Spanish Lullaby

Spanish Lullaby

Summer.

 

It was humid and hot that year but the heat in the streets in Barcelona, Spain did not deter me from enjoying myself. It was among the things I wanted to do in my life and in my twenty-four years of existence I am obviously living my life to the fullest. I love to travel a lot and it made my photography hobby even more exciting plus I get to meet a lot of new people along the way, which is cool.

With my phone ringing every other day with mommy dearest calling about how I should now start to take over the company and live a stable life, I felt that ‘stable’ isn’t really for me. My life is all about adventure and being stuck behind a desk all day is just too boring.

It’s another day in Spain before I move on to Brazil in two days so better make the most of it.

Walking in the backstreets can surprise you, here there are street musicians enjoying themselves doing their own things. A sound caught my attention, a distinct sound from a harmonica jamming with the guitar strumming and percussion.

I spun around searching for the sound and there I saw someone who looked so out of place with his Asian appearance but he blended in with his music. Kids played around him enjoying his tune and he bobbed his head as his hand moved the harmonica expertly. He had short, dark brown hair that stuck up at odd ends, making him look like he just got out of bed, loose blue V-neck shirt that made him look paler but the boyish features he had made him fit in.

A random latino then spun me around and engaged me in a dance. I couldn’t help but laugh and even if my hips didn’t have the mad pop them Latinos got I managed to do it justice.

I laughed breathlessly when the song ended and before I could be pulled to another dance, I stealthily moved away.

My eyes automatically glanced at the Asian musician and it just so happened his eyes landed on mine. I gave him a smile and approached him.

            “nice to see another asian around here.” I said slinging my camera back in place. I took a chance and spoke to him in English.

            “likewise.” His smile was more of a smirk. I noticed his eyes were really round and innocent but when he smirked I saw a hint of mischief in them.

He was sweating bullets, which I couldn’t blame him; the heat was getting to me too. He shoved his dark brown hair up and as it stuck up I noticed how cute he really looked. He had that schoolboy feel to him but at the same time he was, I don’t know, manly?

            “so, how long have you been here?” I asked attempting at small talk.

            “three days, leaving the day after tomorrow.” He said shoving his harmonica back into his pocket and picking up his backpack.

            “I see, me too.” He opened his mouth to reply but was cut off by the incessant ringing of his phone. He fished it out of his other pocket.

I gestured that I needed to leave and he waved his hand in goodbye.

            “yeoboseyo?” I halted when he answered his phone and spun around.

Well, what do you know; he’s Korean. He was arguing with someone about some business matters and it dawned on me he was no ordinary tourist. This guy was in the corporate world by the way he was instructing that person on the other end.

He got surprised when he turned after his call and saw me standing there.

            “you’re Korean?” I asked in Korean trying not to sound surprised.

            “I see you are too.” He replied.

            “sorry, I didn’t mean to eavesdrop.”

            “don’t worry about it. I would probably stop too if I was in your place. The backstreets isn’t the place for tourists after all.” he chuckled.

            “true, but you have an adventurous spirit too, if you’re anything like me, that is.” I laughed.

            “what are you like?” he challenged and I gave him a look that challenged him back. He just laughed and extended his hand like he’s done it a million times. “I’m Ch—“

I knew he was about to introduce himself but I waved my hand frantically and stopped him. He gave me this cute bewildered look that made me want to giggle.

            “sorry, but I’d rather you not tell me your name. how about a nickname?” he looked at me like I was insane for a second.

            “o~~~kay, I’m…Kyu.” He said. I took his hand and smiled.

            “I’m Ji.”

We started to walk out into the main street and started up a conversation.

            “so what’s with the nickname thing?” he asked.

            “oh, that, well, I really meet a lot of different people, it’s nice meeting them and all but it’s not really like you’ll meet them again so I’d rather keep things informal and remember them like a good memory. Like say I met this girl when I was in Australia, I remember her as Gin the Tonic.”

            “why? Coz she was your drinking partner?” Kyu guessed jokingly but I gave him a surprised look.

            “exactly like that! She was a really fun girl.”

            “so what if you meet them again?” he asked.

            “that’s when we exchange our real names. It only happened once though.” I shrugged and turned to Kyu. “so what are you up to today?”

 

---

 

We ended up hanging out together for the whole day. Kyu didn’t fuss about much but he did have a thing for good wines. I suggested some good ones to him and he tried about two of them. In return, he gave me one of his good wines and I promised him I’d drink it once I got back home to Korea, which I still don’t know when.

