Forget? Yeah, right

I Hate the View

Seungri looks out the window of his room. It’s Jiyong’s room, too. Only he hasn’t come back for a few months.

Outside the window is Tokyo. Seungri never liked the view. He’s afraid of heights, and knowing that his room is located higher than some of the skyscrapers is nerve-racking. 

 

But Jiyong loved the view. 

 

Seungri sees Tokyo Tower in the distance. Jiyong said that if he was gonna live in Japan, he needs to be able to see Tokyo Tower from his room. Seungri didn't get why. It's only a tower. 

 

Seungri sighs and falls onto his bed. He asks Tom, “Aren’t your feet cold? It’s sticking out of the blanket.” 

 

Seungri always sleeps with three other people. Tom, Laura, and Jiyong. That’s why he’s never lonely. There’s always someone to talk to. Except Tom and Laura can’t answer Seungri and Jiyong hasn’t slept with him for a long time.

 

Suddenly the phone rings. Seungri jumpes up, thinking it’s Jiyong because his phone calls are always from Jiyong. 

 

It’s Seunghyun.

 

“You’re gonna come tomorrow, right?” 

 

“Of course. I don’t wanna miss Daesung hyung’s birthday.”

 

“Good. Everyone else is coming.”

 

“Is Jiyong hyung coming?”

 

“Seungri... you know he won’t be. Try to forget about him. It’s hard for all of us but it’s been months since he die-”

 

Seungri hangs up. “I guess hyung is not gonna be there again, Laura,” he whispered to the bed sheet. 

 

He gets up and changes into his pajamas. They’re matching with Jiyong. Seungri chuckles as he remembers forcing Jiyong to wear it the first time. His hyung hated the panda print.

 

He turns on the night light before he jumps back on the bed, right between Tom and Laura. Seungri doesn’t need a night light, but since Jiyong bought it for him, he needs to use it, or else Jiyong will get angry at him.

 

 He pulled the blanket to his face. “It smells like Jiyong.” Seungri mumbled.

 

Seungri used to pretend to be asleep, just so Jiyong could put a blanket over him. Jiyong always smiled and whispered sweet nothings into his ear until he really fell asleep. 

 

“How can I forget? He’s everywhere.” 

 

Seungri looks towards the window. “I still hate the view,” he whispers to himself. But Jiyong loved it. He used to say it made him feel like he was flying, looking over the whole city. 

 

Seungri laughs. “Maybe that’s why he jumped. So he can find out what flying really feels like.”