Crying in the Rain Chapter 2

Crying in the Rain

        All the members where surprised when they found out that the schedule for the day was canceled. It was raining hard so the girls overslept because of the cool weather.

 

      TaeYeon was the last person who got out of bed that day. It was already lunch and she knows that the other members are in the kitchen already eating, talking, teasing, and pulling pranks on each other. She dragged her feet sleepily into the dining area. As she was approaching the place, she heard the conversation going on.

 

      “I think she’s seeing someone.” She heard Jessica say.

 

      “No way!” YoonA skeptically said.

     

      “How are you sure about that Sica?” asked Sunny.

 

      “Maybe she’s just seeing a friend. Like what she said yesterday.” Tiffany suggested.

 

      “No! Guys, I heard her on the phone again last night. She’s talking with someone about… being in love.” Jessica stated with feelings. “And look, where is she now? She’s not here again. SooYoung doesn’t like to go out when it’s raining. But that didn’t stop her. So who can explain this?” The ice princess asked everyone challengingly.

 

      TaeYeon’s heartbeat multiplied by the second as she realizes that the members are talking about SooYoung. Is SooYoung really seeing someone? She’s acting a bit strange recently. Sneaking around, not staying home, and happier. Though TaeYeon loves seeing the girl smile, she couldn’t help but cringe at the thought that she’s happy because of someone else. Someone not her.

 

      What will I do now? Should I tell her how I feel? What if she doesn’t like me back? What if I’m too late? Her inner debate was interrupted by Sunny who faked coughed to get her attention. TaeYeon didn’t realize she was standing in the middle of the room spaced out, looking like an idiot.

 

      “Did you hear what we were talking about?” Sunny inquired. TaeYeon could only nod at the shorter girl, not knowing what to say. After a few seconds, she heard herself say, “SooYoung.. is she really… seeing someone?”

 

      “We don’t know. Jessica keeps insisting she is. Don’t believe her just yet. Sica could be wrong.” TaeYeon gazed at Sunny with hopeful eyes. “But really Taeng, you should make a move now or you’ll regret it later.” She felt a pat on her shoulder and found herself staring at Sunny’s retreating figure.

 

      TaeYeon went back to her room and grabbed her hand phone. Screw it. I have to talk to her right now. She typed drastically on her phone and messaged SooYoung. She gave her about 5 minutes to reply but when the taller girl didn’t she decided to call her instead.

 

      Ring. Ring. Ring.

 

      The eldest SNSD member felt that what she’s doing is ridiculous. What came over her to call this girl? She isn’t even sure if she’s ready to confess. She chickened out and when she’s about to hit the cancel button, she heard a muffled, “Hello?” TaeYeon’s heart thumped. Is SooYoung crying?

 

      “Yah! Choi SooYoung! Where are you?” No other noise came out in the other line except occasional sniffles. “Are you crying?!” The question came out a bit harsher than she intended but that was only because she’s worried sick. What if something bad happens to her SooYoung? That’s right. Her SooYoung.

 

      “Where are you?” TaeYeon repeated. This time, SooYoung answered, “At the park near our dorm.” She was there all this time? But what is she doing there?

 

      “Wait there. I’ll be down in a minute.” TaeYeon tried her best to stay calm. With her mind racing fast, she didn’t even thought through what she’ll say once she saw SooYoung. All that matters is she gets there and makes sure the shikshin is safe.

 

      Within minutes, TaeYeon arrived at the mini park. She practically ran to the place that resulted to her jagged breathing. She stopped momentarily, scouted for any tall girl in sight. And there she was. Standing in the small bridge in the middle of the park, back turned from her, wearing a hooded transparent rain coat. TaeYeon approached the girl slowly. The walk was almost a blur but she reached her destination nonetheless.

 

      “SooYoung….”

 

      The taller girl turned at the mention of her name and saw a soaking small girl, breathing heavily in front of her. “You came.” SooYoung said quietly. “Why didn’t you bring an umbrella? Can’t you see from your window because you’re small?” She said to the leader with a smile.

