One Shot

I Love You

“Girls’ Generation’s Tiffany and 2pm’s Nichkun revealed to be in a relationship”

 

Tiffany drops her head on the table only to rub it when it started to hurt. Taeyeon had been reading the main gossip headlines since she had woken up and everything seemed focused on the pair.  

 

“That wasn’t clever” Taeyeon laughed.

 

Shooting Girls’ Generation’s leader a glare she allowed her head to hit the table again, albeit gentler this time, inciting another laugh from the older female. Tiffany had wanted to hide the relationship for longer. After being friends since the pair had lived in America she had wanted to make sure there new relationship was long lasting before she told Sone.

She had thought the pair had been careful in avoiding being caught. But it seemed all media outlets were adamant to catch Soshi dating. JYP and SM had admitted the rumours were true straight after the story had broken. Tiffany was now stuck listening to Taeyeon’s teasing as she tried to resist continuously banging her head on the table.

She loved Nichkun. She didn’t doubt that but the comments on the article by netizens reaffirmed her wish for her love life to remain in the shadows. When the headlines about Yoona and Sooyoung hit fans, the majority any way, hadn’t reacted negatively. Even to Sooyoung who had previously denied her rumour. But all Tiffany had seen all morning were angry Khuntoria and Taeny fans who didn’t want the pair to be dating. That had been the main reason Tiffany had put down her phone. She didn’t want to read the hurtful comments. But that hadn’t stopped Taeyeon from reading out all the ones she thought, much to Tiffany’s disgust, were funny.

 

“What’s wrong with her?” Sunny into the Soshi dorm kitchen.

 

“The pair had been friends before they became a couple” Taeyeon read from her phone, instead of a direct answer.

 

A look of pity comes across her face before she reaches down and hugging the younger girls back.  

 

“Why is this happening to me?” Tiffany whined “Yoona and Sooyoung didn’t have this much trouble”

“Because baby” Sunny replies moving from her back and to the fridge. “You and Khun Oppa are both idols”

 

The day floated past with the three curled up on the sofa watching Romantic Comedy after Romantic Comedy. Taeyeon and Sunny took every opportunity they could to tease the distressed female. Tiffany’s only comfort lay in the endless amount of junk food the three consumed. Their peaceful existence only interrupted by text messages of support from the other members of Girls’ Generation.  

 

Tiffany hadn’t realised she had fallen asleep until her phone began to ring beside her. Grabbing it quickly she looked down at the caller ID. The name that flashed made her heart beat faster. Tiptoeing out of the living room, followed by prince and ginger, Tiffany walked into her bedroom, shut the door and settle down onto her bed.

 

“Hello” She spoke butterflies racing around her belly. For the past 2 years whenever she spoke to him she couldn’t stop her body’s reaction.

“Hey” came his reply. “How are you holding up? I was going to call you earlier but I thought you would be having a girly day”

 

Tiffany couldn’t help but smile. He knew her. He always had. They seemed to be two sides to the same coin.

 

“I’m okay” she answered “Learnt the tough lesson of not looking at netizens comments this morning”

Nichkun laughed humourlessly. “I learnt that lesson too”.

 

The pair settled into an easy conversation. This had been exactly what Tiffany had needed. The easiness between them had been why Tiffany had been so willing to enter the next level of their relationship. It just felt right. Even though she had been worried about ruining their friendship at first she realised that this was what was right. They hadn’t had to do the getting to know each other thing that new couples did because they already knew each other.

Their connection surpassed anything Tiffany had ever felt. They could speak about their problems, both being Kpop idols born and raised in different countries they understood each other’s struggles. They could speak about their dreams and aspirations, besides the other members of Soshi Tiffany had never had the courage to tell anyone. Tiffany felt like the bubbly Tiffany she had been when they had first debuted, the bubbly Tiffany she faked when she was on TV sometimes.

 

“I have to go” Nichkun says reluctantly. “Taec is home and he wants food”

 

Tiffany laughs at the annoyance in her boyfriend’s voice. “When will I get to see you again?”

 

Nichkun sighs. “I don’t know we’re going to have to be all the more careful now. But I will see you again soon. I can’t go to long without seeing my princess”

“I love you”

“I love you too”