We agreed to meet the next day in front of the Sagrada Familia church. It was slightly cloudy but still pretty hot. I got to the church first and started to snap away some photos. My phone was ringing again but I decided to ignore it.

            “hey Ji!” I heard Kyu call from a distance and I saw him jog towards me. he still had his back pack and he wore a slightly loose white shirt and a pair of shorts.

I waved back at him.

            “you didn’t wait too long did you?” he asked, always the gentleman.

            “nah, I have my camera to keep me preoccupied anyway.”

            “so, where  do you plan on going today?” he asked. Kyu did mention he only came to Spain on a random whim. He only wanted to be away for a short vacation and going to an unfamiliar country is a great distraction to his boring and repetitive lifestyle. He didn’t tell me about his work nor did I ask. I knew he must’ve been a high-ranking employee in a corporation because he had that air of leadership in him that I’ve seen from my father. I just didn’t tell I observed that much.

            “I want to go around the churches then maybe the cafes. You up to it?”

            “sure, like I told you I don’t have any specific plan on this trip and it’s fun going around some place new with someone you don’t really know.” He looked at me with that mischievous smirk of his and winked. It caught me off guard and I felt my heart skip a beat.

            “adventure, like I always say.” I said trying to hide that momentary surprise.

We spent the rest of the morning touring cathedrals; the clouds had already long parted revealing clear, blue skies. I didn’t mind the heat much, Kyu didn’t seem to mind too but he was obviously sweating a lot. The back of his shirt was already lined with sweat and he kept wiping his brows. I inwardly hoped he had brought an extra shirt along.

I took the last few shots of the stained glass windows before I headed back out to look for Kyu, he had said he wanted to look for souvenirs for his friends back home, something about refrigerator magnets and pink sombreros.

I craned my neck above the heads of a crowd of tourists but I still couldn’t spot him. I did what my instinct told me and go to the nearest souvenir stands. There were still a lot of tourists there, but I saw the familiar gray backpack and the bed hair of my traveling friend at the last stall that was selling a few wooden carved items. I pushed my way through the crowd and holding my breath with the salty smell of sweat.

When I got closer, I could hear a soft cry of a baby and then a clear voice; someone was singing the baby a lullaby. I couldn’t make out the lyrics but it was a man’s voice. It was clear, smoothing and so relaxing; the perfect voice for a lullaby. The song was meant for the baby but I felt hypnotized as I came closer, Kyu still had his back to me but I didn’t care, all I thought was how mesmerizing that voice was. But at the moment Kyuhyun moved to his side revealing a small baby in his arms, rocking it carefully from side to side, and he was singing.

>imagine Kyuhyun singin this:)<

Valentine, let’s go to sleep

Your beautiful eyes are saying yes

I will watch over your sleep,

I will lull you to sleep

 

Valentine is love you till the end.

Valentine let’s go to sleep,

Daddy loves you, we are here.

Valentine I love you till the end.

 

Then it clicked, that was the baby I heard crying, although it wasn’t crying anymore but sleeping and it was Kyu I heard and he was singing a Spanish lullaby.

He slowly handed the baby back to the mother who had just finished handing the customer his change.

            “muchas gracias, senior.” She said gratefully. I may not speak Spanish but that much I understand.

            “no hay de due.” Kyu replied with a smile and kissed the baby’s head. Warmth spread through my entire face and the hair at the back of my neck stood on ends. I felt really fuzzy and tingly. I couldn’t help at the smile that crept on my face next. I pulled my camera and snapped a picture of the scene.

            “tienes una voz muy hermosa.” I didn’t know what she but it sounded like a compliment. Kyu laughed lightly and the fuzzy feels came back and now I realize I was blushing too much.

            “Kyu?” I called. He turned and smiled at me waving at me to come closer.

That smile will be the death of me one of these days, I thought.

The woman behind the stall looked at me with a soft, kindly smile too.

            “es ella tu novia, senior?” she asked Kyu, I saw his eyes widened for a fraction of a second before he laughed.

            “no, la acabo de conocer aqui.” He said and the woman looked disappointed.

            “oh, y es realmente bella.” A soft smile appeared on Kyu’s face and he looked at me, no, it was like he was staring into my soul.

            “Lo se.” He said as he looked at me. I had no idea what they talked about but I wasn’t all that sure I wanted to know.

 

---

 

I didn’t talk to Kyu about the exchange made at that shop. Truthfully, I feel embarrassed to ask. He didn’t say anything about it either so I thought it was just nothing.

We went on our own ways for a couple of hours doing personal stuffs but we agreed to meet at a restaurant to have dinner. I got to the place first; it was small, homey, with a band playing Spanish songs on a makeshift stage inside. It wasn’t anything fancy but it did give off the feel of authentic Spanish restaurant.

Since it was nice cool evening, I requested for a seat outside, there wasn’t much passersby anyway. To not waste time waiting, I took out my camera and started going through my shots, deleting ones I did not like.

Eventually, I got to the shot I took of Kyu with the baby. Blood came rushing through my face again as I look at the soft look of his eyes, his smile and how his cheek turns slightly pink when he smiles.

            “hey, Ji! Sorry I’m late, did you wait long?” I jumped slightly at his sudden appearance. He pulled out the chair in front of me and he immediately sat.

I cleared my throat before speaking in case my voice cracks.

            “it’s ok, I just got here a few minutes ago.”

            “oh, that’s better then.” He grinned. “have you ordered yet?”

            “no, I waited for you.”

He just nodded and called the waiter. When he arrived, Kyu started speaking in fluent Spanish, I didn’t even know what he was saying aside from the names of the foods he ordered. I was sure he threw in paella and quesadillas in there.

            “you know I’ve never really asked you where you learned Spanish and how come you didn’t tell me you can.” I said when the waiter left.

He chuckled and leaned his arms on the table.

            “I just kind of learned it.” he shrugged playing on a piece of bread. “and you didn’t ask me so I didn’t tell you. If I told you right away you might think I was bragging.”

I had to laugh at that.

            “you should tell me, what I think shouldn’t matter.”

            “why shouldn’t it?” he asked looking slightly serious.

            “because we’ll never meet again after tonight.” When I said it, somehow I felt a rush of disappointment. Of all the people I’ve met on my travels, this was the first time I felt disappointed not to meet them again.

            “we could choose to exchange contact details you know.” Even with the dim lighting, I could clearly see his cheeks turning red.

I tried to control the thumping inside my chest now. it was going crazy and it hasn’t done that in a very long time.

We were both staring at each other now. I mentally told my brain to quickly come up with something to say before things got awkward, but it didn’t produce anything.

My phone’s loud, incessant ringing broke my internal battle and at that moment I couldn’t thank my mom more.

            “excuse me for a sec.” I said before standing up and walking to a more private place to entertain my timely phone call.

As soon as I hit the answer button my mom’s annoyed voice rang out even before I could say hello.

            “it’s nice to hear from you too, eomma.”

            “Kwon YeonJi! How dare you turn your phone off when you know I’ll be calling?!”

 I winced.

            “I just charged my phone, I forgot to do it last night.”

             “stop making excuses, you’re my  daughter, I know you too well.” yeah I know and that’s why I regret it sometimes.

            “I know, eomma, and I know what you’re going to say, I won’t be going home till the end of the month.” I huffed.

            “I talked with your father and he convinced my to let you stay on your vacation till then.” I mentally sent my father a huge thank you. “but when you get here, you’re going to have dinner with me and my best friend from college.”

Alarm bells started ringing in my head. The last time she dragged me into one of her dinners with ‘friends’, she had set me up with their son.

            “oh no you are not going to put me through that again, eomma!” I almost screamed.

            “oh tosh! It’s just dinner, YeonJi.”

            “yeah right, the last time you said that, you left me with that Kim guy and had my ears bored off my head.”

            “you’re just being too picky, that boy was very nice.” Nice? I rolled my eyes, try supercilious.

            “you’re just doing this to me because I won’t get a stable job at our company, aren’t you?” she keeps torturing me!

            “and because I want you to meet a nice man.” She said unashamedly. “besides Cho HyeEun’s son is just a year or two older than you and already he’s the COO of the tech company of his father, very smart, handsome and talented too.”

And there goes mom’s nonstop flattery of the unknown-to-me guy.

            “ok eomma, stop, stop! Let’s compromise on this, no more matchmaking and I promise to go work a stable job when I get home.”

            “hmmm…no, matchmaking but I will still introduce you to the boy. No dinners just a simple introduction.”

I sighed. There was no use arguing further but at least I won’t be subjected to a horrific dinner experience again.

            “fine, but on one condition. I won’t be working at our company. Bye!” before I could hear all her objecting screaming I shut my phone and walked back to Kyu.

He was looking at me with concern on his eyes, probably because the frustration appeared on my face. The food was already there and it smelled really good, which is a very good distraction right now.

            “everything alright? You look like you were arguing with your mom.”

I looked up at him.

            “how did you know it was my mom.” I asked and he smiled guiltily.

            “I remembered you telling me yesterday your mom kept calling you so I assumed it was her.” He replied still looking at me unsure of what to say next.

            “oh right, she kept nagging me about getting a stable job again and now she threatened me to set me up with her friend’s son even when I compromised to work when I get home.” I forgot formality and dumped my problem on the table.

I heard Kyu chuckle and I glared at him.

            “but I assume you found a way to get back at her?” that was something I did not expect at all. how can he know what I’d do when he only met me yesterday?

            “I told her I wouldn’t be working in my father’s business.” I stared at him. “how did you know I would do something like that?”

Kyu sat and leaned back calmly before he answered.

            “you’re very easy, Ji, plain and simple.” He was grinning confidently borderlining on arrogance. “you like the fun side of things, you like spontaneity that’s why stable work bores you and when you get forced on doing something you make sure you’re going to get something in return.”

He tilted his head and stared at me with a slightly raised brow as if to ask if he was right. I didn’t need to answer his silent question, he knows his right and I know he is too.

            “the food is getting cold, let’s just eat.” I mumbled and started to put food on my plate. I heard him silently laugh and we started to eat.

It was a silent dinner and towards the end of it the waiter offered wine, I think, because after Kyu talked to him he came back with a bottle of red wine.

            “hey Kyu, I’ve been meaning to ask you.” I started and his eyes turned towards me. he was swirling his wine and smelling it expertly, mentally evaluating it.

            “yes?”

            “what did that woman at that store earlier today said? The one by the church.”

            “oh.” damn that smile again, the one he did when he looked at me earlier today. and like earlier, it made my heart do back flips again and my stomach in a knot.

He reached for his wine and gave a it a swirl before he answered.

            “she said you’re pretty.”

            “ah.” I didn’t get to hide my blush this time. I hurriedly grabbed for my wine and took a sip. Perhaps, if he noticed, he’d think the redness in my cheeks was just because of the wine.

            “I told her I already know you are.”

I almost dropped my glass at that pronouncement. I looked at Kyu and he was staring straight into my eyes. Was he really this forward? I may have only met him yesterday but he never did do anything flirty or anything, he didn’t even do compliments.

I cleared my throat to rid the atmosphere of the increasing awkwardness.

            “so…uhmmm…you really have a nice voice. Since when have you been singing?”

to my surprise he laughed. I stared at him weirdly, maybe it was the effect of the wine but he looked like a slightly different person or at least a bit of his demeanor changed. He went from cutely shy to ily confident. What surprised me most was that I honestly loved both sides of him.

That subtle mischievous glint in his eyes that I noticed earlier was now so visible that I blushed like mad.

            “are you that curious, Ji?” he asked.

            “well, a bit.” I felt myself shrinking at the aura that he was exuding.

            “I don’t really want to say.” He looked at his wine. “I’d rather tell you if we meet again next time and if you’re lucky I might even sing to you.” He smirked…I could find no words to describe it but it looked so wicked. It wasn’t bad but more like he was a very naughty kid with a prank up his sleeve.

I looked at my watch and noticed it was already getting late. Kyu had a 5am flight and I at 8. I told Kyu about the time and he checked his watch before nodding to himself. We both knew we needed to say our goodbyes now.

            “I guess this is it.” he said with a slightly bitter smile.

            “yeah, I really had fun and it was really very nice to meet you, Kyu.” I said as we both walked out of the restaurant and into the main street.           

            “likewise, this trip would’ve been really boring without me letting you drag me all over Spain.” He laughed. My jaw dropped.

            “yah, you told me you were fine with it!” he laughed jumping out of the way when I raised my fist to punch his arm.

            “I really was fine with it. I just said it would’ve been boring if you hadn’t done so.”

I gave him a scowl. He surprised me by ruffling my hair.

            “never really got to say thank you to you, Ji. So thank you.” I looked up to look at him and he was looking down at me with a sincere smile on his face. I couldn’t help but return the smile.

            “thank you too.” I reached out to my bag and took a small box and handed it to him. “here, something to remember…this trip.” I almost said to remember me but I managed to hold myself back.

            “seems like we had the same thought.” He chuckled when he received my gift. He opened his bag and took out a long box, I took a wild guess that it was wine. “I bought this on my first day here, it’s a 1954 vintage, I think you’ll enjoy it.”

I gaped at him. That bottle must’ve cost a lot!

            “I can’t accept this, Kyu! This is too much.”

            “nah, I have two more bottles to bring home. it’s ok.” I was speechless. I suspected he was sort of a rich kid but to be able to afford such fine wine, not to mention three bottles of it, he is on a whole different level.

I wanted to give the bottle back but all that came out of my mouth was incoherent mumblings that made Kyu laugh.

            “anyway, I guess this is it.” he reached out his hand and shook mine. “it was really nice to meet you, Ji. And I hope to see you again so that, at the very least, I can finally get your real name.” he winked at me then he waved goodbye and set off to the direction opposite mine.

I was still in a daze about his sudden leave that when I snapped out of it, he was already a few feet away.

            “bye, Kyu!” I shouted after him. He raised his hand and waved without looking back to me. I smiled to myself and thought for the first time ever, I’d finally met someone I would really want to meet again.

 

---

 

Kyuhyun

 

One Month Later

 

Another day with the same old routine at ChoTech; As soon as I arrive at the office my secretary comes to meet me and dictates my schedule for the day. It didn’t bother me as much before but after that spontaneous day in Spain my life changed in more ways that I had expected.

            “…lastly, you have a meeting with Samsung at three to discuss a possible partnership with its new tab design.” My secretary Ms. Lin finished, snapping her folder shut as we got out of the elevator.

            “thank you, secretary Lin.” She gave a little bow as she opened the door for me.

            “would you like your morning coffee now, sir, or later?” she asked.

            “now would be nice.” She bowed and opened the door again to head back out. “good morning, Mr.Zhou, Mr. Lee.” I looked up from my laptop when I heard another voice from the door.

            “hey Kyuhyun.” A man with a bright smile came in almost walking like he was in a catwalk and behind him was another man who looked like he shouldn’t even be working yet with how young he looked.

            “what brings you two all the way up here?” I asked with a slightly raised brow.

            “good morning to you too.” one of my bestfriends, Lee Sungmin, head of the Human Resources department, said crossing his arms.

            “we’re just dropping by before going to interview some new applicants.” ZhouMi, head the overall design team, waved a thick file of folders. I realized Sungmin also had a couple in his hands.

            “why are you going? Isn’t that supposed to be the HR and his team’s job?” I asked curiously and ZhouMi rolled his eyes in an unmanly-like manner. He looked like he was about to whine.

            “the last two designer they hired for my team had no creativity at all, both of them kept referring to old designs and tweaking it to make it look modern. I can’t have unimaginative people on my team.” He said, Sungmin looked slightly offended.

            “hey those two had great references and their portfolio was impressive. They graduated at Princeton and Oxford for crying out loud.”

            “accolades does not equate to potential, I don’t care if they graduated at a rundown college as long as they have creativity and the passion to learn. And don’t get me started about those successful people with no college degrees but have very great minds.”

            “yah yah yah! Of you two are just going to fight, do it outside my office.” I scolded rubbing the bridge of my nose.

            “fine.” Sungmin raised his arms in defeat while ZhouMi shrugged. “we dropped by to ask you if you wanna sit in the interview. There’s this rich kid applying.”

            “rich kid?”

            “yeah, if I’m not mistaken she’s the daughter of that huge publishing company Kwon Inc., Kwon YeonJi, they own most of the major publishing firms in the country and even around Asia.” Sungmin added with a glance from a folder, which I assumed as her application.

            “if she’s the daughter of that company, what is she doing looking for a job here?” I asked. most of the rich sons and daughters that he knew always succeeds their respective companies if not the companies of their husbands.

            “I don’t know, maybe she’s trying to make a name for herself? She couldn’t want anything from ChoTech, this company and her family’s are too different.” Sungmin shrugged.

            “anyway she’s applying a post on the design team, more specifically the optics department. Her application says she’s a photographer. You should definitely come to the interview.” ZhouMi added. Photographer…that reminded me of Ji. I wondered if she was already back in Korea.

            “yeah, they wouldn’t know you’re the COO anyway.” Sungmin agreed.

            “I still have some stuff to do so I might just drop in later.” I replied, then my eyes unconsciously landed at a small picture frame with me playing the harmonica with the latinos in Spain.

