The Choice

The Choice

Sunny was feeling bad. So bad for what she did. She didn't know how things had turned like that. 

However, she didn't want it to stop.


She was sitting on the dorm's couch while reading a comic strip with a woolen blanket wrapped around herself. Accompanied by cup cakes topped with pink and blue colors, which were on the coffee table. She closed the comic strip and leant forward to grab one.
Head forward and hand hesitant, she was facing a problem.

There was only one pink cupcake and one blue cupcake.

Moving slowly her hand forward, she was skipping through the pink cupcake and the blue cupcake in a repetitive movement. This problem, which, as idiot could seem, reminded her very well her actual situation. The personification even of those two persons she deeply loved.

Caught up in her thoughts, she didn't see the person sitting on the other couch in front of her. It was looking at Sunny who was always staring the two cakes as she was taking an important decision.

"You can't choose?"

Surprised by this sudden intrusion, Sunny jumped a little and looked up to see an usually pair of eye smiles which were not smiling right now. They stared into each other's eyes a moment in an awkward silence. Sunny was losing herself in thoses brown orbs which were showering her so much love that all she wanted to do was kissing them without sense.
In a calm and almost inaudible voice, she answered:

"I don't know which one to choose for now."

Exasperated by the answer, the person grabbed quickly the pink cake and stood up, ready to crush it between her manicured nails.

"I can make things more simple for you if you want!" She cried out in anger with a shaky voice, about to burst into tears.

"Fany." Sunny called, standing up too and grabbing the hand who was going to throw the poor cake on the floor.

Tiffany calmed herself, looking deeply into Sunny's eyes and instantly relaxing herself. Sunny, her gaze always in Tiffany's, took the cake with her other hand and put it on the plate. She rubbed slowly the back of Tiffany's hand with her thumb, observing the perfectly painted pink nails. She kissed them, tasting the pink frosting on her fingertips.
The dark haired girl smiled lightly, letting the side of her fingers Sunny's cheek in a semi circular movement. The latter closed her eyes. She doesn't want to lose her touch.

She gazed the cupcakes again. Softly, she reached out to choose one for real under Tiffany's hopeful stare.
The moment where  she was going to grab one, they heard the front door opening suddenly and many voices talking at the same time, creating a brouhaha.
The two girls parted immediatly and Tiffany slipped away quickly towards the kitchen while Sunny was trying to calm her heartbeat.

"Sunny ah~" She heard her name, followed by quick steps heading towards the living room.

She smiled sweetly, seeing her girlfriend scampering towards her with her usually dorky smile. She opened her arms and welcomed her warmly.

"I missed you." Sunny heard herself muttered automatically whereas she was brushing her lips against the young woman's neck. "So much." She stepped back and looked at her with all the sincerity she wanted to show through her eyes. "Taeyeon."

Taeyeon smiled fondly and kissed her on the lips, placing her arms around Sunny's neck, eyes closed. Sunny let her be, trying to answer to the lips she used to appreciate.
Stucking her hands against the brown haired girl's cheeks, she brought a little more their bodies together, wanting to remember the pleasure she had to feel her against her. To kiss her. To love her in fact.

Where have gone all those things?

Sunny pressed their lips a little more, desiring to feel those tingling inside her stomach and the said butterflies flying away. 
All she was feeling was this bitterness and her heart squeezing slowly of culpability.

Huffing, she deepened their kiss, passing her tongue on Taeyeon's lower lips, asking sharply the access which surprised the other girl who gasped loudly. Dominating entirely the kiss, Sunny let their tongues meet each other and entwining to form a burning kiss.
She let, unconsciously, her gaze roaming on the side where she caught a sigh of Tiffany who was looking at them openly on the doorstep.

No, Tiffany...Don't look at me. Don't look at us.

In front of those despairing eyes and this body threatening to collapse, Sunny wanted nothing but to run towards her and say that everything was okay. That all she wanted to do was to be with her.

But could she really do it. Does she really want to do it.

Face with those questions which were making her more and more confused and angry, she let go roughly from Taeyeon's lips, leaving the latter open-mouthed.

"What was that?" Taeyeon breathed anew with a light laugh, opening her big eyes towards Sunny. "I mean, wow, but-"

The shortest cut Taeyeon with a peck on her lips and hugged her, wanting to feel her against her again.

"Nothing. I just...really missed you." She whispered in her ear but was fixing Tiffany right in the eyes.

She felt Taeyeon tense lightly, probably stunned by this rush of affection. She, then, returned softly the hug with a grin.

"I missed you too. I love you, Sunny."

"Me too." She heard herself say while her eyes were always on Tiffany. "I love you too." The latter didn't know if those words were destined to her or if they were one of the many lies that Sunny inflicted to Taeyeon.

Tiffany turned away from them, closing her eyes with disgust. She couldn't bear it further. She slipped away silently whenever she saw them together.

You are just a liar. A ing liar.


She laid down on her bed and curled up against the pillow the most close to her. At the scent she breathed, she felt tears obstruct her sight and eventually fall on her pale cheeks.

Stop thinking about her already!

She passed her hand on her eyes harshly, wanting to stop the tears. Rolling on her back, she watched the white ceilling, not caring at all about the tears now.

Why did she let her feelings out that night?

She has nevertheless resisted until now. So, why this night. Sunny let her cross the barrier between friendship at more when Tiffany put her lips on hers.

Because of this gesture, she had not only betrayed the trust and her friendship with Taeyeon but she betrayed herself, letting completely succombed by the only person who could make her feel like that. Falling in her s and bewitched from head to feet. Driving her crazy followed by those sweet words she muttered in her ear and completed by an 'I love you' placed in the moment Tiffany flied toward a new world which brought her in a sweet pleasure. 

A sweet mistake.

She came down soon on Earth when she understood what she did. Whereas Sunny comforted her saying that it was not her fault and repeated her with despair she loved her, seeing her exterior shock and her tears; a part of her felt neither culpability. She broke a relation of two years and wasn't touched by it. That's what disgusted even more of herself.

She wanted her so badly.

She was tired to feel this burning jealousy in her chest when she saw them together. They occupied all her thoughts day as night asking herself why wasn't she in Taeyeon's place?

Enough. The hugs Sunny gave her whereas she was still in Taeyeon's embrace the moment before. No. The kisses whereas her lips still had Taeyeon's taste. Stop. Stop hurting yourself, Tiffany. If you love her, claim her, make her yours. It's absurd. Tiffany put the back of her hand on her eyes.

'I love you Miyoung ah. You are the one for me.'

She felt tightening even more whereas she tried to swallow her saliva and sobs escaped her in a muffled cry.


Sunny was observing the girl's face who slept, head on her knees with a dreamy smile. She slid her fingers in her long dark hair, them in the length. She collected a sigh of contentment from Taeyeon who was probably enjoying the gesture.

I don't deserve you. Really. But, I don't know why...I can't let you go. I love you, so much, that it's hurt me to love her even more.

Damn, it's so confused in my head.

Sunny sighed softly, sinking even more her back in the couch. She peeked on the colored cakes which were always on the table, still non touched. Opposite to each other, almost challenging each other. She put  her gaze anew on Taeyeon's calm face.

Having both for myself isn't a little greedy?

She threw her head back on the back of the couch, fixing the blank ceiling. She was feeling a headache coming, making her close her eyes harshly and grince her teeths. When she was going to put her hand on her temple, she felt an another one instead of hers, her temple in a circular movement and pressing lightly on it to appease the ache. She didn't have to open her eyes to guess it was Taeyeon.
Of the many things she liked about Taeyeon was she always take care of her. Indirectly or not. Curiously, she found this same particularity with Tiffany.
Taeyeon's hand fell down slowly on her cheek she rubbed with the back of her hand. Sunny opened her eyes and put her hand on Taeyeon's, kissing softly the blue polished nails. Taeyeon smiled tenderly and raised her head from Sunny's knees to put a kiss on her lightly parted lips when she felt a vibration resonate through her pocket's jean.

"I need to go, Soonkyu." Taeyeon said smiling, seeing Sunny's annoyed reaction because of the call of her real name.

"I know." Sunny murmured and interlaced their fingers together. "Three days, that's it?"

"Yes."The other girl smiled sadly, sitting up straight beside Sunny.

Sunny brought her suddenly towards her and snuggled her head on Taeyeon's shoulder.

"I'm going to miss you. Come back soon."

She felt Teyeon grin against her neck and muttered in return:

"Me too, I'm going to miss you. I love you."

Sunny scrunched her eyebrows sadly, feeling a new lie sliding itself out .

"I love you too." She whispered while tightening her hug.


While Sunny was watching through the window the van where Taeyeon was rolling away towards her next schedule with the other girls, she felt a wave of relief spreading in all her body. the rest of the frosting which were stuck on her fingers, she felt two long arms wrapping around her and this familiar perfume making her head spinning. She let herself wrapped by those arms, entrelacing their fingers together. The young woman put her head on Sunny's shoulder, groaning at Taeyeon's scent which were still floating in the air. In her husky voice, she whispered in a needy tone.

"I want you. Right now."

Sunny shuddered at the breath on her ear and bit her lower lips, leaving her ear rubbing a little more against Tiffany's plump lips.

"And I only need you." She muttered turning her front toward Tiffany's while the latter tackled her against the closest wall.

Their faces were a few centimeters away from each other. They stared at each other a moment before Sunny murmured a quick 'I love you' which buried in their pressed lips. Tiffany drove her in a passionate kiss before she slipped her hands beneath Sunny's shirt.


Yes, Sunny was playing a dangerous game and the taste of the topping on her lips increased Tiffany's fear but remains however, a glimmer of hope inside her.

 

Fin.