Why?

Should We Just Give Up?

No one's POV

 

"Ya-ah! Kim Jonghyun! S-stop it!...N-no, st-stop!" Key screamed between his uncontrolable giggles. They were lying on the chouch, Jonghyun hovering over the younger. First they had been only watching TV, but then Key had started to make fun of some picture of Jonghyun which he had found from internet. And that caused the elder to get annoyed, and do what the other hated the most. Tickle him.

"No...I'm not going to stop before you beg for forgiveness!" Jonghyun threatened, making Key's eyes widen in shock. Jonghyun knew that it was kinda risky to say something like that, but he just loved teasing his lover like that. The feline boy just shook his head, a serious expression taking over his face, but then quickly replaced with a new load of loud giggles when Jonghyun attacked his sides, tikcling him unstoppably.

"I-..ah..I'm not...going to...beg anything f-from yo-...you, stupid di-dino!" the younger said while laughing. He seriously couldn't let go of his pride. That was just already too much, and he made an mental promise to kill the other at the very second when he would finally stop tickling him.

"Aww really?" Jonghyun said, acting dissapointed. "But you always beg from me...like last night.." he grinned when the younger's eyes widened even more and his face turned to bright red color.

"Yah you ert!...o-okay okay!...I-...I wil...j-just s-stop it!" Key finally gave in when he was already exhausted from all the laughing and wriggling. He just desperately wanted it to stop. But Jonghyun didn't do anything related to stop what he was doing.

"You have to say it first kitty" he stated, an evil smirk spreading on his face. Key blushed even more, his face now dark red. He stayed quiet for a while, sometimes cute little giggles succesfully leaving from his lips.

"I...p-please Jjong...please stop..I..I beg you" he said with a small, embarrassed voice, hardly even hearable. JOnghyun could still hear it, and he stopped tickling the other, but didn't lift his body away from him.

"What now? I begged you didn't you hear? Now get the off!" the feline boy nagged, trying to push the older male away, but because he was a lot weaker than him, of course he didn't get him to move. Key was starting to get really annoyed.

"And what did I say about that kitty thing!? I told you not to call me that don't you remember!?" he snapped, glaring at the elder above him. Their faces were only inche away from each other when Key finally noticed what the other was doing.

"J-Jjong.." he whispered with an unsure voice, placing his hands on the others chest. Jonghyun didn't say anything, he only leaned closer, their lips finally touching. First it was a really sweet, slow kiss, and it didn't last long, sonce only after a short while, the elder pulled away. Key opened his eyes which he had closed and looked at the other confusedly. When Jonghyun only smiled at him, the younger sighed annoyedly and grapped the elder by the back of his neck, leading him dwon for another kiss. This time it was different. It wasn't so innocent anymore, not at all.When their kiss was getting more sloppy, and the feline boy had started to tug the others shirt off, they were suddenly stopped by angry voice yelling at them.

"YAH!! Can't you get a room please?" Minho yelled, seemingly annoyed that his hyungs were bearly making love on the couch where everyone could see. "Seriously guys! This is the third time I stop you from doing this!"

Key and Jonghyun pulled away from each other, sitting up both chuckling amused. They thought it was really fun when Minho reacted like that. They were still kinda angry that they were stopped just when it had even started.

"Minho you're such a you know that?" Key sighed and curled up, leaning on Jonghyun chest, the latter wrapping his arms around him and resting his chin on the others shoulder. Minho rolled his eyes but didn't answer. They all knew that it was useless fighting over something like that but sometimes you just can't avoid it either.

"What are you talking about?" Taemin chirped while sitting on Minho's lap who had seated himself on the chair next to the couch. No one answered, causing Taemin to wrinklr hi eyebrows.

"Why aren't you saying anything? Yah~...You never tell me anything!" Taemin huffled, crossing his arms and pouting cutely, which caused the others to laugh, making him pout even more.

"Are everyone here?" suddenly they heard Onew's voice and saw him walking to their direction, sitting beside JOnghyun and Key on the couch. The others looked at him quetiononly, nodding slightly. Apparently he had something hta he wanted to speak about with them.

"What is it hyung?" Key asked. Onew looked at him for a while and then sighed heavily, rubbign his eyes with his palm tiredly. The others were even more confused now.

"Is something wrong?" Jonghyun asked worriedly, but the leader just shook his dissmissly, smilling a little at them. Still it wasn't any help because everyone had already sensed that something really was wrong. But now thay just waited for Onew to tell what he had camed there for.

"Well first of all, Kibum-ah, you have a Toheart-schedule-thing just in a moment, so you should hurry up" he stated, looking at the feline boy who seemed kinda taken aback by his words. Suddenly he jumped up from Jonghyun's embrace straling them all.

"Oh my god! Thanks hyung! I totally forgot it! Oh god...Have I ever told you how much I love you Onew hyung!?" he squaled, giving his hyung a quick hug before heading towards his room in a great hurry. Onew only chuckled a little but Jonghyun's face darkened. He knew that Key had meant it only in a friendly way but he couldn't help but to feel a little bit jealousy eating him from the inside when the feline boy said "I love you" to someone else but him. Onew saw that and grinned, knowing very well what was going on in the others head. Then he continued.

"Oh, and you, Taemin and Minho, our manager hyung wanted to see you in a moment. I don't really know why but he said something about variety shows I think" he said and shook his shoulders a little. The two youngers only nodded, standing up from the chair and walked towards their managers room. Jonghyun watched after them before looking back to Onew.

"What about me then?" he asked. Onew smiled weakly at him.

"I have something to talk about with you Jonghyun-ah" he said, and Jonghyun noticed that the others voice sounded kinda sad. He was really confused and was alredy going to ask about what he wanted to talk about, but then they heard Key rushing back to the livingroom, and he shutted his mouth.

"Okay I'm going now!" the feline boy said and waved at them a little, already heading towards the door, but was stopped by Jonghyun calling for him.

"Bummie-ah~ are you really just going to leave like that?" he whined and pouted a little. The younger boy sighed and shook his head, walking back to them and giving his boyfriend a peck on his lips. After that he crossed his arms and glared at the elder sitting on the couch.

"Better?" he asked with a sarcastic tone in is voice but the other only smiled wildly and nodded, making him to roll his eyes before he finally leaved from their dorm.

"Jonghyun-ah...promise me to stick together with that boy for the rest of our life" Onew suddenly said, pleadingly looking into Jonghyun's eyes, who was really shocked by the elder's plead. He nodded a litle hestitantly.

"Promise me"

"Hy-hyung I...I promise, I love him" 

The leader sighed and rested his back against the couch. Now Jonghyun was really worried and he just stared at the older male. They both keeped quiet for a while.

"The thing that I wanted to talk about...it's about Kibum" Onew said sadly and looked at Jonghyun to see his reaction. The other didn't say anything, just waited for Onew to continued.

"You know...when he left from WGM so suddenly...the CEO wasn't so happy as you can already guess. And this time..since Kibum didn't even have any good reason to it, he was...furious about it and they...they hacked him Jonghyun-ah.."

 

 

Jonghyun's POV

 

I felt a hard pang on my chest and my heart wrenched from pain as I heard what Onew had wanted to tell me. It was unbelieveable. Why would they do that? I mean I know why but wasn't that still too harsh? I felt anger raising inside me, but I felt quilty and sad as well. It was all my fault but still, Key hadn't even told me about it.

"Where did you hear about it?" I asked blankly, and I guess my voice was a little cold even thought Onew hyung had done nothing wrong. I just couldn't control my feelings at that moment.

"Manager hyung told me...he told me that he had warned Kibum about it but he hadn't cared. He said that he clearly knew how our CEO is. Still he did it.." Onew said sadly and I could feel tears starting to grather in my eyes.

"Why didn't he tell us about it himself?

"You mean why Kibum-ah didn't speak about it? I don't really know...well, I guess it was pretty hard to tell anyone about it since you had just left him and everyone was kinda angry at him at that moment rememer?"