 

      “Ya! I forgot to bring one because all I can think about is coming here and the sound of your crying voice.” TaeYeon said sincerely, almost shyly. They gave each other a warm smile and positioned themselves leaning against the bridge.

 

      “So why are you crying anyway?” TaeYeon broke the comfortable silence.

 

      “I’ll tell you some other time. We should go home. You’ll get sick.” SooYoung said too quickly grabbing the other girl’s hand but the shorter girl moved it away from her reach.

 

      “No, we’re no going until you tell me what’s been bothering you.” Determination won over her shaking body. It’s cold and TaeYeon doesn’t want anything but to go home. Something at the back of her mind, however, chooses to stay here and be with SooYoung more. Because she knows once they get home, she won’t be able to talk to the girl properly.

 

      “It’s nothing okay.” She heard SooYoung say. TaeYeon gave SooYoung an unconvinced look, and then she remembered something. Something that she’s too afraid to ask but she’s dying to know ever since she heard it in the kitchen earlier.

 

      TaeYeon averted her gaze, directing it to the wooden floor beneath her. She took a deep breath and asked, “A-are… you really… seeing someone?”

 

      The question caught SooYoung off guard which made her confused for a moment causing her not to reply immediately. TaeYeon took the silence badly and assumed that the person she likes isn’t going to be hers. Because SooYoung didn’t react, the more she was positive that what she said is true. 

 

      “That person is really lucky… You know… To have you…” She fought hard for her tears to not fall. But in this rain, SooYoung wouldn’t notice anything right? This and too much of a cliché. Crying in the rain in front of the person you love who doesn’t love you back? How original.

 

      Just as she was going to go hysterical and cry her heart out, SooYoung started giggling. “What are you talking about TaeYeonie? I’m not seeing anyone!” SooYoung closed the distance between them. “And why are you the one crying now?” The taller girl said softly.

 

      TaeYeon craned her neck to meet SooYoung’s affectionate gaze. She didn’t know what’s on those brown orbs that made her blurt out, “It hurts Soo. And I am scared. That I’m too late.” More tears cascade on TaeYeon’s cheeks that mixed in the raindrops in her face. But SooYoung wiped it off anyway. The Shikshin gained confidence in what TaeYeon had just confessed. It’s vague but this chance might not come again. And if she’s right, the rewards will be bigger.

 

      “Do you want to know why I was crying?” TaeYeon nodded her head and SooYoung continued. “I was afraid too. Because I like someone more than I liked food. I didn’t think it was possible but it happened.” She smirked and TaeYeon let out a small smile. “It’s been so long that my feelings eventually turned into love but I’m not sure if that person feels the same way. You see, I have so many rivals for this one. 7 other girls actually, who constantly fights for their attention. Although I’m not sure if these other girls feel the same way as I do, it’s really annoying. I get jealous most of the time.”

 

SooYoung paused to look at TaeYeon, making sure that she’s getting her point across. Convinced that the shorter girl is interested, she continued. “Aside from that, I’m really scared of the fact that… I’m in love with… a girl.” SooYoung said hesitantly. She didn’t dare look at Taeyeon but she heard her say, “And then? Who’s this girl? Do I know her?”

 

      SooYoung laughed inwardly. Seriously? She still doesn’t know? Seeing the hurt expression in TaeYeon’s face, the taller girl had an idea. “I’m not sure. Okay. I’m gonna describe her to you and tell me if you know her.” The shorter girl didn’t reply. She can’t do anything about it anyway. If she’s going to give SooYoung away to someone else, she might as well get to know the person even through SooYoung only. TaeYeon snapped from her thoughts when she the girl in front of her continued talking. 

 

“She is the most beautiful person I’ve ever seen. She has perfect features, perfect everything, almost too good to be true. She’s funny, caring, and has a strong personality. She has a powerful and amazing voice that when she sings, it makes my heart melt. But her laugh is the most wonderful sound of all. Although she’s a bit short for my standards… it’s okay. That’s what makes her cute and adorable. And you know what; I like to a lot. She gets annoyed when I call her shorty or midget.”

