A Bet Has Begun

Rebel Heart

3rd Person POV

When Chunji returned from the counter, he was surprised to see L.Joe staring at him so intently. Normally, his bestfriend's eyes would be scanning the room for a possible target. The thought made Chunji roll his eyes as he sat down.

"What? I didn't even say anything yet!" L.Joe said defensively.

"So you were planning on something." Chunji sighed when L.Joe nodded his head. "Well, let us have it."

"Have you ever been on a date?"

The question made everybody else seated around the table freeze. Changjo was caught midway feeding Ricky some pizza. Niel's eyes bulged at the question. Only CAP did a better job hiding it, but he obviously also found the situation awkward. 

Chunji was only taken aback for a second, before rolling his eyes again, "ofcourse I have, L.Joe. I just don't find the need to flaunt it around like you do."

L.Joe stared dumbfounded, not noticing how the other guys visibly relaxed at Chunji's calm answer. Everybody knows L.Joe tends to get on his nerves. 

"Really? Who is she then?" L.Joe asked, careful not to add in and why didn't I know? because they were supposed to be bestfriends after all. 

Chunji sighed, "when were you ever interested in my life like this? Whoever the person is shouldn't matter, it was rather long ago."

L.Joe's eyes narrowed at the secretive words coming from his bestfriend's lips. How was it possible the nerd in front of him got dates?

"Well, then are you dating anybody now?"

Niel casually choked on his drink. Chunji gave L.Joe, and everybody else, an amused look.

"No, L.Joe. I do like somebody," Chunji gave a small smile at the thought. L.Joe found it annoying. "But I haven't really done anything yet."

L.Joe rolled his eyes, "maybe if you stopped being a prude and did the same things I do."

Chunji raised an eyebrow. "And then what? Go out with the person for just 3 days? No, thank you, Byunghun."

"I bet you won't get her with your... simple ways," L.Joe scoffed. 

Beside Chunji, Changjo was making signs that meant L.Joe should really stop before he does something stupid and something he'll regret. L.Joe ignored him, eyes focused on Chunji. The boy looked too calm- maybe even a little bit cocky, and it was unnerving. Cocky was supposed to be L.Joe's thing, not Chunji's.

"A bet?"

"Sure, Chanhee," L.Joe smirked. "You have to get your girl using your plain ways, I'll give you a month. If you don't, then I win." 

"I'm not telling you who the person is though," Chunji said, smiling. "The other guys can judge."

'The other guys' who were just now deeply engrossed in the conversation infront of them, all pretended to do something else. Changjo knew L.Joe was bound to lose- Chunji never made bets he didn't win. Ricky noticed something fishy was up when Chunji would only repeatedly use the person, even if L.Joe kept referring to a she. Niel rarely saw Chunji be so calm about a topic like dating. CAP just knew L.Joe's plan was stupid.

"She can't know you like her already. That would be cheating."

"This person can be very clueless," Chunji replied with a grin. "I'll tell the guys who. Stand over at the counter."

When L.Joe sauntered over to the counter, Chunji turned to the rest of his friends. He had a twinkle in his eyes, a sign of mischief that rarely appeared.

"Hyung," Ricky started nervously, "are you sure about this bet?"

"Changhyun, you know he is," Niel said, eyeing Chunji as if trying to read his mind. "So who is this... person?"

Chunji smiled at the usage of gender neutral term, like what he has been doing. 

"I thought you'd never ask."

~*~

Dundundun~

Thanks to all who subscribed and sorry this took so long :c

I do, however, have a NAP fanfic on-going (although I already planned it out to be short.)

Also a new Chunjoe idea is brewing in my head but I really should finish this first -u-

Have some of this ♥