Capsule-

Capsule

Capsule-

Word count:1449

Character count:6651

Sungmin slumped against the old oak tree in his backyard where his boyfriend just casually dragged him to. It was hot as , Sungmin was grumpy and Kyuhyun's constant whining ain't helping the situation. Sungmin could have been in his living room, with his air-conditioner on full blast, just lazing around with a bag of chips in his arms.

But hell no, Kyuhyun just had to destroy his image of a perfectly spend afternoon by hopping in, like he had swallowed a cup of latte with three shots of espresso, a shiny white box tucked under his armpit.

"I'm not doing it, you're childish." Sungmin groaned and wrinkled his nose. 

"Oh yeah?" Kyuhyun reached into the other huge pink box that he managed to somehow drag along with him. Sungmin's eyes doubled in size and tackled Kyuhyun down, there was no way that he was allowing Kyuhyun to see what was inside. Apparently he was a step too late. 

"Let's see what we have here, Kyuhyu-" Sungmin thanked god for blessing him with quick reflexes as he clasped his hand on Kyuhyun's mouth, snatching his dairy away from that monster's hands, dumping it back into that pink box of sins.

"What the hell where did you find that?" Sungmin shouted, wagging a finger at that box.

Kyuhyun laughed and couldn't resist pecking the shorter's pink full cheeks. "That HUGE box sitting on top of our wardrobe is not obvious at all. Not at all, Hyung. And besides, I was the one who gave it to you." Kyuhyun earned himself a slap on the chest by an extremely flustered male.

That box contained everything precious to him, everything ranging from the last picture of his late mother to his and Kyuhyun's first selca together as a couple. 

Kyuhyun was seriously nerdy and derpy and awkward during highschool. Speaking of highschool, Sungmin thought Kyuhyun would appear in front of his house with a bouquet of roses, or some chocolate (Pringles are accepted too), it was Sungmin's first time being asked out by a guy he had invested some genuine interest in after all.

But hell no.

Oh boy, only did Sungmin start to realise how wrong he was when he saw Kyuhyun walking down to road to his house with a huge box in his hands. A ing box. No roses, no Pringles , no chocolate, no nothing. Kyuhyun somehow managed to come out with the reason that Sungmin would be able to store all his memories inside, with that, Sungmin snorted and rolled his eyes. But considering that the box was pink and that Kyuhyun made the effort to carry that bulky thing all the way to his house, he placed a gentle peck on the younger's forehead and muttered a soft "thanks"in gratitude. 

Now that the box was filled to its brim with memories, Sungmin really appreciated its existence.

"Just do this for me and i'll never touch that box again." Kyuhyun whined and Sungmin sat straight, his still on Kyuhyun's tummy, and jabbed him. "I swear."

"Why are you so insistent on making me place all of my precious item in that box and bury it?"

"Capsule." Kyuhyun corrected. "Oh are you saying that the first love letter that i wrote to you was precious to you?"

Jab.

Kyuhyun laughed, his eyes forming into upturned crescents.
 
"You're childish."

"You'll thank me when we dig this back up a couple years later, min."


"I'll do it with the price of five cans of Pringles."

"One."

"Fine, four."

"One."

"Three is my lowest."

"One."

"Fine then." Sungmin got off and sulked, plopping himself on the grass.

Kyuhyun smirked and sat up, running his hand through his chestnut hair. He knows better than to give in to Sungmin's requests.

Sungmin continued to sulk as Kyuhyun started picking out his own things that he wanted to place in the capsule. He hummed happily, pasting their pictures on the exterior of the box, decorating it.

"Fine. One it is."

Laughing, Kyuhyun stalked over to his still sulking boyfriend and gave him a backhug. "Knew you'll say that." Kyuhyun intwined their fingers and stole a kiss as he dragged him along to his pink box. With that small act of affection, Kyuhyun successfully managed to send tiny tingles up Sungmin's body, as well as get rid of that frown that was starting to cause wrinkles.

------

Three months.

Three months after Sungmin had left. 

Kyuhyun was sure Sungmin didn't leave by choice, it wasn't his fault.

It's just that god decided his time was up.

Kyuhyun didn't want to get out of the house, or move around the house much. He was far too afraid that he would mess up the house.

Afraid that he'll mess up the things that the sickly Sungmin left around the house. He didn't want to touch anything in the house, all of these items had been left at a specific location by his love. It reminded Kyuhyun of him, and sometimes, it was possible to even trick himself to believing that Sungmin was still alive, just coming home from work a couple hours late.

But he wasn't allowed to stay at home today. The landlord claimed that he was moving and refused to let Kyuhyun stay in the house anymore, even though he tried buying it. 

Kyuhyun moaned, he didn't want to move a single muscle. He just wanted to stay in Sungmin's clothes and be peaceful in his own world. Sungmin was the last 'relative'  Kyuhyun had, and it . Especially if you were an orphan. And it even more that the last glimmer of life that Kyuhyun once possessed was gone.

Gone for good.

Kyuhyun's body started to shake as the wave of reality hit him straight across the face,racking in sobs, clutching Sungmin's shirt and soaking it with waterworks, praying for someone, anyone, to help bring back Sungmin. Even if they couldn't, at least bring him -to- Sungmin. Kyuhyun was far too much of a coward to suicide, and living the life of a mindless zombie was only what he could do.

Kyuhyun cried more, he missed the elder so much. Now all of him that was left was just a star without its gleam anymore, someone without their soulmate anymore. By leaving, Sungmin completely crushed Kyuhyun, leaving him all alone to pick up the pieces and find a way to mend it up himself. Sungmin was gone. GONE. Kyuhyun will never wake up to breakfast in bed, or find Sungmin asleep in weird places such as in the bathtub, or get to see that gorgeous smile ever again. 

Kyuhyun wiped away the droplets of emotions from his face, imagining Sungmin's porcelain face staring at him from heaven, giving him the strength to continue yet another day without him.

-

The wheels squeeked a little behind him as Kyuhyun dragged it along forcefully. Then he abruptly stopped by the door, remembering something. 

"Mr Choi, i need to use your shovel."

-

He dropped the luggage carelessly, crouching beside that old oak tree. It has been seven years, and Kyuhyun couldn't wait to dig that box up and retrieve all of Sungmin and his possessions. A small, genuine smile graced up Kyuhyun's face, seeing the world for the first time in months.

All the enthusiasm burnt out when Kyuhyun dug out the box that was supposedly "treasure". The once glossy surface of the box was not tinted with black and dirt, full of imperfections cause by worms that managed to drill into the thick cardboard material. This box, which supposedly held all of their precious memories together now changed into an abyss of the residential for the worms and other bugs.

So this was all he had been looking forward to uncover for the last 15 minutes?

Everything was destroyed, all gone.

Kyuhyun sighed and gently tipped the box with his feet back into the hole, and buried it back, trying not to cry. 

This is real-life, Kyuhyun needed to step out of it. 

Sungmin was gone now. Gone and will never be back. No matter how much Kyuhyun lamented, cried, and shut the world out, he'll still be gone.
 
Everything they both left together as partners in life was just a fragment of memory. It was time to get over and carry on with life, with or without Sungmin in it.

Kyuhyun huffed, dropping the shovel. The box is now buried three feet below, just like Sungmin and their memories ; all buried deep down and will always hold a special place in his heart.

And Sungmin will be watching over him from above.