Chapter I

Fragments of a Nightmare
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter I 

She was running. She was looking back, afraid someone was following her. Nayoung ran as fast as she could without stopping. She didnt care anymore, all she wanted was to escape from her misery.

Nayoung kept turning her head back and didnt see the stick blocking her way and ended up tripping. She panicked. Quickly she got back up on her feet but was pushed down again by a pair of hands. It was that guy. Tears started to fall as she kept crawling backwards, trying to escape but to no avail as her back touched the tree and she was trapped between the tree and the man.

The stranger smirked and pinned her shoulders to the tree. Slowly he pulled out a knife and brought it high above his head. His movement was fast while her mind was blank. In a dash, the knife stabbed her chest and she screamed for the last time.

Nayoung sat up from her lying position in her bed, screaming. Her eyes shut closed tightly. She stopped screaming and started panting heavily, eyes still closed. Her hand slowly travelled from her sides to her chest only feeling emptiness. There was nothing there. She opened her eyes and scanned her surroundings. Then she realized that it was only a dream. No, it was a nightmare.

The girl brought her knees to her chest and hugged it tightly. She burried her face on her knees, crying her heart out. Her cries kept getting louder and louder. She lifted her head up and breathed in deeper to calm herself down.

She glanced to the nightstand to her right and grabbed her phone that was on it. Her hands were shaking as she held her phone and typed in her passcode. She opened her contacts and clicked on the name at the top of the list. It reads, Moon Jooyoung.

Nayoung held the phone next to her ear, it kept ringing but there was no answer. She checked the time on her phone and saw how late it was. It was 0300 hours. No one would be awake at that time. Though she didnt give up. She knew it was wrong to bother someone else but she was afraid and alone. Her parents were on a business trip, like always.

The phone kept ringing but still no answer. She started feeling hopeless. Her tears started to fall again. Not long after, her phone rang. She stopped crying and wiped her tears so she can see clearly what was written on the ph

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter