Chapter 2

Once or Twice
  ▬ chapter 
 two 
 
 
krystal

One rainy Monday; Sulli was babbling about how I should answer this guy who’s been crushing on me since the 7th Grade. I knew what he looked like but never his name and his personality.

With school works, college exams and dance workshops, I’ve never been minding my love life and in fact, I couldn’t care less about it. “Why should I answer him?” I said, closing the new locker I got.

The taller girl pouted “Because,” Sulli was cut off by some other guy. He was standing right behind me. “Krystal Jung!” he shouted.

My eyebrows pinched together, directly faced the guy and said “Oh, Choi Minho. What?”

He takes a step forward. I stared at his dazzling puppy eyes. “You got accepted. Will you go on a date with me right now?”

“Excuse me,” I put a cold face on and my mouth formed a straight line. My hands reached his shoulder and slowly, I shoved it. “It’s the first day and you’re ruining it.”

I head on to the Registrar’s office to get my schedule while Sulli was tailing me. She was behind me not until we arrive outside, going to the next building; she put an arm around me and began talking. “You’re a very sassy person on the outside, right?”

My eyes couldn’t look at her because it was true. On the outside world, I was a miss-know-it-all brat who acts sassy and cute at the same time who lives a princess-like life but life at home, I was always the silent one who gets to listen to my parent’s fight and my sister’s complaining about every single thing I do.

“That makes you cool.” Sulli smiles. And a smile grows on my face as well, “Why?”

“Ahhh! Oppa!”

“Kai Oppa!”

“SARANGHAE~”

“Oppa, let’s take a picture.”

I heard screams and squeals everywhere. Both Sulli and I looked to registrar’s office where the noise was coming from. The area was filled with girls, forming a circular group surrounding a person. I look back at Sulli who seems interested in the fuss that the girls are rambling about.

With me, being uninterested, I started walking towards the window where there was no line and where the girls are to be avoided. “Schedule, please. Jung SooJung.” I said to the staff in charge of the schedules.

I look behind where the girls were still chanting and screaming. It was a man in the middle of the crowd. He had brown messy hair with a cap on and his stature was fine. I couldn’t possibly see his face; all I see are girls’ hair and their hand phones being raised up. He must be a celebrity then.

“Jung SooJung?” she asked and looked at me. I faced back to the window and nodded. “Here’s your schedule.” She said, sliding the piece of paper on the horizontal hole.

“Thank you!” I bowed my head once and reached for the schedule. Going back to the building, I was observing my schedule and I wasn’t aware of anything on my way. Unluckily, I bump onto a guy who was also holding his schedule. “Oh, sorry.” He said.

I stood up and grabbed my schedule. “Watch where you’re going next time.” I shot a look at him.

His brows narrowed in, “Look, I said I was sorry.” He said and took the paper on the floor.

“Yeah, you should be.” I rolled my eyes at him and I noticed, he’s standing there with hundreds of girls behind him. Wait, could he be the celebrity in that circle? Aish, It couldn’t be him. He doesn’t look familiar at all. He looked like a normal teenager to me.

He tilted his head and folded his arms. Is he trying to be cool? “Aren’t you going to say sorry?” he said.

One of my eyebrows rose up and walked closer to him. “Aren’t you going to be careful?”  And all he did then was smirk at me and left with the girls following him to wherever he was going.

“Look at her.”

“Yeah, she’s trying to lure the star. What a flirt.” I heard two voices from the background. I faced them, they were talking about me and I couldn’t let that happen. “What?” I glared at their presence.

“Just because your sister is a famous person, doesn’t mean you can also talk to another celebrity.” The girl on the left said.

“Why can’t you be more like your sister? So pretty, nice and very talented.” the girl’s friend butted in and walked away as soon as the last word was said.

Sulli was in sight and she approached me, holding both of my shoulders. “Are you okay?”

“I’m fine.” I peeked at my schedule. Kim Jongin

Oh no. What’s this? Why is my schedule named “Kim Jongin”

“Sulli-ah! I got my schedule mixed with this guy.” I showed her the schedule.

Her jaw dropped and her eyes smiled like horizontal crescents.  “Jongin?”

I had a very positive feeling that this Jongin is a celebrity. I feel like a caveman for not knowing whom this guy is. I mean, a lot of girls were chasing him and even my friend, Sulli, knows him.

“Who’s this Jongin?”

Sulli squeals and her fingers curve into a ball and I could see her eye smile again. She was a fan of this “Jongin” guy. But she pouts in the end and asks “Don’t you know EXO?”

My head tilts because the name sounds familiar. That’s it!  I remember EXO, from the same company as my sister’s. “I’ve heard of them, yes. But I’m not really interested in those boys.”

“Wow, you got to exchange your schedules with Kai! Exo’s visual and dancer.” Sulli says with her hands held together as if it was a glorious thing to happen to a person.

To me, it was normal. He is normal and bumping to each other and having to exchange schedules are also normal events that can happen to any another human. I just don’t get the excitement about it.

“You got Kai’s schedule?” a high-pitched voice said from behind.

Sulli and I faced the person. It was Yura, our schoolmate before and now, our colleague. She was a fan girl and a flirt way back in high school. We’re not that close but we do talk at times.

“Problem?” Sulli glared at her.

“You see,” Yura struts to us. “I’m a big fan of Kai oppa.” She smiled sheepishly.

“I see where you’re getting at.” I folded my arms and looked at her from head to toe.

Yura smiles and lends her hand out. “I can exchange your schedules back. I saw how Kai got on your nerve.”

“Fine.” I handed her the paper. “You better return my schedule back. I want to be nowhere near that guy.”

I heard Sulli pout and cried like a puppy.

Yura held his schedule, fixed her hair and walked to building where Kai was headed a few moments ago. “Why do you guys squeal for that kind of man? He’s very arrogant.”

“No, he wasn’t. It was just you, Soojung.” My friend hit my arm softly.

 
 author's note 
 
» 10+ subs with just one chapter :) thank you.