Ji

She definitely is one amazing girl. A woman a bit rough around the edges but somehow it’s what made her so flawless. The way she spontaneously decides on something was her charm. In my closed schedule-restricted life, she was a breath of fresh air. I can honestly say I am smitten, I admire her character, her love of life.

When we separated, I really wanted to ask for any contact detail but knowing how’d she’d react I held myself in. when she called out her goodbye, I couldn’t even bring myself to turn around because at that point I might not be able to control myself and ask for her number.

            “yoohoo! Earth to Mr. Cho.” I heard Sungmin call me and I snapped from my momentary daze.

            “what?”

I saw Sungmin and ZhouMi look at each other. a sly grin appeared on ZhouMi’s face when he noticed I was staring at the photo on my desk.

            “thinking about the girl you met in Spain?” he wriggled his eyebrows obviously trying to insinuate something more that his question.

            “no.”

            “riiiight.” Sungmin said looking at me with suspicious eyes. Then he looked at his watch. “we better be heading out now, it’s almost time for the interviews.”

            “got it.” ZhouMi gave Kyuhyun a playful salute. “hope to see you later, Kyuhyun-ah.”

 

An hour into my usual paper work my phone started beeping off the hook. I ignored it and concentrated on work but when the beeping turned into incessant ringing, I couldn’t ignore it anymore. Still not wanting to talk, I rejected the call and just read the message. A few of the message were from my mother nagging me about meeting her friend’s daughter for dinner. Then came the texts of my friends complaining about how the applicants that turned out were not up to par and how they were too incompetent for ChoTech. I trusted their judgment and believed them.

I was about to toss my phone away when two messages arrived.

 

From: Lee Sungmin

            Hey Cho that Kwon chick is here. So far so good, she seems confident and knowledgeable.

 

From: Zhou Mi

            Kyu Kyu! Finally someone that shows potential! I will have her on my team! She may be a rich kid but she is definitely not a bimbo. Get your here and tell us what you think!

 

To have both Sungmin and ZhouMi impressed was such a rarity that it got me curious. Standing up form my work, I figured I could use the few minutes of break. Buttoning out my jacket, I walked out of my office and rode the elevator 3 floors down to the conference room they use as applicant interviews.

Walking out f the elevator I immediately see the long line of applicants waiting nervously for they turn. I raise an annoyed brow at some women who deliberately wore skimpy clothes that are too short and revealing. Sungmin and ZhouMi will definitely not accept those kinds of girls.

They all looked up when I walked past, some looked at me with curiosity, some whispered and I heard them wonder if I was an applicant too. But some thought right and commented if I was some sort of an executive as I confidently took my stride into the room.

The door made no sound, so my entrance did not alert the applicant with dark brown hair who had her back to me. There were two other with my friends on the panel from the HR department and both stood and gave a small bow to me.

            “sajangnim.”

            “ah! The boss is here.” Zhou Mi grinned. “you’re lucky, Miss Kwon, the COO of ChoTech rarely comes to interviews.”

I walked to the front and strode past the woman sitting on the chair. She stood up when she sensed me and gave a bow.

            “annyeonghaseyo, sajangnim.”

I turned to look at her and froze. That voice was familiar; eerily familiar like it was a haunting memory of a distant past. I didn’t expect to hear that voice again. My heart started thumping so strong that I could almost hear every beat of it. My mouth turned dry and I swear the boys were saying something but there was a ringing buzz in my ear as I felt all the blood rush to my head.

I took a sharp breath hoping to find my voice.

            “Ji?”

she snapped her head and straightened up. Her eyes turned as round as marbles as he recognized who I was. dropped open then she closed them again and she looked conflicted confused.

            “Kyu, what-“ she started but then stopped.

            “wait you two know each other?” Sungmin’s surprised exclaim rang out.

for some reason a smile appeared on my face as I turned to look at the woman I met a month ago in Spain standing in front of me.

            “not really, but I think we should.” I grinned. Ji returned my smile as my mind replayed what happened that time in Spain. “Cho Kyuhyun, COO of ChoTech.”

She graciously took my outstretched hand and shook it.

            “Kwon YeonJi, only daughter of Kwon Inc. now trying to stand alone by applying to work under your optics design team.”

As we shook hands I knew we would get to know each other for a very very long time.

 

---

 

hope you like it..im gonna keep you guessing on the spanish convo but if you like the trans i'll post it here..:)