Chapter One

The Real Thing

Sweat trickled down her pale cheek as she struggled with the weight of the books in her arms. She inwardly sighed in frustration. She should just have taken Kangin’s offer of assisting her on purchasing, which would have saved her a great deal of time and effort.

She wondered in apprehension if she would still be accommodated, it was already so late in the afternoon.

“Nooooo! I will never get married!!!!” A sudden muffled yell coming from which she guessed as the school director’s room, made her pause in her steps. The door loudly swung open as a girl with long brown hair dashed out of the room.

Bewildered, she instinctively took a step back just as the stranger ran past her, barely avoiding the impact, the books she held slipping off her grasp.

“Yah!” she glared at the departing figure who looked back with an apologetic smile, before disappearing in the hallway.

She huffed in annoyance and grudgingly picked up the scattered books on the floor. Her patience was nearing its limits.

Another person came up to her, presumably a student, and helped her gather the books. “I’m sorry about that. Are you okay?”

She stood up and sighed, holding her things more securely this time. “Yeah, thanks. Who was that?” She asked while looking down on the floor to check if she had all her belongings. When she saw nothing, she looked up to see the other girl staring at her intently. Although, slightly perturbed at the intense stare, she held her gaze. The other girl was surprisingly a very beautiful student. She looked very neat and well-kept and carried an atmosphere of authority around her.

This made her suddenly self-conscious. She must look so haggard from running all day. She felt her hands itch to fix her disheveled hair, but couldn’t do so since both of her hands were preoccupied with the books at the moment.

She coughed in embarrassment. “Um…is there-“

“Correct me if I’m wrong but are you Stephanie Hwang? The student who’ve gotten the highest entrance exam score this year?”

“I’m not sure about the second one but yeah, I am Stephanie.”

The other girl’s brows raised in amazement. “Wow, I never would have expected that your beauty will exceed your intelligence.”

Stephanie shook her head, blushing a bit at the statement. “Err, thanks. Though, I looked like a mess right now.”

The other girl just smiled. “I’m Seo Juhyun, the student council vice president of this school, nice to meet you.”

“Same here”. Stephanie said returning the smile. “Um, is the school director still here? I have some forms that I must submit today to him. It’s sort of important since I can’t really go to class tomorrow without these being signed.”

Juhyun held a contemplative look. “He’s not here. I’m afraid he had already left the campus earlier.”

“Eh?” Stephanie could feel all the energy leave her body. She hung her head down dejectedly. All her efforts today were meaningless.

Juhyun scratched her cheek and smiled sympathetically. “I think I could provide you an exemption notice, though. With that, you would able allowed to attend class with no hassle.”

“Really?” Stephanie said brightening in an instant.

Juhyun chuckled in amusement. “It belongs to someone else, but I guess it would be fine. Please wait here”. Juhyun disappeared from the room and came back with a green card with the school’s logo. She placed it between the pages of the topmost book Stephanie was holding.

Stephanie eyed the book which held the green card reluctantly. “Thanks, but you said it belonged to someone else.”

Juhyun nodded with a smile. “It is fine. After all, the person who owns that was the one who just tried to run you over, earlier. She would be more than happy to give it you as a token of her apology.”

Tiffany contemplated for a moment, her face scrunched up in a cute frown. “But won’t she need it?”

“…You’re nice.” Juhyun commented with a smile, her eyes sparkling with genuine interest. “Don’t worry, she’ll be fine. Where are you going now?”

“Uh, I’m headed to the girls’ dorms after.”

“Do you want me to accompany you there?”

“No, no, you’ve already helped me out a lot. Besides, I know where it is.”

“Right. Well, see you.” Juhyun waved as she walked off the opposite direction. Then, as if recalling something she halted in her steps and turned back to Stephanie. “Oh, right, that girl earlier. Her name’s Lee Sunny and she’s the student council president.” With that said, she resumed walking without waiting for Tiffany’s reaction, which was really not at all pleasant.

That person was the student council president? Moreover, that would mean…


A/N: This is my first fic so constructive cristicisms are very appreciated.