Tell me the Truth

Tell me the Truth
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Dear _____ ,

               You might probably think I'm a stalker, but I'd really want to assure you that I'm not. I have always wanted to talk to you but never could muster the courage to do so in front of you, and I'm ending up writing this to you like a coward. I'm not even sure if you would read this anyway, but if you do, would it be alright if I asked you to meet me this weekend at the Confectioners' round your block and maybe try spending a little time out with me?

Yours truly,

Your secret admirer.

 

 

------------------------------------

 

 

"The NERVE of this guy!" your best friend Lucy exclaimed. She continued on saying things like "It's not even Valentine's Day" or "Who even writes letters like that these days?" that you caught in between.

 

"Mm..." you were lost in your own thoughts while you were in your car, being driven back home with her after school by your chaffeur. You couldn't help but be bewildered at the mysterious appearance of a letter in a neat, flourishing handwriting with a mysterious "Secret admirer" signed in your school locker. It was like some Victorian era love letter, you thought. Even the paper on which it was written was scented. It really made your heart flutter. 

 

You reached your room and dropped off your bag on your desk. You jumped onto your bed and petted Leo, your German Shepherd pup who had already taken his favorite spot on your bed, waiting for you to jump on. You looked at him and asked, "Do you think he's really a stalker like Lucy says?" 

 

"wuff"

 

"Maybe she's wrong?" 

 

"wuff" 

 

"You're right, Leo. I shouldn't judge people without giving them a chance."

 

"wuff"

 

"Maybe he's just a guy who is a bit old fashioned like me?...I HAVE always envied the women in my Victorian Romance novels, you know..." your voice trailed thoughtfully.

 

There was a smart knock on your door as your family Butler, Mr. Thomson, came asking you to go to the downstairs dining room for snacks.

 

"Coming, Mr. Thomson" you made your way downstairs to meet your mother and the rest of the family leaving that discussion behind.

 

You had completely forgotten about it until Lucy brought it up again on Friday while you both were doing the classroom chores. "So what did you decide?"

 

"About what?" you asked confusedly.

 

"Secret admirer?" Lucy rolled her eyes jokingly.

 

"Oh! yes. I decided to give this secret admirer guy a chance."

 

"Well if you get in any trouble or something, I'm only a call away, okay?" Lucy said concernedly.

 

"Don't worry, Lucy. Leo will be with me." You flashed a smile at your friend to make her feel reassured.

 

 

------------------------------------------

 

 

On Saturday evening, you had no idea what to wear for this mysterious meetup. In the end, you decided on one of your long flowing skirts as you thought even expensive Jeans might be too casual for this sort of a meeting. Leo seemed really happy that he was getting to go with you and bounced happily all the way to the rendezvous spot.

 

The Confectioner's seemed as luring as ever, with all the smell of Chocolate and cakes and everything sweet. The shop owner knew you since childhood and you really liked it when she gave you extra sweets for being a regular customer. It was a small place at the corner of the street, with fancy little tables with umbrellas arranged out in the open, right next to the s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter