Just Right

Like Oh! | Got7 Drabbles & Oneshot Request [CLOSED]

 

Junior.
Words: 1,462

 

It was past midnight when Jinyoung received a call from a noona he was close with.

He picked it up to a loud wailing. She’s probably drunk. Jinyoung almost laughed if she wasn’t crying in the first place.

“Jinyoung, I’m so tired! Please pick me up!” Followed by loud wailing and incomprehensible slurs.

“I’ll be there in a sec. Stay put, okay?”

 

Her eyes were swollen and bloodshot red from crying a lot. Suha was never good with hard drinks anyway, Jinyoung could tell that she didn’t even drink that much. But it says a lot that she was drinking in the first place. She hated drinking.

When they took the elevator to reach his floor, Suha was wobbling. She almost hit the cold metal wall of the elevator, but Jinyoung quickly pulled her close to him.

“Are you okay?”

Suha nodded. “I’m okay,” she said meekly.

“Just lean on me, ‘kay?”

“Uh-hm…”

Jinyoung helped her to his room and tucked her in his bed. He even took off her shoes and gently her hair for a while, because she was still sobbing quietly.

“Jinyoung, I’m really tired…”

“It’s okay. Just sleep here tonight, okay?”

Suha nodded. Jinyoung continued to stick by her side, her hair gently until her sobbing subsided and she fell into deep sleep.

 

-

 

When she woke up, the sun was already up. It felt warm in her face, she loved it. When she glanced at the clock on the nightstand, it was only eight in the morning. That was early considering how badly drunk she was last night. She had a bit of hangover, but she wasn’t in a bad mood. Maybe it had to do with waking up in an unfamiliar surrounding but knowing you’re totally safe. She had been desperate to get away from her world afterall.

Suha fell back into her pillow and drew in the scent deeply.

It smelled good. It smelled fresh and clean, just like Jinyoung.

There were soft knocks on the door. Suha got up to sitting position. “Come in.”

The door opened slightly. “Noona, you’re awake?” Jinyoung’s head slightly poked through the little gap. Suha smiled at him and nodded.

Jinyoung smiled back at her. “Good morning. Breakfast will be ready soon, meanwhile you can wash up and get changed. I had the clothes ready on that cabinet over there.” He pointed to a dresser across the bed.

“Thanks, Jinyoung.”

“My pleasure.”

 

Suha changed to the clothes Jinyoung prepared for her, which was a pair of a rather large white sweater and a comfy cotton pajama pants.

When she got out of the room, she felt a bubbling happiness to see Jinyoung in the kitchen. She was almost dazed just watching his back. He used to be that cute neighbor kid she often treated ice cream to, but right now he is just a man to her. It felt nice, just like- Suha shook her head, throwing away ridiculous thoughts.

“Do you need help?”

Jinyoung briefly looked back and smiled. “It’s okay. I’m about to finish. Just wait at the table.”

Suha sat down and watched with anticipation as Jinyoung walked to the table with stacks of smoking pancakes. Jinyoung smiled, noticing how she lit up with excitement. She looked just a little girl, even when she was supposedly four years older.

“Don’t expect much, it’s just pre-mix.”

“Still,” she eyed him faithfully as he placed a piece in her plate, “I feel so pampered already. When was the last time I had a guy making me breakfast?” She picked up a fork and fed herself a small piece, and with filled mouth, “I don’t even remember. Oh, this is so good!”

“Eat lots.” Jinyoung took the time to just watch her at first (because she was too busy indulging herself to notice anything else) before he started eating along. And this was the girl who was heartbroken beyond belief last night.

“Where is everyone, though? It’s really quiet.” Suha asked.

“They all went back to their hometown for the semester break.”

“Oh, that’s right. It’s summer afterall. I’ve been buried under so much workload I don’t even notice if it’s night or day. Aren’t you going back to Busan?”

“A relative got admitted to a hospital here. My parents will be here in a couple of days.”

“Ah, I see. Um, Jinyoung?”

“Yeah?”

“Do you have anything planned today?”

“Nope. I’ll be home all day.”

“Great! Can I just hang out here for the day? I really don’t want to go back to my house. I need some time to clear my head.”

“Sure.”

 

They chat a bit, mostly about random things like how Yugyeom had been eyeing this one girl from the Art & Design department, Mark and the girl who worked at Chatime, the buy-2-get-1-free Cornflakes promotion at the supermarket across the road, everything but last night. And then there were long silence, which wasn’t awkward, but it worried Jinyoung if she was getting depressed again.

Jinyoung put down his fork as soon as he finished his meal.

“Let me do the dishes.” Suha offered, smiling widely as she reached for the empty plate but Jinyoung was quick to stop her.

“No, let me do it. Noona, you just have a good rest today, okay?”

“But you made me breakfast,” Suha pouted.

“Just go watch tv or something.” Jinyoung ruffled her head. Suha giggled a bit and watched him retreating to the kitchen. She followed him like a little puppy.  Jinyoung chuckled to see her watching from the side, leaning against the kitchen counter as he did the dish washing.

“So… What happened last night?” Jinyoung finally asked.

Suha hesitated for a bit. She shrugged timidly and then slowly parted her lips.

“It was very… immature of me last night. I guess I was just too tired. It’s been a month since I worked over twelve hours per day. Our client is being difficult and nasty, and our boss lashed it out on us… Particularly me, since I am in charge of the project. He just keeps demanding for things that are way beyond my capability. I just,” Suha let out a heavy sigh. Just the thoughts alone pulled heavily at her soul, Jinyoung could see it on her face.

“I’m just really tired. I don’t know who to be mad at. My boss, or my incapable self.”

“Don’t think like that. For all know, you’ve always been a hardworker. You never give up before you tried your best.” He turned off the tap and dried his hands on the kitchen towel.

Suha smiled a little. “Thanks Jinyoung, but I feel better already,” her  smile widened, her eyes turned to crescent moons. “When I saw you as soon as I wake up this morning, I just feel light and refreshed,” she giggled a little, “I don’t know, but I just feel good when you’re around.”

The words she spoke just now sent his heart racing harder. Jinyoung smiled. “You’re not the only one who feels that way, noona.”

“Oh, Jinyoung, you’re the sweetest.” Suha clasped her hands together. “I really think I should not just laze around. Do you have any laundry I can help with? Or maybe anything you’ve been craving? I can bake cakes too if you want! Oh, last time I tried making red velvet pancakes, and not being smug or anything but I think it was awes-”

Her smile was captured with his lips, softly moving against hers. She felt her cheeks heated up as Jinyoung deepened their kiss, his body drawing closer to her and yet barely touching her. His hands resting on the kitchen counter, trapping her in between, and her hands awkwardly pressed against his chest.

But she didn’t push him away.

The kiss was soft and deep and yet fireworks went off in her head. To be honest, she had tried imagining how it would feel to kiss him before but was embarrassed at the thought, especially because she was older. But now that it was happening, it felt just right.

Though trembling a bit, her fingers traveled upwards, gingerly cupping his face. The kiss took her by surprise so she was the first to be gasping for air. Jinyoung gently pulled away, breathing heavily the way she was.

Suha was staring at his neck, because she was too embarrassed to look at him in the eyes. Jinyoung smiled, thinking she had such adorable reaction.

“Hey,” Jinyoung pinched the tip of her chin and tilted her face up, forcing her to look into his eyes. “How about we go on a date today?”

Suha bit her lower lip, nodding. She could feel more heat pulsating underneath her cheeks. With a shy smile, she said,

“Good idea.”