END

Like

 

 

Donghae a 7 year old boy ran towards his playmate while calling her. “Dara! Dara! Look I have a new fish (stuffed toy)!” His playmate whose name is Dara which is around his age looked at him for a while then turned to what she had been doing. Donghae poked Dara to catch her attention, but the little girl ignored him. “Are you mad at me?” the little girl simply nodded her head. “Eh? But why?” he asked again. Dara was silent for a while then she finally looked at him and spoke softly. “I don’t like to be your playmate anymore because you like fish more than me.” she said pouting.

“When did I say that?” Donghae was confused.

“I heard you and your omma awhile ago when she made you choose what you like, the fish or your omma. Then I heard you said fish so it means you like fish than Me.” she said louder this time while pointing at herself.

“But you’re not in the choices.” Donghae complained. The creases on his forehead showed how he could not understand his playmate.

“Because everybody loves their omma than anybody else. Of course you like your omma than me. And because you like fish than your omma, you like fish than me too. That’s why I don’t like to be your playmate anymore. Just play with your fishes. Hmp!” she stomped her feet and walked away from Donghae who looked so sad.

“But I like you more than the fish.” He mumbled while looking at the little girl.

 

On the next day, Donghae decided to talk to Dara again. When Donghae went to the playground he saw Dara playing with two boys, Jiyong and Chanyeol. “Let’s play a game! Let’s play a game!” Dara excitedly said to his new playmates. “Hmm, let’s play imagination game.” Jiyong suggested. Dara and a four year old Chanyeol clapped and jumped excitedly.

By then, Donghae went near them. “Can I join?” he asked Dara in particular. Dara just looked at him so Jiyong was the one who answered Donghae. “You can join hyung. The more the merrier, right Yeollie?”

“wayt” (trans: right) Chanyeol said obviously acting cute because by his age he can talk clearly now.

“Our game is imagination game so we will imagine that we are a family that will go to the places that we like by that seesaw!” he said while pointing at the nearby seesaw.

“I will be the noona!” Dara shouted while raising her right hand.

“No, you will be the omma and I will be the appa.” Jiyong declared.

“But, I want to be the appa.” Chanyeol complained.

“You’re just four years old. You fit to be our baby, right yeobo?” Jiyong asked Dara while patting Chanyeol’s head who is pouting right now.

“What about me? I should be the appa Jiyong. I’m older than you” Donghae interjected.

“No, you just joined our game just now so I will be the appa. And you… You will be our driver. C’mon , let’s go now. Me and my yeobo will take the other side. While you and Chanyeol will take the other side of the seesaw.”

Yeobo, yeobo” Donghae muttered to himself irritatedly.

“Should I be with omma? I’m scared.” Chanyeol asked.

“Don’t worry my son; our driver will take good care of you.” Jiyong said to Chanyeol while looking smugly at Donghae.

 

On the seesaw their position is in this order:

Donghae|Chanyeol|handle|------|handle|Dara|Jiyong

“Now driver let’s go to the moon where our rest house is.“ Jiyong  instructed Donghae while pointing his hand upwards. While Donghae who looked so mad started pushing down so Dara and Jiyong went up on the other side. He felt mad because of many reasons. First he’s not the appa. Second he wanted Dara instead of this boy who made his sudden driver life harder because he kept on moving that made him worried that he might fall off. Third, he was the driver who did all the pushing down and pulling up so the seesaw will keep on moving. He was exhausted. Jiyong who hugged Dara by the waist was not helping at all. But he said to himself that at least he can see Dara’s happy face. If he was the one behind her, he probably couldn’t see it.

 

“Look I can see Venus now. We’re almost there.” Dara said while pointing to nowhere.

“And look yeobo, I can see asteroid coming here!” Jiyong said while pointing at someone. And that someone turned out to be his aunt which is Chanyeol’s mother.

“Stop playing now. It’s you and Chanyeol’s siesta (nap) time. Let’s go.” his aunt said who walked towards Chanyeol.

“But Auntie, I’m a big boy now. I don’t need to sleep.” Jiyong said who didn’t get off on the seesaw. But his aunt pinched his ear because of his stubbornness. “Dara let’s play again tomorrow, huh? Ouch auntie, I’m coming with you. No need to pinch my ear.” Jiyong said who ran away from his aunt.

 

And now Dara and Donghae were alone on the seesaw. Donghae slowly got off on the seesaw while still holding it so Dara could safely get off on her side. After that he immediately pulled out the new fish from yesterday in his backpack then he handed it to Dara.

The little girl glanced at him then asked. “Are you giving your new fish to me?”

He nodded cutely. “I actually want to give this to you yesterday but you got mad at me.”

“But you like fish.” Dara stated.

“But I like you more.” little Donghae confessed.

“Really?” the girl asked. A smile formed on her pretty face.

“It’s true.”

“Ah, I remember, omma told me that I should go home early because she will bake cupcakes for me. Come with me, I’m sure you will also like my omma’s cupcakes.” Dara said while dragging Donghae to her house.

 I hope she likes me more than her omma’s cupcakes. Should I asked her that or should I not? Donghae asked himself while running happily beside the girl that he like.

 

 

 

 

_________________________________

Thank you for reading!