Chapter 2

Those Brown Orbs

 

 

“Rainy day again..”she heaved a small sigh and looked out the window to be great by a lot of people fasten their steps; heading somewhere who only the knows. The thick color of rainy day in her town made she felt empty for some reason. She looked out her room’s window again with no sign of happiness. She saw racing cars and squirming umbrellas all over the place. Some of them even playing and laughing. How she wish she were on of them. She was so deep in her thought when her phone rang. The screen flashed Hanna’s name on it. She let out a sigh again for only god knows how many times. “She will lecture me again” feeling annoyed with the endless ringtone, she answer the call. “Keep it short Hanna.” She uttered more like demand while looking outside the window, counting the umbrellas. She felt like she got caught on flu and sure sick people hates getting lecture. That just make her sickness grows.

“Who are you to tell me what to do?” she heard the other side said and chuckled at her annoyed voice.

“I’m your lovely friend, why?”

“Yeah right we’re only friends when it comes to this kind of thing, you hurt me.” She heard Hanna fake a sob ‘such a drama queen’ she laughed can’t help to hold her laugh at her friend’s silliness. “What ‘kind of thing’ “she plays dumb, “You know this kind of thing” Hanna said and left a big silent afterwards. “No, I really don’t know. What are you talking about?” she let out a soft laugh “Nah~ whatever I’m not going to play along with you ‘play dumb’ game. It’s raining heavily here so I call you to make sure that you wear something comfortable that can keep you warm and oh also don’t forget to bring your umbr—“ “ umbrella so I don’t get wet. Gezz~ I know I know, stop acting like you’re my mother, on is more than enough” she cut her off and put a victory smile on her face.

Hanna is her overprotective friend. She is like her shield, even when she doesn’t need her, Hanna will always there regardless her situation; and you sure don’t want to hear one of her way to protect her friend, Jikyung, her heartbroken friend. Just seeing her friend stand by her feet alone without someone to lean one, pains her. She made a min set to strangle him to death if they ever bump into each other in the future. “Well it’s good if you’re already knows.” Hanna said; can’t help feeling defeated. Everything she did always become like an open book to Jikyung. She read it off easily. “Don’t you have to work or something, pooping perhaps? Go spend time with your Chanyeol or yada yada stop bothering me. I’m fine with my own ~ shoo shoo.” Jikyung said, defend herself from getting any more lectures from Hanna. “Okay fine. If that what you want.” Hanna said, waved her white flag.

  “Great finally, say 'Hi' to Chanyeol”

  “No bye. I hate you”

  “Ow that’s cute~ I love you too"

She laughed at her friend response and hung up.Their conversation ended. Usually one of them will start the bickering session just to piss the other one. Well maybe today both of them are not in mood for their childish bickering game. Jikyung stared at her phone quite a while, looking at the wallpaper. She let her mind wonder somewhere else; wanting to make the clock ticks faster. She placed her phone on the nightstand and walked to the window that facing to her mom garden. She looked outside, the people were still there. The rain was heavy either, leaving her hot chocolate that had gone cold ,she went outside without wearing a proper clothing that can keep her warm in that cold weather. Without her umbrella, she stretched out her hands; feeling the cold yet refreshing raindrops against her palm, a smile crept on her face. She walked in the rain and felt her shirt getting wet.

    “Who cares~"

it was cloudy and the air was nice and clear. She liked it this way, no. She loved it. A giggle escaped and she clearly feeling much better than locked herself in her room. After a while the rain stops. She could see her reflection in the puddle. With a light grey background she asked herself, why is she still here?

                                                     

                                                     

 

 

   “If you can’t put trust on people, you will never get anywhere in life.”

 

 

 

 

Hanna’s p.o.v

I threw off my coat the moment I got into my room and put the book on my bed that i just bought just now. The room itself was dark but it had the window that looked out onto a broad city full with lights. I sank down at the side of my bed, lying there in complete silence. I heaved a small sigh. I reached out and grabbed one of my pillows and threw it to the floor. “Should I change? Or should I not?” I whispered as I rolled on my bed feeling ultimately lazy to even open my eyes. My chest heaved up and down as I am trying to maintain my breathing. I laid my head on my pillow, the cold sheets against my skin.

                                 

 

                                             _________________________________________________

 

My head shot up. I hadn’t realized that I had drifted off until my phone rings. I shifted uncomfortably on my bed, trying to loosen the numb feelings at my right hands. I slowly reached for my phone in my bag. What time was it? Sunlight shines through my window onto the black sheets on the bed. I tossed my phone away and rotated my shoulder, trying to loosen the numb feelings. I then closes my eyes as I am trying to get my beauty sleep back. (which will never enough).

I opened my eyes as I heard the door squeaked open. I grunted and took a pillow to cover my face and muttered ‘no’ back to my not so lovely boyfriend. I heard he chuckled and pressed the pillow even tighter. If only I could kill myself in front of him. I could hear as he steps closer and closer. Then the sounds stop. I knew that he was standing beside me. Probably taunting me. I shivers as the wind blew through my opened window. Just as I thought about getting up and take a shower, Chanyeol voice up.

“Are we playing some sort of horror game? Why are you shivering?” he sank down at the side of my bed, careful to not irritate the moody bear more.

“It’s your fault idiot. Who asks you to open the window? It’s chilly outside there tch. I should have hung you upside down from a ceiling yesterday.” I curtly answered him and shifted my position to the other side; back facing him. He laughed and my hair.

“Come on princess, your mood swings might kill me and know this coming so…okay actually I haven’t prepared anything yet but hey come, I’ll make you some porridge!” He stands up and pulls me together with him. He laughs at my annoyed face ignoring the fact that I am mad at him.

“Okay maybe I really should hang you someday.”