♡ Final ♡

Always Been There

 

 

Sehun has always been there. 

He always seems to be glowing. Or maybe only in his eyes.

They had always been in the same school, same class ever since 7. Heck they even live 3 houses apart. Now that they were 18, nothing had really changed. 

Except maybe for the fact that Sehun is now towering over him. 

Which was unfair, because he had been the taller one. 

Had.

Anyway, Sehun has always been there, capturing attention from everyone because of his sunshine like character, always happy and cheerful, his happy go lucky personality certainly earned him the title of most favourite student of the school.

But this favourite student was not famous just because of his personality, or his non existent wonderful grades, his looks may count, but what the school love most about him is him. Because something hilarious would happen every time he's around. 

For instance, now.

"And finally, we welcome the prid of our school, our very own artist, the winner of the the International Nature Arts Competition!" 

Did he also mention that Sehun loves loves loves painting? The school's proud of him for his brilliant skills too.

"Finally!" Luhan clasps his hands together in anticipation to see Sehun on stage as he shakes away the haziness that had been growing since 30 minutes ago, when the Principal started his god damned speech. "Hey Baekhyun wake up!"

"Huh what- oh. Yayy Sehun!" Baekhyun claps softly before falling onto Luhan's shoulder again.

"Hey! Get up!" Luhan shakes the sleeping puppy but to no avail. Chanyeol, sitting on the other side of Baekhyun, gives him a 'I'll handle this look' and proceeded to wake Baekhyun up, using methods Luhan does not want to witness.

"Congratulations Oh- Oh..OH MY GOD OH SEHUN!!!!"

Everyone's attention, even Baekhyun's, shot to the lanky boy on stage...who was wearing his track suit and he's..also in slippers.

"Do you know what this is?? Do you know? This is a formal ceremony Oh Sehun! You come in tr..track suit and you don't even have proper shoes on..." The teacher- in- charge gripped on his hair as he gapes at Sehun, who was giving a sheepish smile in his rainbow hair and bright purple suit. ''Hehe, I went exercising this morning, so I came like this...''

The audience snorted and whispers of ''Huh? He goes exercising with slippers?'' And ''Hey, it's Oh Sehun. '' went flying back and forth.

Comical black lines drew themselves over the head of the principal awkwardly standing with the trophy a distance away. And also over all the audience.

"Ahh Oh Sehun, as expected, hahaha!" The whole school starts chuckling and smiling. Oh Sehun this silly dork.

When the ceremony ended with a dejected teacher-in-charge and an ecstatic Sehun (and Luhan), the school piled out of the auditorium and went back to their respective classes, most chatting about the latest Sehun stun. Some guys even went slapping on Sehun's back when they walked past him, exchanging fives and ''good job bro''s.  

''Hey Luhan, hey Baekhyun, hi Suho! What's up Chanyeol! '' Sehun greets as they bump into each other at the class doors.

''Hey Sehun!'' Luhan answers back with a nervous smile. The rest just went back to their seats after giving a wave. ''What did you draw this time?''

''I'll put it on the wall..oh there's hardly enough space left...'' Sehun looks up at the wall at the back of the class thoughtfully. It had all of Sehun's drawings that won him something (framed even) hanging proudly on it

''I know you're a genius but you don't have to make the classroom like your own museum do you Oh Sehun! '' Luhan points at the wall (labeled Oh Sehun's world) and shakes his head as everyone else laughs.

Sehun chuckles and then pouts a little. Luhan eyes widens at the sudden cuteness. ''That's because Luhannie says that I must show you if I created anything good!''

Luhan's face burned up as he remembered his words from a long time ago.

He stills remember? Woah...

''Woah is that so? Huh?Luhan?'' Baekhyun slithers up next to Luhan and pokes at the dazed boy's sides.

Luhan shoves Baekhyun away. ''E..even so, y..you don't have to do this...'' He tried protesting but it came out weak.

''Hey it's Sehun! Hey Sehun! Good job winning that com! Track suits and slippers look really cool on you!'' 2 senior girls spotted Sehun as they walked past their classroom. Luhan's face turned dark as he pulled on his soft honey brown hair. Whyy?! What even...why would this kind of guys who wear track suits and slippers to award ceremonies get so much attention?!

''Woah woah senior girls Sehun how could you?? How could you not introduce them to me!!'' Some boys starts pestering Sehun who starts scratching his head. "Eh? Haha I don't know them either!"

Luhan just walks back to his seat giving a sigh.

He's pretty envious of Sehun's carefree-ness. It has always been like that! Ever since...Luhan mind drifts to when he first met Sehun.

7 year old Luhan trudged home after the first day of school, feeling happy that his teacher had complimented his pretty Deer bag. it was pink! Lovely colour.

"Eh? Oh isn't that Se..Sehun? He's from my class..." Luhan racked his brains for the name that was still new to him. "What's he doing?"

7 year old Sehun stood with a face of determination in front of the park's board that said 'This Is XXXX Park, Everybody's Happy, Clean Park! ' in plain, bold letters.

Luhan looked on with a face filled with curiosity when it changes to a look of utter shock and horror. Wha-what is Oh Sehun doing??

Sehun whipped out his pack of markers from his yellow Tweety bird bag (that had a mustache drawn on) and started drawing furiously on the board. 

 

VA-VANDALISM?? Luhan gaped in shock, not knowing what to do. Should he stop him? Or just ignore and walk on? Before he could even finish thinking, Shun had capped back his markers, threw them into his bag, looked at the board one last time going "That's more like it." before walking away.  

"EH? Who drew this?!" Luhan whipped his attention from Sehun's retreating back onto the old lady who yelled, staring at the board.

"Oh no!" Is she going to think I did it? Since I'm the only one here! Luhan turned around, hoping the old lady, whom he also recognised as the park manager's wife, wouldn't see him. (The spot of bright pink in the midst of green...)

But another surprised cry made Luhan turn his head back, just a little, to peek at what's happening.

The lady was shaking with joy, pointing at the board happily. "Oh, a brilliant drawing..I've always wished for the board to look like this..Oh I'm really happy..."

As the lady skipped away, or hobbled with lighter steps, Luhan scampered over to the board to see what Oh Sehun did. His eyes widened as he took in the now extremely colourful board. The black words had been outlined with pink, and a cute drawing of a girl holding a boy's hand standing happily under a tree with balloons floating around and puppies running about.

"Wah...Much cuter than before..." Luhan gasped in awe.


Ever since then Luhan began to put more attention on Sehun, admiring him, and he was really happy that they were always in the same class. Fate, he likes to say. 


"Hey Luhan, same class again?"


"Luhan! Hi! "


"Wassup Lu, guess we're together for another year again huh!"


And that day when he suddenly blurted out," Sehun, I really like your drawings! If you draw anything new you have to show them to me okay?"

"Sure!"


Always so carefree. Like a bird flying without a care on the world. Shining brightly in Luhan's world.

But sometimes...

 

"Oh yes!" A shout jerked the class out from their drowsy state and the teacher paused to see who had dared to interrupt. 

It was Oh Sehun, of course. "A brilliant idea! INSPIRATION! YEAHH!" Sehun swung his hands around like a cowboy and exclaimed.

Their classmates smile at the sight. "Again..."

"Hey Sehun so what's the new idea this time?"

"It looks like it'll be good!"

 Luhan takes a look at ecstatic Sehun and gave a sad smile. Every time I see him like this, so happy, I can't help but feel a little sad...


-Break. One so short the students can't go out to get food but too long for just studying so they make a ruckus. Best choice. -

'Woah, it has started again!" Baekhyun exclaims as they peer over to the lanky boy sitting (barefooted) on the floor at the back of the room. "Sehun's project?" 

"Yup!"

"Can't wait this time..His drawings are breeeliant!" Baekhyun sighed happily as he leaned on Luhan's table. "His 'freeness', that happy, I-don't-really-care- attitude is what makes him so popular...and he's cute too."

Chanyeol flicks Baekhyun's forehead. "Excuse me?" 

"You're cute too, Chanyeol, and don't you dare freaking flick me!"

Luhan ignores the squabbling couple and focuses on Sehun, capturing his every flick of the wrist, twitch of the lips and blink of the eye.

Yes, Sehun is cute. His attractiveness is as undeniable as his arts skills. But nobody else as ever seen him as their object of affection. Luhan had heard people speak of that before, and now Yixing and the few other boys around were discussing about it again. 

"But why?" Luhan butts in.

"Because he is Sehun!" Lines drew themselves over Luhan's unamused face. What kind of answer is that.

"No, look, he's Sehun. Being Sehun means that he'd rather paint and draw than to go out for a date with anyone!"

They look up into an imaginary bubble that had appear. A Sehun who was happily painting appeared in the bubble. Suddenly the phone beside him starts ringing loudly. For a very long time. He doesn't pick up, too busy to even hear. Finally, his voicemail blasts out an angry voice. "OH SEHUN THAT'S IT! THIS IS THE 17th TIME YOU'VE IGNORED A DATE! WE'RE DONE!" 

Sehun continues painting.

The bubble pops and they look back down.

"That's true..." Luhan mutters. 

"Yeah so I guess Sehun is all yours, Lu." Yixing smiles extremely bright. Too bright.

"H..how did you know?" Luhan puts a hand at his chest. He glances around at everyone's face. "How did all of you know?! " 

"Aish..I say. If you want to blame, blame yourself for being so extremely transparent.." Joonmyun pops up from behind Luhan.

"Woah !" Luhan nearly falls off the table he's been sitting on. "Why do you have to do that?!"

"Meh. Anyway guys! I'm here to ask if all of you want to go to this group blind date kind of thing?"

"Yes! I wanna go!" Hands shot up. Perfect opportunity to grab a boyfriend so why not, right?

Baekhyun gripped onto Chanyeol's arms. "Hum..It's okay for both of us."

"Me too. I'm not going." Luhan shuns away.

Joonmyun ponders for a while.."That means we don't have enough people..I was thinking if I could ask Sehun along.."

Sehun??

"No wait! Please I want to go too let me join please!" Luhan jumps in front of Joonmyun. "Please please.."

"See Luhan? T R A N S P A R E N T."


"Eh? Group..blind date kind of thingy?" Sehun looks bemused as he quotes off from Luhan's quote. "Sorry, I'm not going."

A miniature cloud floats over Luhan and started pouring sad and blue drops over him.

"Aish," Joonmyun pushes past Luhan and his sad aura. "Why not? If you go, Sehun the whole mood would be better too."

"Oh..erm but sorry..I am busy with this important project..." Sehun gives an apologetic smile. "Luhan, you're going?"

No..now that you're not...Luhan wanted to say gloomily.

"Of course he is!" Joonmyun smiles. "He said so earlier."

"..Oh is that so? What a surprise!" Sehun blinks before giving another of his sunshine eye smiles.

"Erh.." Luhan struggles to think up something to explain himself but then Sehun added, "I didn't know you wanted a boyfriend that badly. Hmm...good luck on that huh!" He waves and walks off with his art bag.

I WAS ONLY ONLY GOING TO GO IF YOU WERE TOO YOU DUMB...!!!

I don't even want to go! It's just what if Sehun said that he was going to and he gets stolen by other people...that was why I wanted to go but I can't say that out...If not, wouldn't this be a confession already?? Aishhh!!! Luhan pulled at his hair for the umpteen time that day. 


 

So in the end Luhan managed to weasel himself out of the date and went strolling in the park with dejected face on. Stupid Oh Sehun. Dumb dumb dumb. 

One dumb Sehun, Two dumb Sehuns, Three dumb Sehuns...Luhan counted as he kicked at the pebbles on the park ground.

"Hmm.." Luhan heard someone humming and looked up, before gasping. "Sehun?!"

The boy was sitting below the biggest tree and as usual, drawing.

Luhan crept up in front, trying to hind himself behind the big board Sehun had. 

"I CAUGHT YA!" Jumping up, Luhan yelled at Sehun.

'Oh my god who is that arghdkfhjk!!!!" Sehun bashed his board into Luhan who fell back on to the grass. "Ow!"

"Oh God! Are you okay???" Sehun threw his board down and picked Luhan up before settling him onto the grass patch properly beside him.

"Don't scare me like that! I thought you were a ghost.."

"HEY!"

"Sorry.. Hey I thought you were going to the date?"

"Hmm..I didn't want to go anymore.." Luhan sighed. "I don't actually want to find a boyfriend that badly."

"Ah...I see."

"Sehun what are you drawing? Can I see? Can I?" Luhan tries to peek at the board but Sehun immediately covers the board with a cloth.

"N..No! No no hey no stop hahahaha stop no!" Sehun tries to cover the board but wobbled when Luhan starts tickling him.

'No!" After Sehun had successfully hidden the  art from a pouting Luhan he settled back down onto the grass. "It's a secret, Lu."

