Internship

How Long Will It Last?

"Horoscope, places in five." The backstage staff shouted as they hurried to the other backstage rooms filled with other idols, telling them to get into places.

"Thank you five." Mi Rae said, fixing her neon pink shirt, nudging my ribs to make sure I knew. "Ji Hee, you've got to let the staff know that you know you have to be on the stage in five minutes." I stared at myself in the mirror, deep in thought. This was it. After this last song, last conert, I'm leaving. I snapped out of it as Yoon Ji and In Hye started to leave the room and standby. 

I fixed my dyed, light brown hair aside and stood up to follow Mi Rae as she left to be on standby as well. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, holding onto the necklace around my neck. A custom made one. Given to me by someone special. I hope they'll be happy after I leave. He should be. I fixed my ear piece and cleared my throat, looking at the three group members.

My dark brown eyes stopped at Mi Rae, my heart aching with jealousy. Everything she did was more than perfect. She was an absolute beauty though In Hye was the visual of the group. She was beautiful naturally and I was average and would have to work hard just to look as beautiful as she did.

"Horoscope, places."

"Thank you places." I answered with the three of them. The stage lights dimmed as Infinite got off the stage and that gave us the chance to take our places on stage.

"Good job!" The backstage staff gave us a high five as I faked a smile and went back to the dressing room to change into my dull clothing. A large gray hoodie, dark blue skinny jeans, and a gray pair of converse. To top it off, I wore glasses, just in case a fan should see me. 

"We're leaving through the main entrance. Don't you want your fans to see you in other pieces of clothing?" In Hye asked, looking at my dull, but comfortable clothing. I faked a laugh.

"This reminds me." I turned to Yoon Ji to address her as well. "I'm not going to go back to our apartment yet tonight. I'm going to meet up with a friend for a bit. Don't wait up on me, Yoon Ji." Yoon Ji smirked, sending me a look.

"A 'friend' I see. A boyfriend?" Yoon Ji teased. "Ji Hee, you sneaky maknae."

"My friend would be insulted cause she's a girl." I lied, pushing her a bit to make myself seem playful. Yoon Ji tied her dyed blonde hair into a pony tail and laughed.

"Well I guess the rest of us will be going first. See you later!" Yoon Ji linked her arm with In Hye who gently pushed her to fake annoyance. Mi Rae waved a short good bye to me as they disppeared down the hall with our manager. I watched their fading figures and then slipped out through the back door. I made my way towards a black car (car service), waking up the sleeping driver who waited for me for 2 hours with my luggage in his trunk.

This is it. Once I get to the airport and board my plane, I would be gone for good. 

Two years later....

"Oh my god! Emily, wake up! We're going to miss Mrs. Smith's lecture on how to do a safe heart surgery!" My roommate, Caroline yanked me out of bed, causing me to fall onto the cold tiled floor and sit up quickly in response. "We're in our second year of college. If we miss this one, we'll have to wait another two years for this lecture again!"

"I know!" I looked around for a brush to fix my messy black hair. I spotted a wooden brush and ran it through my hair quickly. "Where's my ID?"

"I think I might've seen it in the bathroom. Go check."

After running around for 30 minutes, we made it to the lecture on time. Taking seats in the fifth row, other students were talking with great enthusiasm. There were loads of seniors but just a few sophomores like Caroline and I. Mrs. Smith stood in front of the blackboard patiently until the bell rang and she cleared , catching most of our attention.

The lecture began at once and Caroline and I had a hard time taking notes.Everyone in the room was furiously tapping their keyboards as the flimsy surface of the desks shook.

"That's all you need to know. This is the basics. You'll get more in depth next year seniors. Sadly, I will not be teaching you. Class is dismissed for now. If you have any questions, you may ask me as you're leaving." Mrs.Smith gave everyone a warm smile as they left. "Caroline. Emily. Hazel. Samuel. I would like to speak to the four of you."

"Yes, Mrs. Smith?" Hazel, another sophomore asked.

"Well, you four are the only sophomores to attend my lecture today. How would you guys like to get an internship out of this country?" Mrs. Smith sent us a smile.

"Out of this country?" Samuel repeated. Mrs. Smith nodded.

"It's basically an international internship. You guys seem to be so keen to learn. You guys could potentially learn more in a hospital. Mind you, it'll look good on your resume. I would've loved to give this opportunity to the seniors as well, but this is their busiest year yet. So, are you guys in?" Mrs. Smith gave us each a packet of sheets. "Here are more information. You can fill out the forms online. If you have any questions, feel free to ask."

"But if it's out of this country, does this mean we have to learn another language? Moreover what country are we going to?" Caroline asked.

"Any country you want that is listed on the packet. I can't remember what countries are listed in the packet. But it isn't required to learn another language. There will be people there that can guide you. No worries."

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

"No."

"Why not?" Caroline whined into my ear. "I want to go to Seoul."

"I don't want to go to Seoul. You can go by yourself, but I'm not going to go to Seoul for this internship." Caroline frowned and tugged my arm.

"Please? Emily, pretty please?" Caroline attempted to lure me in by using her puppy eyes.

I can't. I left them. More like ditched them. Without much of a word I left. I can't get caught. The commotion regarding my sudden disappearance just died down. Well, most of it died down. But not all of it. I can't go back now. What if I see them again?

"I won't. I can't." I answered, turning my back to her. Caroline sighed and tied her brown hair into a braid.

"It'll only be three months. We get to miss a bunch of boring classes here like human reproduction. By the way, you know Korean as well."

"Why not go to Spain then? We get to miss a bunch of classes too and you can speak Spanish." I argued. "No is a no. I'm taking this internship somewhere else."

"Fine." Caroline turned away from me, hoping that I would give to her "anger".

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

I sat on my bed, eating ramen since Caroline, the cook of this dorm was upset with me. I scrolled through the internet and filled out my form for my internship.

"Where do I want to do my internship? Spain or Japan?" I asked myself softly. Caroline was out with her boyfriend I assume since she got dolled up.

I opened a new tab and searched up the program giving out the internships. Clincking into it, it had links leading to several other sites belonging to hospitals that are working with the program. Accidently, i clicked the link next to the Spanish hospital link and found myself placed in a Korean website. 

Shoot.

My eyes wandered off and before I knew it, I opened a new tab, taking a deep breath. I typed 'N' and then paused.

What am I doing? They're not important to me anymore.

I deleted the 'N' only to type up what my heart longed to. 

NH Media.

The suggested searches came up with:

NH Media's Shin Dong Ho in the hospital.

Dong Ho U-Kiss NH Media hospitalized.

Horoscope NH Media Pulls out of their planned Japanese Tour.

My first instinct was to click the searches about Dong Ho. And I did.

I mean, what's the worse thing that could happen? It's probably just a drama he was filming. He was probably playing some character that got injured. Right...?

I was wrong. Dead wrong.

Shin Dong Ho has been diagnosed with pleurisy.

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

*So first chapter is out, yay! So U-Kiss hasn't really made an appearance in this story yet, but they will in the next chapter I'm hoping. Please comment! I love comments! So for the special member of this chapter is..... Yoon Ji!*

 

Jung (Jeong) Yoon Ji 

72401c628df3814978ad17444eca2b38.jpeg

Age: 21

Date of Birth: August 24, 1993

Blood Type: B

Height: 167 cm (5'6)

Signed Under: NH Media

Group: Horoscope

Horoscope Signs: Virgo, Sagittarius, Aquarius

Position: Lead Rapper, Lead Vocalist

Occupation: Singer/Idol, Model, Actress

 

Yoon Ji and Ji Hee lived in the same apartment and her love interest with a U-Kiss member will be your choice! Leave a comment on which member of Horoscope you would like to be! I'll chose one of you, to choose who Yoon Ji should fall in love with!