I sighed and my body trembled a little. Of course. And again I felt a wave of guilty hit trought my body. Tears starting to flow down my cheeks. I felt so angry at myself.

"But Jonghyun-ah...remember what you promised just a while ago?" Onew asked seriously and looked at me. I realised that he was on the edge of tears as well, but he succesfully kept them in, not letting them to escape fom his eyes. I just gazed at him for a while before weakly shaking my head.

"But hyung...if all that I can give him is pain then I don't-..."

"No! I didn't tell this to you to brake you guys apart! I told it to you for you to know what you actually mean to him! I mean if this doesn't prove it then nothing does alright!?" Onew quickly said, raising his voice a little and I shivered slightly. I knew that he was right but I still couldn't get ride of the thought that I was just hurting Key all the time. I still had to keep my promise for Onew...at least for now. And because of that I nodded, wiping the tears away from my face, sniffing quietly. Onew looked at me sadly and then smiled a little.

"I didn't think it would be wise to tell it to Taemin and Minho right away because Taemin-ah would propably freak out, and when he freaks out, so does Minho"

I smiled at what he said, because it was exactly right, then my face turned to serious again.

"Yeah you're right...I will speak about this with Bummie when he comes back...we will decide about if we tell about it to them or not.." I said and Onew nodded. I guess he had thought about it in the same way. Now I just had to wait for Key to come back. I was somehow very grateful that I didn't have to face him roght away. I felt too ashamed about myself at that moment.

I quietly sat up from the couch and slowly walked into mine and Key's shared bedroom, settling myself down on the bed. I closed my eyes and swallowed something, trying to get ride of the uncomfortable lump in my throath, but it didn't help. I decided to just sleep until Key would come back home. It didn't take too long from me to fall a sleep, but I didn't sleep peacefully. I had some terrible nightmares.

 

No one's POV

 

It was pitch dark. Jonghyun was walking down on some alley where he had never been before. He was cared but just kept walking. He felt as if something was pulling him towards the darkest place of the park that finally came to his sight. He gulped and kept walking, till he heard a heart aching scream ahead from him. He regonized that voice. He would always regonize it, no matter what. And that's why he started running towarsd the direction where the screams and whimpers where coming from. His heart was beating so fast that it felt as if it would jump out of his chest.

Finally he came to some place which seemed to be an old skatepark or something like that, Jonghyun wasn't sure. Then he saw a few guys siluettes from only a little ahead from him. He took a deep breath and walked as close as he could without being seen, and he could still see those people clearly.

One of them was laying on the ground the others were beating him up. Jonghyun's heart stopped at the sight. It was Key getting beaten up by those people that SM had hired to do it. He quickly went to them, and now he was so close that they had too see him, but no one seemed to react.

"Stop it!!" he yelled, but one of them reacted at all to it. He was angry, very, very angry right now. He tried to push those guys away from teh younger boy but he couldn't. His hands went trought them and they didn't see him.

"No" Jonghyun whispered, still trying to stop them, but after a moment he finally gave up and collapsed on his knees, tears flowing down his cheeks. All he could do was to watch. He was trapped to watch how those people hurted the boy who meant more than a world to him. The feline boy's screams were so full of pain that Jonghyu n felt like trying. It was just unbearable.

"Stop it! Please...please stop it!!" Jonghyun cried, even thought he knew that it was no help.

"Jonghyun-ah!?" it was Key's voice and the elfer lifted his head. He looked around but all he could see was the younger still being hurt by those bastards. Maybe he had just imagined it.

"Yah Kim Jonghyun!!! Wake up! Please!"

Jonghyun opened his eyes and sat up on his bed. He looked furiously around the room and everything he could see was Key sitting on the beds edge, eyes full of worry. A nightmare. It was just a nightmare. Jonghyun took a deep breath and closed his eyes. He felt cold sweat running down his back.

"Jjong?...Are you alright now?" the feline boy asked, placing his hand on the others forehead, womdering if the other was sick. The elder only smiled a little and carefully removed the other's hand, taking it to his own.

