~ "

 

" Like you said, EVERYONE is there in just one big hall.. - - - I like my own space~ "

 

" Ohhhh~ "

 

" - - - And I can hear myself for 30 minutes~ - - - Even my singing. Hehe "

 

" Haha. You've got a point there~ " I agreed..

 

" You don't have any friends? - - - A bestfriend maybe? " I was trying my luck.. No feels included okay?

 

" Well.. I don't have much friends.. Or a bestfriend.. I have always focused myself in studies and to our school choir. Hehe~ " she simply said..

 

" B-But, You and Kelly are so popular~ I always hear you guys in school masses and performances on stage - - How is that? " too much of a fangirl? Lol. I need to control myself..

 

" Yes but.. I'm not that sociable~ Kelly's humorous and smart.. - - And I'm.. Just me~ "

 

 

I accompanied her in just a few moments and I'm seeing her side already~

Quiet.. Smart.. And she always has this thing to sing out of nowhere that made my ears feel like in heaven for 5 seconds..

Jessica's so humble that she pleaded me not to praise her voice.. I don't really understand why but I'm just being an obedient friend..

 

 

And then the bell rang..

 

 

" I gotta go Jessica~ U-Uhhhh goodluck in your next class~ " I was already at the door.. Kelly and Alex might find out that I lied. Lol.

 

" You too Sooyoung-ah~ - - - A-And thank you for being here for lunch with me~~ " she was smiling like what a real angel would look like.. Captivating and charming..

 

 

That was such a good day~~

 

I was sure it was just a huge crush.. A.. A girl crush.. And I wanted to get close to her - - - Not because she's famous - - -  Not even because I kinda like her.. But I want to be her number one supporter.. That one friend who can always be there for her.. But in the following days, I fall deep.. I carry her bags every morning.. I buy her food everyday.. - - - We almost looked like a couple.. I dunno if she's just ignoring the whole thought of it but she was totally fine with everything..


There were also days that I wanted to touch her hand.. But she told me she doesn't like contact.. EVEN A HUG..

 

 

" But.. What if you really get emotional? How do you handle it?? " 

 

" Well.. Firstly, I take good care of my vocal chords.. If I get teary.. I try to get rid of them because my sinuses won't heal easy.. Then I can't sing.. " Jessica said looking at the sky.. We were waiting for her dad that time to pick her up..

 

" That's alot of work.. You really don't do hugs? " I looked at her..

 

" Hmmmm~ Actually.. If I want to hug someone.. I'd think of you~ " she was still smiling to the fading clouds.. She was so beautiful..

 

" Soooo. Does this mean I'm your bestfriend now? "

 

" Of course you are~ You're the only person that knows the real me~~ Thank you for being such a good friend.. You were always there for me.. My performances, you'd always cheer me on from the backstage.. - - No one's ever done that before~~ Thank you so much bestfriend~~~ " I think I triggered her because this was the first time she hugged me..

 

I held her in my arms tight~

 

 

* Thank you so much bestfriend *

That very sentence stopped me.. - - - I wished we could've gone farther.. But when I thought of it? - - - I had to be contented.. Surrouded by very - - - AND I MEAN VERY - - - Homophobic freaks, I wouldn't want her to go the same judges as I did my whole life.. Think of what it'll do to her singing? - - - It's her passion.. I can't ruin that for her..

 

 


 

= 6th GRADE =

 

 

 

" Jessi~~ " I caught her by the hallways..

 

" Oh hey~ Going somewhere? " she smiled..

 

" Nothing really~ I just wanna talk to you~ "

 

" Hehe. Sounds important~ What is it? " we walked to a nearby bench..

 

" As your bestfriend I would like to propose a lifetime promise~ "

 

" ( chuckles ) Alright~ And what would that be? - - Bestfriend? " she faced me.. - - - Man I still can't control my blushing! >^<

 

" Well~ I want you to promise me that if ever you a guy courts you, he would have to go through me~ "

" Sounds fair.. You too~ Make that promise too~~~ " she agreed..


 

I was about to repeat my promise in front of her when she stopped me..


 

" Oh wait. Are we going to do this the old fashioned way? "

 

" What do you mean??? "

 

" You know the saying ' Promises are meant to be broken ' right? "

 

" You believe in that? " I chuckled

 

" Wae? It happens doesn't it? " she does have a point..

 

" Alright then~ What do you want to do then? "

 

" Let's make this a Pinky Code.. ( raises her pinky ) I know it sounds stupid but I'd rather keep Pinky promises.. They're worth keeping for me~ "

 

" Promise Sica-ah.. " I smiled..

 

 

 

But actually.. I made that promise that day because I was supposed to let go of my feelings for her.. - - - No matter how hard I try, it doesn't go away.. With that promise, at least I would get to meet and approve the right guy for her right? Have I made the right decision?