 

TaeYeon looked at SooYoung incredulously. The latter reciprocated a wide grin that made the shorter girl’s knees weak. Then what SooYoung had just said hit her. “Soo… are you talking about—“

 

“Ne, I’m talking about you Kim TaeYeon.” SooYoung cut her off. “It has always been you and no one else.”

 

TaeYeon was speechless. How can she be so stupid to not realize that SooYoung was describing her earlier? But this is not the time to be furious with yourself. She just said she loves you! C’mon Taeng! Fighting!

 

  “Kiss me.” TaeYeon said in a whisper. The taller girl couldn’t believe her ears but she obliged anyway. Hearts were beating loudly from their chest, anticipating the contact. The taller girl leaned in and closed the gap between their faces, planting a soft kiss on TaeYeon’s pink lips. They broke off almost immediately, soaking in the moment. Both of the girls couldn’t fathom the feeling that emitted from the chaste kiss. But they’re now a hundred percent sure of what they felt about each other.

 

“So.. does this mean you accept my feelings?” SooYoung asked shyly.

 

“Maybe.” SooYoung pouted at the other girl’s reply but TaeYeon grabbed her hands and interlocked it with hers. “I’m kidding. Yes. I do. Choi Soo Young. I didn’t know you could be sweet too, violence queen.” TaeYeon laughed.

 

“Ya, that’s only reserved for you.” SooYoung said blushing. “Now, c’mon let’s head back. If you get sick I’m gonna kill myself.”

 

“But who would take care of me?” TaeYeon said as they walked hand in hand towards their building. Suddenly, SooYoung dropped the other girl’s hand and shouted, “My ghost! Race you to the dorm shorty!”

 

TaeYeon couldn’t be happier seeing her girlfriend (?) being all playful and lovable. She sprinted towards the tall girl, wanting to ask the question she just asked herself.


      SooYoung won of course with her long legs and all. She pressed the elevator button while waiting for TaeYeon to arrive. When she saw the shorter girl making her way towards her, she smiled to herself, thankful that her confession turned out well. But there is still a question in her mind that she wanted to be answered.

 

      “Ya! You’re so unfair. Of course you’ll win. I’m tired.” TaeYeon huffed as they both stepped inside the elevator. The doors closed with no one else riding it, leaving the 2 SNSD members alone inside. Taeng pushed their floor button and stood beside SooYoung.

 

      “So..”

 

      “Uhmm..”

 

      They both stated at the same time. They looked away shyly to each other but TaeYeon said, “Go ahead, what is it?”

 

      SooYoung suddenly felt nervous, her palms became sweaty and her mind clouded. But she knows what she’s going to ask. She mustered up her courage and said, “Do you want to be my girlfriend?”

 

      TaeYeon stared at her bewildered. She didn’t think SooYoung would ask her the question that’s been tugging on her mind. Before she can answer, the elevator door opened and TaeYeon stepped out hurriedly. They’re in front of their dorm door but both didn’t make a move to enter.

 

      “I-it’s okay if you don’t want TaeYeonie. Just ignore what I said.” The taller girl tried to cover up her sadness but failed. She still didn’t get a response from the leader. Maybe she doesn’t want to be with her after all. Everything was good till it lasted, like 10 minutes ago.

 

      SooYoung reached for the door when TaeYeon suddenly put her arms around the taller girls’ waist while she leaned her head on SooYoung’s back. “I-I want to.” The shorter girl said quietly. SooYoung turned around to face the other girl. “Jinjja??” TaeYeon blushed and said, “I want you to be mine.”

 

      The taller girl felt her cheeks get warm especially when TaeYeon tiptoed to kiss her on the cheek. She hugged the girl in front of her, feeling the wet clothes she’s wearing and kissed her in the forehead. TaeYeon closed her eyes on the feel of her now girlfriend’s lips.


last chapter will be up soon.