"Yeah, it was just a nightmare don't worry aobut it" Key nodded slightly, still unsure and worried about the other but he decided to let it slide this time.

"But Bummie...I have something to talk about with you, you know.." Jonghyun continued quietly, not sure if he was ready for this conversation. Key only lifted his other eyebrow questionly and told the other to go on what he was going to say.

"I...manager hyung had told Onew about what you did...about what happened to you.." the elder said carefully, not knowing what to expect from the younger's reaction.

Key's eyes turned sad and he pulled his hands away from the other, turning his body slightly away from Jonghyun. For a while it was quiet between them but then the feline boy took a deep breath, looking down at his hands wichc were placed on his lap.

"I'm sorry that I didn't tell you before Jjong...I really am but...no matter what, if I could decide again, I would do the exact same things" he said with sad voice, not lifting his gaze and sighed. Jonghyun knew that already, he just wanted to know exactly why.

"Why?" he simply asked and it sounded kinda rude, but neither of them didn't seem to really care about it at that moment.

"Because I love you...I don't care if I get beaten up because of that...I think it's worth it anytime. And why I didn't tell...I didn't want you to worry about me...becuase I really am okay now. I didn't want that it would come between us in anyways" the feline boy explained, slowly turning to look at Jonghyun, but the latter wasn't looking to his direction so he hestitantly turned his gaze away again.

"But Bummie...don't you think that it will come between us now?" Jonghyun asked slowly, making the younger tens up at the sudden statement. Key looked at the elder with shocked eyes.

"J-Jjong...your not going to brake up with me again aren't you?" the younger asked, horrified. This wasn't what he had wanted, and this was exacrly rhe reason why he hadn't told about the whole thing before. Jonghyun stared at Key for a while, already scaring the other completely, then he shook his head slowly.

"No...I didn't plan to do that. I love you Bummie...and besides I promised it to Onew hyung. That I wouldn't leave you becuase of this. But the truth to be told I actually...I thought about it...seriously"

Jonghyun's words caused tears to start rolling down the younger's cheeks. He was scared. He didn't want to braje up with Jonghyun. Not again. Never.

"Jjong please...." he whispered, a small sob escaping fom his lips. Jonghyun swallowed when the other started to cry. Actually the elder would never want to leave the younger either, but he doupted himself too much. Again. But he couldn't help it since it was his nature to be like that. He felt himself useless when it came to the feline boy. He simply loved that boy too much.

"Don't worry Bummie...I won't leave you now okay? It just crossed my mind since I felt so ashamed about myself. Because I haven't been able to protect you" Jonghyun whispered, pulling the younger into tight embrace, placing a soft kiss on the others temble. Key nodded weakly, burying his face on teh crook of his boyfriends neck. They stayed like that for a while.

It was really odd how the atmosphere between them could change completely in only few hours. It was so different now than in the morning on the couch. Sure they could feel the love that they shared just as well, but now there was somrthing else as well. Not only the love, but as well the pain that they went troguht because of it, and somehow it made it even stronger. After a while they leaned down on their bed, still in each other's embrace. And that's how they fell a sleep.



A/N:

Annyeong~~^-^

And here's the first chapter!! :D I'm actually really exited myself to write this sequel! And at least some of you guys are exited to read it and I'm soooooo thankful about it x) <3

I wasn't actually going to let SHINee (well actually only Onew and Jonghyun but...u know..) know about the SM thing this quickly but since I have a lot of other stuff for this fic as well I decided that maybe they are ready to know it already:)

I think it would be better if I didn't talk anymore because I'm scared that I would spoil this sotry for you for some reason...so I'll just shut up about it!

Anyways:D, I'm sorry I didn't have time to answer your comments and I just wanna say THANK YOU<3 seriously you are awesome Y-Y and my subscribers too<3 but seriously because I don't get so many comments, even one means a life to me:3

Well I have nothing else to say so...

 

BYE~ LUV U~<3<3<3

 

 

 

~JaeHwa~