Sweet like Candy

Sweet like Candy

“Looks...like you...lost.” The rapper spoke where he could between breaths. A cat like grin spreading across his face.

 

“That's only...because you...are...taller.” I could barely get out any words, my hands rested on my knees as I tried to catch my breath. There was mostly silence between us for a moment, nothing but our heavy breathing filling the air.

 

“Deal's a deal.” Jaeseop stood tall, stretching his long arms and bending his waist. He was practically rubbing the height difference in my face.

 

“Fine.” I stood to my full height as well, having finally catch my breath. “Next time though, we wont do something like this with running. Can't believe I agreed to something like this, god so stupid.” I mumbled mostly to myself. By taking one look to my left, I could see the smile on the other rapper's face and I could tell he heard me.

 

“Well, wanna know what you have to do? We didn't decide beforehand. I guess you wanted time to think of something nasty if you miraculously won.” I said nothing to the rude comment, but made sure he noticed the disapproval plainly on my face. “How about this? You confess to Kiseop.”

 

How the hell did he know?! A huff of air brushed past my lips and I folded my arms across my chest. I could feel my face warm up, so I turned away a bit. I didn't want to give Jaeseop the satisfaction of seeing me blush. “Confess what? It's not like I like him or anything.”

 

“No, you don't.” I turned back around at the other's statement, watching as the rapper's cat like grin seem to widen. “You love him.” Jaeseop being sure to add emphasis on the word in the middle.

 

“No, I don't.”

 

“Yes you do. Do you hear yourself when Kiseop isn't in the room? Kiseop this. Kiseop that. 'He's so weird.' 'He's so cute.' Blah blah blah. All you do is talk about him.”

 

“I don't sound like that...” I quietly corrected.

 

“Uh huh, okay sure.” Sarcasm practically dripping from the brunette's words. “Just do it.”

 

“But...Jaeseop~” I wiggled my body and lightly stomped in place, whining in protest. Honestly, I would probably do anything else besides confess. Hell, I'll kiss him first before confessing, though that would most likely make things awkward.

 

“God, you're starting to act like him too. Do it or I'm mentioning this to Soohyun. You don't want him upset about you breaking a deal.” I could feel a light shiver run up my spine. The leader was strict when it came to promises and deals.

 

“Fi-Fine.”

 

♣♣♣

 

“So, what are we doing?” I took in our surroundings, watching groups of people flooding in and out of shops, crowding the hallways of the mall.

 

“Kiseop and Kevin are here. They should be coming by any minute. We pretend like we met here by accident. We group together and walk around for a bit. Suddenly Kevin and I will have some urgent business to take care of and we leave. Then, he'll be all yours. We'll probably end up coming back though or Kevin might keep texting you. He's going to know what happened as soon as possible.”

 

“Of course.” I mumbled under my breath, just as a redhead and another brunette came by.

 

“Oh! Hi guys, didn't know you were here too?!” Kevin sounded nothing else but obvious. I was tempted to shake my head and facepalm, but something caught my attention. A certain angel flashed me one of his breath taking smiles. I returned a smile of my own, probably looking like a dork.

 

“Yeah, just hangin'. We should hang together, we're only really window shopping.” We all start walking, not taking long to fall into step with each other. Aj and Kevin in front and myself and Kiseop behind. They were chatting, but Kiseop and I kept quiet. I stole glances of my fellow bandmate whenever I didn't think he wasn't looking. He was biting on his bottom lip, his dark eyes watching a store. My own eyes followed and I could feel my mouth spread into a smile. It was a candy shop, of course. Alright let's do this!

 

“Uh, Kiseop, do you want to go to that shop?” He looked to me, his teeth finally letting go of his lip. I couldn't help but watch for just a moment.

 

“Um, well only if everyone else does...” By now Kevin and Aj had turned around. Aj smirking at me and Kevin smiling at Kiseop.

 

“Actually Aj and I have to...use the bathroom! Go ahead you two. We'll meet you in a moment.” Kevin took Jaeseop's hand and ran off, just leaving us two. My nerves were suddenly getting to me and I wanted to run off with them, but there was no way I was going to leave Kiseop alone. What kind of friend does that?

 

“C'mon Eli, let's get some candy.” A gentle voice woke me from my thoughts. And a hand took a hold of mine, pulling me towards the store. The interior of the small shop was pure white, the floors, the walls, the ceiling, and even the counter. The workers wore white aprons and candy, mostly chocolate lined the shelves in the walls.“Wow...Look at all this chocolate, Eli!” How is this the first time I've been in here?! The shop will probably be the death of me or at least my wallet. I seriously wanted everything. “Let's get a big box and share with Kevin and Aj.” I nod at his words, thinking it's a great idea.

 

We buy our chocolate and head outside the shop. There's a bench just a little ways down, so we took a seat and waited for the other two to return. This is my chance and I can already feel the butterflies. My eyes fall on the boy before me, his beautiful form and his gorgeous smile as he opened the big box of chocolate. He looked at it, like a small child would at a new gift.

 

“Kiseop, I have a surprise for you. Close your eyes.” The ulzzang did. I knew he would. He did these sort of things without question, too trusting for his own good. I was going to give him some of the chocolate, but I figured right now would be a good chance to confess. By now I was growing confident. The rest of the band always made it seem like Kiseop liked me back. Maybe they were right. It was difficult to think straight near him and I was probably missing the obvious signs. Kiseop opened his mouth, as if he was about to say something, but he closed his lips again. Guess I was taking too long.

 

I took a deep breath trying to stay quiet, so the beautiful boy in front of me wouldn't worry. I leaned forward, possibly to slow, because just when I was closing my eyes I noticed Kiseop peeking. I wasn't going to stop though.

 

I couldn't.

 

I was a bit tense when our lips met and his body stiffen as well. But after a moment, we both relaxed. His lips moved gently against mine. And we both kept that gentle rubbing going, neither of us ready to deepen the kiss. The kiss for me, was much too short. Once over, I waited just a bit with my eyes shut closed. I was dazed, and a bit nervous of how Kiseop would respond. All the confidence I had just fell out of the nearest window.

 

I felt his forehead rest against mine and that's when I finally opened my eyes. He was watching me, his gaze intent and a light pink against his cheeks. I couldn't read his expression. My voice seemed caught in my throat. He spoke first.

 

“Eli...” His dark eyes did not waver and seem to stare into my very soul. He his lips, but I only caught the motion on the edge of my vision, my own eyes stuck on peering into his. Slowly the corners of his lips turned up into a grin. “You taste sweet, like candy.”

 

Gosh Kiseop, you are so weird.

 

I was grinning with him too, while I shook my head. “No, you taste sweeter.” But soon my grin fell. I had to be sure. “So, do you like me?”

 

“Mmhm.” He sat back. “More than Kevin likes Aj.” He opened the box and pulled out a piece of candy, offering it to me. “Want some chocolate, babe?” A giggle left his lips at the sound of his own voice using the pet name.  

 


The End~!

Hope everyone enjoyed it~

It was so fun to write x3