Chapter 18 : A Misunderstanding

I saw you. I liked you. I loved you.

[HyoYeon POV]

Everyone crowded around me as I looked around. Gyuri started to leave the room and I tried to get out of my bed to talk to her.

"Don't." I felt pairs of hands holding me down and EunHyuk spoke, "You don't want to get up just yet."

"Why?" I was quite curious then I felt a rush of blood flow in my head. "Oh." And I fell back on my bed.

He chuckled at me and my head. 

"Gyuri." I tried to speak loudly, but the words came out soft and barely loud enough for anyone to hear.

Everyone looked around to find her and but she was already out the door.

"Shouldn't we stop her? Or do something?" Someone in Super Junior said.

"Yeah. SiWon and KangIn, can you go get her, I need to talk to her." EunHyuk spoke in a quick tone.

"No." I said. Everyone looked at me, "Don't. It's okay. She made her mistake, but just let her go. I wasn't killed, so whatever."

 

[EunHyuk POV]

Was I hearing correctly? How could someone be so... So nice? So innocent...

"No, that's stupid. She needs to be arrested or something, like I'll go and re-" Jessica spoke in her icy tone. No wonder she was crowned and named Ice Princess. 

HyoYeon interrupted her and said that it was fine. "Just let her go."

"HyoYeon .... " Shocked, I continued "Why?"

"People make mistakes." She smiled at me weakly, "I don't want her to get arrested. I didn't die. No one else was hurt."

"Haha," I moved my hand up and started her hair. It was so soft and silky, "Oh, Kim Choding. You're too nice."

She grinned at me and said "Why thank you, you're not so bad yourself, Monkey" and winked.

I felt everyone's awkwardness as they witness this so they all went outside. 

 

[HyoYeon POV]

"Where's everyone going?" I watched everyone leave the room one by one and SNSD members were smiling at EunHyuk while his brothers were punching his arm.

"They're just leaving us alone." Looking beside me, EunHyuk was staring right at me. 

He reached out his hand and touched my face. His hand seemed like ice against my burning cheeks. I fanned myself with my hand, hoping the red would go away.

"Haha, HyoYeon. You looked beautiful with it." EunHyuk moved my hand away and kept holding onto it. My cheeks got hotter and hotter. He chuckled and said "Lemme try something."

I was curious of what he was about to do when he let go of my hand and tilted my chin up. 

Oh no. He's not going to kiss me, right?

EunHyuk's face was inches away from mine. He smiled as he saw my face became red as a tomato and I felt beads of sweat trickling down my forehead. Ugh, how attractive must have I looked...

He left a light peck on my lips then pulled away. "This isn't the most friendly enviorment to do this." EunHyuk looked around.

It wasn't. With all the needles at the table and x-rays were kinda weird to look at. 

"Sorry I made you go through all of this, HyoYeon." I stared back to EunHyuk and he was looking down to the floor. "If you didn't come visit me, nothing would have happened."

I felt a wave of guilt flow over me. "No, EunHyuk." I smiled, "Gyuri would have found another plan anyways. Not your fault." 

"Haha, HyoYeon, can't you be mean once?" 

I chuckled then suddenly saw someone move from outside. 

"DooJoon?" 

"What?" EunHyuk looked shocked.

Oh no, did I say that out loud?

"Nothing, I just saw him outside our door." 

Was he watching us? He saw the kiss..

 

[EunHyuk POV]

Why would HyoYeon randomly point that out...?

I tensed up and became very hesitant when I asked,

"Do you like... him?"

The surprised look she gave me was unforgettable. "What?"

"DooJoon. You like him, yes?" I had to get her answer before I did anything.

She bit her lip and thought. "No. I don't. I... I'm in love with someone else."

I felt a sharp pain to my heart. Who else had she gone out with? JunHo? That guy TaeYeon said that was his childhood friend?

"It's you, EunHyuk."

I looked up and my eyes were open wide.

 

 

 

"I like you EunHyuk."