Hyde

Hyde

Hana's Pov

"I can't believe he ditched me on my birthday!" I shouted while storming out of the house to the woods where he always was, it was also where I first met him. I sighed while walking towards the tree where we normally sat under. Looking up, I saw him sleeping on one of the higher branches. I started climbing up the tree, trying to be silent, but I accidentally broke a branch and his eyes shot open. He slowly sat up and glared in my direction before realising it was me and his gaze softened and smiled. I glared at him and jumped down from where I was and stood there waiting for him to come down. "Hi Hana!" "Hi Hongbin" I mumbled. "What's wrong?" "You forgot my birthday pabo!" I shouted and frowned before turning away, I started walking but was held back by Hongbin back hugging me, "I didn't forget, here." Hongbin said while handing me a small box wrapped nicely in wrapping paper. I smiled at him and went to sit under the tree. He sat down next to me, urging me to open it. I opened it and saw a handmade necklace with a skull on it, stangely there were two of them. Hongbin took the blue and red one and place it on my neck, he then took the black and white one and placed it on his own neck. "Thanks Hongbin, its beautiful" I smiled and hugged him which caught him by suprise. We stared into each other's eyes when I see his eyes flash red.

Hongbin's Pov

She likes the present I gave her. I can't believe she hugged me, I'm so happy! We looked into each others eyes and I felt a surge of pain in my head 'Not now, not now, not now' I said in my head and it stopped, but as if my own body hated me, the pain came back, the only difference was that it was 10x worse. I quickly pushed Hana away, afraid that I would hurt her when the transformation happens, "run Hana, RUN!" I shouted clutching my head. She didn't move. "Why..." I mumbled softly before screaming when my wings broke out from my back. I flexed my wings about to take of to who knows where, "wait, Hongbin, please don't leave." I paused for a moment before smirking while turning back to her 'She has to hate me, it's for the best.' I thought but she suddenly hugged me and touched my wings. "I love you Lee Hongbin, no matter what you are" I smiled a little at those words and looked at her."You have to leave me, Hana. I'm not safe to be around. I have no idea when my inner demon will come out and hurt you. I have a crazy person inside me.""I don't care Hongbin, we've been friends since young. Yet, you haven't hurt me." "But I almost did, when I first met you. My inner demon almost killed you.""But yoy didn't in the end, you controlled your demon and protected me countless times." I didn't know what to say to her after hearing her say that. I normally had blackouts whenever my inner demon get out of control. And right after gaining consciousness, Hana would come to my house to thank me for saving her from random stuff. I was always confused whenever she told me about these things.

Had my demon protected her? Did he like her too? I didn't know. But if my inner demon had protected her she would be safe around both sides of me. Without saying anything, I picked her up bridal style and propelled us towards her house using my jet black wings.

Hana's Pov

Hongbin had stopped talking after I said that he had saved me, he looked troubled but soon lightened up and picked me up and started flying. I quickly grabbed onto his neck afraid I would fall. He placed me in front of my house and left without saying anything. Making me wonder if I will see him tomorrow.

The Next Day...

I kept wondering about Hongbin. I hope I can still be his best friend after all this has happened. I heard the doorbell ring and went to the door and opened it, only to see Hongbin standing there smirking. I looked at him closely and saw that his eyes had a rim of red around his iris. I walked towards him cautiously,"You're Hongbin's inner demon aren't you" I asked. He didn't say anything. "I'll take that as a yes.""Glad I could meet you formally, Hana. Hongbin always thinks about you." I blushed. "How did you gain control of Hongbin's body again?""He comprimised with me." He said coldly. I just nodded and we walked to school with no more words.

A few weeks later...

Hongbin and his inner demon have been switching places regularly, also when we go to the woods at night the transformation happens more frequently and Hongbin just lets it happen, knowing that if his demon comes out, he won't harm me anyway. If we didn't want to go home, we would snuggle up together under our tree and he would let the transformation happen and he would let his wind curl up around us and we would drift of to sleep.