"But I want to see it! You said you'll show me!"

"When its' done! Look! An ice cream van!"

"How dare you try to change the subjects!'

"No please- hahahahahah STOP LULU! HAHAHA"


"LALALALALALA..." A Sehun clad in slippers (of course) and Bermudas with a Hawaii patterned shirt turned up at class holding a bunch of hay and leis around his neck. His arts supplies hung in that paint crusted bag slung across his shoulders like always.

"Wha..what are you wearing? Oh Sehun?" The whole class' jaws dropped.

"I have an important project! No one come disturb meee, okayy? " Sehun gave a bow and a wave and disappeared down the corridor.

"Mr Kim? You're just gonna let him skip lessons?"

"Oh well, he's really very dedicated to arts so what can I say?' Mr Kim looked on with a proud happy smile at the disappearing figure.

What's he up to these days? Luhan frowned.

No, I can't let you see, Lu. No wait, Lu. Not now Lu! Every time I ask to see this particular painting he rejects me! What, can't I see anymore? He can't share them with me anymore? He used to...and the more you say no, the more my curiosity burnsss!

Luhan got more and more agitated. "Mr Kim! I don't feel well! I'm going to the sick bay!! "

"Eh? But I'm going to announce stuff..." 

"Bye! Mr Kim!" Luhan stormed off toward the end of the corridor.

"Woah, walking real fast for someone not feeling well." Mr Kim shakes his head. 


Wandering into the far ened of the school, Luhan crept behind the bushes and heard someone humming.

Sehun.

"Found him!" Luhan peeked over the the bushes and sees Sehun....sitting super far away.

Aish!

What is he doing?

Sehun sits there tying up the flowers to something Luhan couldn't see.

 He looks really happy doing that...

A teacher walks toward Sehun and Luhan ducks. But rises again as he hears them talk.

"Working hard, Sehun?" Mr Lee, the art teacher, smiled as he ruffled the boy's hair. "Skipping class so openly huh?"

"Hehehe, Mr Lee.."

"I'm so happy you decided to take up my offer. I apologise for it being so sudden."

"Oh it's okay, I also feel that I have the ability and I want to test myself."

What?

"Going overseas and learning all sorts of new things would also be very beneficial for my art, and life too!"

O..Over..overseas......?

"Great, Sehun. Now I'll be going, see you!"

Luhan stepped out of the bushes and stared at Sehun.

"What did you say just now, Sehun? Overseas?"

"Oh ... you.. you heard? Yeah I've taken up Mr Lee's offer to pursue the arts overseas...I'll be leaving Korea next week, actually.."

Sehun goes on about it being his dream. But Luhan can't absorb it in at all.

Next week?? Leaving..Korea? Overseas...

How..

How?

Why?!

No...!

"H..How could you say it all as if it's nothing?? Is it so easy to leave? Is there..." Luhan took a deep breathe to stop the tears gushing out. "is there nothing you'd miss? No one? Nothing?"

Sehun gazed up at Luhan.

"Aren't you afraid of being lonely?? Going to places that you've never been and don't speak the same language..."

"Leaving here, and not being able to see everyone else anymore...! And..and me...?"

"...Hmm, Yes, I really want to go..."

Of course. Sehun..Segun'll never understand. He won't not know how much I ...I.. because his drawings will always be the first thing on his mind..

"But...yes..If I can't see Luhan...I think I'll really be lonely, huh.."

"Huh?"

"Come with me?"

"What?"

"I'm kidding..." Sehun gives a smile to the emotions wrecked Luhan. "So you should go..and find a boyfriend who'd treat you well, take care of you.."

"WHY?! How..how dare you say such things so casually to me?!" Luhan cries out, the tears finally falling. "How could you say this all as if you're playing? How? I..I don't go parties, I don't go on dates, I don't go and find a boyfriend like everyone else because.." Luhan breathes deeply. "Because all my mind could think of everyday is you! YOU, OH SEHUN! YOU! In my heart there's only you! Don't you get it?"

Turning on his heels, Luhan throws a choked, "STUPID!" back at Sehun and ran away, wiping away at tears furiously.

I..can never be the number one in Sehun's heart.


 

"LUHAN! ARE YOU NOT GOING TO SCHOOL AGAIN?! You've been 'sick' for the past 4 days! Get out of the bed or I'll cut down your allowance you brat!"

"Mooom..."

"Go! Get to school now!"

Luhan had no choice but to finally get to school.

Nu-uh, he skipped not because he was avoiding Sehun. He really was sick.

 

 

"Hey, you're finally back Lu! Have you recovered now?" Baekhyun slapped a sad looking Luhan who was moping on the table.

"Yeah...Hey Baek...is Sehun not coming today?"

"Oh haven't you heard? Oh I guess not, he's leaving for US today! It was supposedly next week but meh, he didn't even give us the chance to throw a farewell party for him..." 

Baekhyun's voice trailed off in Luhan's mind. 

US?

TODAY??

"Liar!! Baekhyun you're lying...?! Please tell me that's not true, not today.." Luhan paused when his phone buzzed. 

 

From: Oh Sehunnie

Come to the park now.

8.36am

 

''I. .I have to go now...'' Luhan looked away from his phone and stumbled out of the classroom, leaving his puzzled classmates behind.

"Luhan...? Class is about to start!"

Please...let me be in time...let me see him. ..wait for me. .Sehun..

He ran to the park at record time.

There...was nobody there.

Searching frantically, there...still is no one.

Not the one he was looking for. 

Luhan paused in his searchings,  and sat himself down heavily on the park ground. 

Sehun...Where are you??

''Woahhhh what is that? It's huuuuge!'' A few kids started exclaiming and Luhan looked up from his position.

There, hanging on the branches of the huge tree, was a huge painting of..of Luhan.

The background of the painting was beautiful colours of the sunset, but Luhan's face on the board was completely 'drawn' up by hay straws. Each and every straw formed a line of Luhan  and the shadings...were perfect. LUHAN was written i huge, bold letters below the painting.

Anyone could see that this probably took a long long time to finish. 

Huge groups of beautiful purple flowers hung around the board, and balloons were tied to the tree branches.

Luhan broke down, crying, sobbing heart wrenchingly, the complete opposite of the Luhan which Sehun drew on the board. That Luhan was smiling the brightest smile ever.

"Oh what's wrong with that oppa?" A little girl asked her friends. "He's crying!"

"I don't know...hey he looks kinda like that guy on that drawing!"

"Oppa, are you hurt?"

"Does that read Lu...Luha? Luhan?"

Luhan couldn't hear the children.

Sehun ah...

I don't...I don't have such a cute smile..

Am...I that beautiful in Sehun's eyes...?

"Please don't go!!!" Luhan wailed out loud, finally releasing sounds of sobbing. "Sehun is a big stupid dumb..."

"Woah, it's really cute isn't it!" A familiar voice made Luhan pause in his crying and turn to look.

It was Sehun, standing beside him looking like a proud daddy at the drawing.

Sehun looked down at Luhan who was still sitting on the floor, dazed.

"Mm, actually, I've hesitated and pondered for a long time. Days without Lulu would be lonely, wouldn't it?" Sehun gave another of those dazzling smiles that Luhan loved. "You once said my drawing were really good, and you loved them before, didn't you? That made me so happy that I continued with it, all the way till now."

Luhan continued staring at Sehun.

He squatted down and faced him. "I was going to make all these..to ..to tell you, tell lulu how I feel about you." Then he chuckled and brushed a hand through his hair. "But then that day, you suddenly came and told all of that...I guess you beat me to it huh?"

Sehun...

"I will go to many places, and I will draw, and I will bring them all back, to show Lulu, okay?" Sehun tilted Luhan face up towards him and brushed his tears away. "Don't cry.."

"Sehun...!" Luhan fell ino Sehun's embrace. "I..I really really love you..."

"Mmm! I really love Luhan..too..." Sehun closed the distance between them and he finally, finally, captured those lips with his own.


 

"You..you have to write to me everyday. Okay?! Call! Message, Skype, email, whatever! Okay?"

"I will, Lu, I will."

"And you..erm, should send drawings back time to time,, okay/"

"Okay~"

"A..and take that down..that drawing is so huge it's embarrassing..Everyone could see it! And my name's there, too!"

"Why? It's really cute!"

"....!"

 

"I'll..I'll wait for you, Sehun!"

 

 

'I'll always be there for you, Lu."



 

 

A/n: Urgh, I'm really sorry. /cringes

 

Not proof read yet.

This seems so rushed because it is LMAO I did it in a day.

Will probably edit edit edit after a while...