~2~

Suffocating Colors
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I woke up with the sun shining bright on my face. Rubbing my eyes, I grabbed my poor excuse for a phone and looked at the time.

 

Holy. take mushrooms.

 

“7:21am….” I muttered quietly. “7:21?! OH MY GOD I’M GONNA BE LATE!”

 

I scrambled out of bed and brushed my teeth and my hair at the same time. Grabbing my glasses instead of my contacts, and pulling on the uniform, I rushed down the stairs, accidently tripping on an empty beer bottle.

 

“Damn it…” My knee was cut slightly, but I didn’t care. I limped up and rushed out the door, getting on the first bus I could to school.

 

I sat on the bus, a bag of nerves.

 

“You know. You should calm the hell down you know. At this point, you’ll be dead before you even get to school.”

 

I looked over at Minhyuk and turned away. “You .” I whispered.

 

Pulling out a wrap for my knee, I covered the cut quickly, wanting to draw no attention. Praying that no one noticed, I looked over at Minhyuk again.

 

“You may want to get off soon.”

 

I rolled my eyes at him and gathered my bag, wincing at my knee. Just my luck.

 

“You always were a clutz. But… Be careful next time okay?” I heard him chuckle before I felt his presence leave.

 

Biting the corner of my lip, I ran onto school campus, right as the bell rang. “Damn.” I swore under my breath.

 

I ran by my locker, only to run past the group of boys from yesterday. Not wanting to get anymore late, I saw one of them nod at me in recognition before I crashed into someone, falling to the floor.

 

“Watch where you’re going, .” The voice complained.

 

It was a girl. Really by the look of it.

 

“Sorry?” I just rolled my eyes, stood up and limped to my classroom door, quietly opening it in hopes of entering without attention.

 

Heh. That didn’t happen.

 

“Ahh… Ms. Soyoung.” The teacher sneered. “You have finally graced us with your presence.”

 

I bowed, not saying anything.

 

“You will have detention after school,” he went on, nearly hearing my groan, “and be helping Ms. Shin Minyoung with her duties for the whole week.”

 

I stood up, slightly wincing. “Yes sir.”

 

“Now go, take a seat.”

 

I walked to the empty desk in the back, hearing people laugh at me. Words like “nerd,” “glasses,” and “Loser” made their merry way into my ears. I shut it out.

 

I was used to it.

 

I could only pray that the day went by quick.

~*~

I avoided seeing Minyoung today. I guess you could say that I had a hard time resisting the urge to talk to her. I don’t know what it is.

 

The ides of hanging around social people, just didn’t appeal to me.

 

Besides, I was already stuck with her for a week. Plenty of time.

 

I went up to the rooftop, only to see a cute guy making out with a girl. Where I was sitting yesterday. Ewwwwwwwiieeee…. COOTIES

 

I gagged and ran down the stairs looking for another place to spend my time. Walking passed the cafeteria, I followed signs that led me to the library. It was amazing.

 

This library was COMPLETELY new and, shockingly, was empty, except for a few people. I walked over to the empty table in the corner and took out my sketch book and began sketching. I groaned in irritation after a couple minutes, sick of pushing my glasses up my nose. Setting my sketch book on my desk, I put my head on my desk, giving up.

 

“Awww you look cute annoyed.” A kid sat down in front of me.

 

I raised an eyebrow at him. “Uh… Do I know you?”

 

“OH I’m sorry!!! I’m Sungjong!! I’m a sophomore…” He smiled at me, throwing me off.

 

“You’re really pretty for a guy… Did you know that?” My voice was a hushed whisper as I bit back a laugh.

 

He laughed. “Noona… I can call you noona right? Of course I knew that!!” He pretended to pout slightly. “I’m still handsome though right?”

 

I nearly flinched at the word ‘noona.’ No one had ever called me noona. Ever.

 

“Please, at best call me Sunbae. But… You are handsome, so please don’t worry.” I gave him a small lip quirk to tell him it was fine.

 

He gave a cute toothy smile, before puffing up his cheeks. "You look really pretty when you smile..."

 

I don’t like to smile much.

 

Makes me look constipated.

 

The bell rang and he pouted, tilting his head to the side. “My locker is near yours so we can talk later. Bye Sunbae!!”

 

He turned and ran after a group of guys yelling, “HYUNG WAIT FOR ME!!”

 

I smiled inwardly, bitterly jealous of his happy state. Groaning, I took my bags and book, standing up and dragging my feet to class, careful to be there on time. I could bet you a billion bucks that I had heard Minhyuk smile and L. Joe laugh at me in that moment. Smiling to myself and unaware of weary, watchful eyes, I walked to class.

~*~

Detention my .

 

I was stuck with the 18 most annoying guys on campus. Alone. 

 

They all were partying around like es.

 

There was one girl though. She was quiet and reading a book, sitting next to me, once in a while, sighing and biting her lip. "Whats the deal with them?!" Her temper seemed to be rather short. She looked over at me, her eyes crinkling up as she smiled her pretty eye smile. "It's nice to have you here at least."

 

I looked at her, confused slightly. "Hmm?"

 

"I've never seen you around before... Are you new here? Whats your name? I'm Minah." She stuck her hand out, looking at me expectantly.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter