o2

A Dash of Trickery and Love

                You had first met Jin at the hospital on the night of your Aunt and Uncle's car crash. You had been crying from heartache on the floor by yourself while your parents were discussing with the doctors and Jin had silently slid down the wall next to you, handing you a handful of tissues.

                "You've been crying by yourself for the last half hour," he simply stated before resting his arms on his legs, one encased in a pink cast. "I figured you might want some tissues… and a shoulder to cry on."

                For all you knew, he could have been a dangerous stranger but nothing mattered. All you needed at that moment really was just a shoulder to cry on. You remember clutching onto his arm as if you let go you would lose everything. You held onto him for dear life and cried your heart out, for your aunt and uncle. For your niece and nephew. For your mother and father. You cried for everyone and he stayed by your side for the entire time, never budging or making noise.

                After you two hours passed, you had finally run out of salty bitterness to cry and could only sob loudly. As your sobs lessened, you could only think of how tired and light-headed you felt, you almost forgot he was there. It didn't help much that his voice was so soothing either.

                "Let me tell you a story," he calmly sighed as you laid your head against the wall, hands still wrapped around his arm.

                "There's this guy I know," he started quietly, "he can't dance at all. Most of his friends can dance and he admitted that he's a bit jealous of them, but he told himself that he wouldn't give up no matter how many times he fell. But one day he didn't just fall, he fell and broke. He broke his arm and was automatically brought to the hospital, not only was he hurting but he felt pretty pathetic too. What was it that they had that he didn't? He vowed in anger that he would stop trying from that day on, but on that same day as he was walking around the hospital, he found a girl crying her heart out, alone on the ground. He watched as people walked past her with pitiful looks without saying anything. He wanted to walk away too but she was in his way. Each time he tried to walk away he stopped because he couldn't just walk past her, so he waited. He waited until he thought she was done crying, but instead, she cried even more and he could finally see how broken she was. That's when he realized that what he suffered was barely being broken, it was just being pinched and he had thrown a dumb tantrum because he gave it his all but still failed in the end. So he thought, you might have it bad, but remember you're not the only one."

                "How is that supposed to comfort me?" You asked quietly as you felt your eyes begin to shut unwillingly.

                "I don't know, I guess it was more of a comfort to me. But it's just a reminder that we're all suffering," he replied simply.

                "Gomawo," you sighed, feeling a sort of relief before your eyes finally shut, blocking the world from you.

                You woke up the next morning, lying in a couch in the waiting room with you mother sitting at a table stirring a cup of coffee with bags under her eyes.

                "Omma," you whispered, voice groggy and throat sore from crying so much. You could already feel the tears welling up again as you made your way to her, falling into her arms.

                "Honey, you need to stop crying arasso? You're going to lose your voice." She sounded so tired and broken too but she hadn't had the time to cry like you because of all the arrangements she had to take care of. It made you feel even worse, knowing that your mother's sister had just passed away and she barely had time to shed her tears of pain because of all the work.

                You nodded obediently before looking up, letting your mother dry your eyes.

               "But mom, how did I get here? I remember falling asleep in the hallway," you asked as she gently your head.

                "A boy, SeokJin, if I recall had carried you here. I came out and saw you sleeping so he helped carry you here," she replied calmly.

                "Is he still here?" You asked, looking up at her hopefully.

                "You can go ask, and thank him," your mother said before patting your head. "You're father's still discussing so if I'm not here when you're back you know where I'll be."

                You nodded before thanking your mom, wanting to find a receptionist or anyone who could help you. As you rounded the corner though, your head strongly hit someone's chest as you felt a hot liquid splash your hand and trickle down your fingers.

                "I'm so sorry," you bowed before looking up, meeting his soft brown eyes.

                His eyes immediately widened when he realized he had spilled his steaming hot coffee on you.

                "Are you okay?!" He automatically grabbed your hand before rushing you to a single bathroom nearby, shoving your hand under cold water.

                "I'm so sorry," he apologized before bowing awkwardly.

                Your heart had suddenly gone on a rampage and you were trying to bit back a smile as you said, "No, don't be. I actually came to say thanks for yesterday, and sorry for making you carry me yesterday."

                You looked at you with an innocent face, making you blush before he smiled.

                "It was nothing," he sighed nicely before taking your hand from under the water, carefully drying it with a paper towel.

                "Thanks," you smiled again wondering how he was able to make you feel like you were in love again without even doing anything.

                "I'm Jin, and I like the color pink," he finally said before smiling widely, "I'm happy to see that you're feeling better."

                "How do you know I'm feeling better though?" You slightly pouted.

                "Because you smiled."

                "Eonni!" MinAh's loud voice brought you back to reality as you realized you had been sitting by yourself silently. You could feel the fresh tears still threatening to fall as you stood up.

                "Eonni help!" MinAh's voice got louder, startling you.

                You immediately jumped up at her call for help, you could cry another time. Or maybe you wouldn't cry at all. But it was a bit ironic, the guy who had once stopped your tears was now the reason for your tears.

                "MinAh!" You called out as you ran into the living room before freezing in your spot.

                MinAh was smiling widely, hands behind her back as she stood next to Jin, kneeling on the ground in a suit, MinHyo on his other side. You looked around in shock, each of the boys standing behind him with a banner in their hands dressed in suits.

                "Surprise!" MinHyo yelled loudly before clapping a hand over his mouth.

                Jin chuckled lightly as he ruffled MinHyo's hair before finally looking up at you.

                "Today, I, Kim SeokJin, kneel before you asking for your hand in marriage," Jin boldly announced, as he stared at you lovingly, "Will you marry me?"

                Immediately after, the banner behind him was unrolled, reading the words,

Bangtan Approves!

                You couldn't hold back the tears as they automatically spilled, as you nodded your head, uselessly wiping away the tears. The boys erupted into a loud cheer and began jumping around with MinHyo and MinAh as Jin got off his knee, pulling you into his chest. The anger and pain you felt was quickly washed away with the feeling of relief and your heart beat.

                "You still haven't said yes," Jin chuckled as you cried into his shoulder, clutching onto him.

                "Yes, yes I will," you laughed happily, "I will marry you."

                He smiled widely before pulling you back, taking a small velvet box from his pocket. You watched in confusion as he pulled out the same ring you had seen earlier and easily slid it onto your ring finger.

                "W..What about this one?" You finally opened your palm, remembering about the ring.

                "It's my mother's original ring," Jin replied before chuckling. "I planted it there for you to find."

                "You mean you planned this whole thing?" You asked bewildered, watching in shock as Jin simply nodded, a wide smile on his lips.

                "Chukahae Nuna!" MinHyo shouted loudly as he lightly pulled on the hem of your shirt. "Hyung planned this very well didn't he?"

                You smiled before smoothing his hair back, nodding happily, "Yes, he did. And he's a bad person for planning it this way, but I still love him nonetheless."

                You stood on your tip toes as you gave him a kiss, letting him intertwine your fingers before the both of you turned around to celebrate with the guys.

                But yes, it was a bit ironic. Who would have thought that the guy who had once stopped your tears would be the reason for your tears again.