Awakening

I've Got a Secret 2.0

Chapter 1 : Awakening



As my dreams came to an end, I slowly opened my eyes but, quickly closing them due to the mid-morning light. My vision finally caught up with me, so I decided to open my eyes fully. I never noticed how bright my walls where until now. Pure white and bare but, the bareness was comforting in a way. A creeping feeling ran it's way up my chest and spread over my body. I had a feeling that today was going to be different.  

I wish I was wrong. 


 

Still laying in bed, I ruffled my hair. My mind was telling me to stay in bed but, my body had different plans. Giving into my body, I slide off my bed and started walking down the hall to the bathroom. Floated would be a better word since my legs felt numb.  


Something felt off. 


I felt that same creeping feeling from earlier. Glancing around me, I hurried towards the bathroom, slamming the door in the process. I heard a stumble from outside of the door. My mind responded slowly but, I managed to lock the door just in time.

 
 "Come out here, Tao! I got a surprise for you!" 


 Are you so serious right now?!  


 This is how my mornings normally start off. You'd think getting bombarded from my little brother wouldn't stress me out this much but, it is normally the main cause of my stress. Letting out a breath I didn't know I was holding, I calmly replied to him. 


 "Go away."

 
 "No! Come out here!" 


 "Sehun, Go away."  


 He began pounding on the door. The age difference between us wasn't that big. I'm just two years older but, he has the tendency to act like a baby.

 
 "Cut it out!" I screamed towards the door and replied back to his knocks with my own pounding fist. 


 Honestly, I don't think the yelling and constant pounding helped since I heard Papa slam his coffee mug onto the kitchen counter. Seconds later, a bloody curtailing yell came from downstairs. 


 "Sehun! Sit. Down." 


 His authority in our household was strong. Disobeying him was like a death sentence waiting to happen. He enforced his authority more-so when he was drunk. Eventually, I understood to stay clear away from him during those times. 


 "Yes sir.." Sehun quietly said as he walked back to his room. 


Silence was the only thing heard. Even though it was an eerie silence, it was finally calm which I found nice. Stepping into the shower, I was greeted by the warm water drops. It felt like I was being cleansed. Now I could finally think about everything that was on my mind. With a new school, a new job, and new friends; I hadn't really been able to concentrate on things.  

 

Moving schools was nothing new to me. It became a habit to move during the middle of the year; leaving all my friends, teachers, and loved ones behind. It got to the point that I didn't even want to make friends but, this school was different. A small group of people walked up to me and began talking to me. It was a mystery to me why they did that but, I was still grateful.   

 

Realizing time was slipping away fro me, I hurried out of the shower and into my room. After what felt like hours, I emerged from my room and ran downstairs to my destination. Walking towards the refrigerator, I saw a note taped to it. After five minutes of carefully reading the slurred handwriting, I finally made out what it said. 


Tao. 
Breakfast is on the table. Don't wait up for me 
Going to the Joint with Hyuk. Don't forget to make dinner. 
-Pa

 
Glancing at the table, I saw his version of 'breakfast'. Personally, I don't think toast and eggs are that filling but, this is Papa we are talking about. Looking at the note once again, I crumpled it and threw it away. It was pointless to write me a letter cause I already know what he was going to do after work. Him and his friends always get drunk and violent. Never has Papa said he apologized for hurting us. But it's whatever now. After years of this, all you can do is get used to his mess ups. Disappointment doesn't even register in my mind anymore. 

 

I think now would be a good time to call Sehun down for breakfast.  


 "Sehun! Come down here before your breakfast gets cold!" Silence. As I waited for him to come down, I came to the conclusion that he might have left by now. But that thought was soon erased from my head. We just moved so I doubt he'd even know how to get to his school, let alone walk to school. What is taking him so lo- 


 "Zitao!" 


Taking two steps at a time, I sprinted upstairs to see what was wrong.

He never called me by my real name unless he was in serious trouble.

 
Reaching the top of the stairs, I could see something spill out from under his door onto the carpet. Adrenaline was running threw my veins, which caused me to run even faster towards his room. I ripped the door open and was met with a horrifying sight. His white walls where painted red. Red with blood. It looked like something out of a horror film. I franticly looked around for him but, fear wrecked my body. I couldn't move. I could only look. Shadows where all around the room. I tried to focused on them but to no availability. Until, I locked eyes with one. It stared straight threw me with red, glowing eyes.  


I shuddered as the shadow started to approach me but, within seconds, it vanished. I couldn't breathe, which caused me to fall to the floor with a thud. Many thoughts where floating around my head but, I pushed them all away as I looked for Sehun once again. He limbs were tangled together. He looked dead. But I saw his chest lightly rise.

 
He must had out. 


I ran back downstairs to the phone and dialed 911. 


 

- End -