Chapter Three

Sweetheart Devil


The sun shined brightly onto Changmin’s face this morning. He was awakened by the sounds of birds chirping outside the window. He looked at the clock and see that he only had an hour to get ready before school starts. He took his towel and heads for the shower. As he showered, he feels like something is missing but he could not figure out what was it. He quickly showered and got ready for school. He suddenly noticed that he could see clearly without his glasses but could not remember how his vision got so clear.


He shakes his head as to clear his mind and then went to school. As he walks out of his house, he saw that a new neighbour was moving into the house next to him. He saw a beautiful man standing in front of the gate and smiling at him. Changmin felt his heart beating fast when he saw the man. Changmin just return the smile and heads for school.

Jaejoong saw Changmin again after last night. He is now a human, thanks to Changmin’s last wish. Jaejoong bought the house next to Changmin so he could be near him. He is a photographer now and have his own studio in his house. He knows that Changmin won’t remember him because his memory was taken away as an exchange. Jaejoong will try to make Changmin remember him again. With a confident smile, he walks into his new home and start planning his moves to approach Changmin.


The usual routine of a boring school life have just ended for Changmin and he headed for home. As he was walking towards his house, he saw the new neighbour sitting down reading a magazine on the front yard. He was captivated by the man’s look but somehow to Changmin, the man seems very familiar but he could not remember where they have met before. Jaejoong looked out and saw Changmin. He got up and walks to the main gate and said “Hi there! I’m Jaejoong, I just move in today”. “Nice to meet you!”  Changmin smiled and held out his hand to shakes hand with Jaejoong.


He introduced himself and Jaejoong invited him into his house. They both went into the house and Changmin saw something that he felt so familiar. It was a picture of Jaejoong and a guy whom Changmin thought he had seen before. He took the photo and stared at it when Jaejoong suddenly said “That’s me and my friend Yoochun.”

Changmin nods and put back the photo. They sat down and chat. They were chatting happily like old time friend. Changmin feels his heart getting heavy and slowly small images of the past return. He asked to be excuse to go back home because he does not feel well and Jaejoong walks him home. When they reached, before Changmin enters his house, Jaejoong kissed him on his eyes. Even though shocked by that, Changmin just smiled and walked in.  “I have felt that kiss before but I can’t remember where. Why does everything seems familiar but I don’t remember when all these happened” thought Changmin sadly.


He walks to his bedroom, showered and get ready to sleep. He tossed and turned but still feels restless to sleep. Whenever he closed his eyes, Jaejoong’s face appeared. At the thought of Jaejoong, Changmin’s heart felt heavy like he had lost an important memory. His life had changed drastically but he doesn’t remember how it happened as well. He had people asking him about the gorgeous guy that came with him during the school prom but he can’t remember who he is. Changmin was really loss with all his thoughts that without realising slowly sleep took over him and he dozed off.

Jaejoong smiled to himself and lied down on his bed. He was happy that Changmin was friendly with him but he really wish that Changmin would remember him so that he could hold Changmin in his arms again like in the past. Jaejoong gave a sigh and went off to sleep. He did not realized that outside his window, Yoochun was looking at him. “Poor Jae, will Changmin remember you again? Why don’t I give you two a helping hand? said Yoochun with a smirk

He slowly appeared in Changmin’s room and enters his dreams. “Changmin, look here. I’m over here.” said the voice. Changmin turned to that direction and saw a figure smiling to him. The figure looked like Jaejoong so Changmin walked towards him. It was Jaejoong and he was dressed in a black stylish coat and pants. Changmin hears music on the background playing and suddenly Jaejoong asked him to dance. It was a slow dance and Jaejoong was holding Changmin tenderly. Changmin feels comfortable with his touch that without realising that their bodies were clinging to each other.


“That touch! I have felt it before. It was the same tenderness that I was looking for. Are you the one Jaejoong? The one that was really with me for who I am not because of what you can profit from me? asked Changmin but Jaejoong just smiled and suddenly he disappeared. Changmin keep calling out for him till he was jolted out from his dream. Changmin could not wait any longer and quickly got out of bed and went over to Jaejoong’s house
The door bell rang and Jaejoong was awakened by it. He looked at the clock and it’s 3am in the morning so who could it be. He went down groggily and opened the door.

Changmin walked in and before Jaejoong could closed the door and asked him what happened, Changmin went over and hugged him. Jaejoong was shocked but he Changmin’s head and look at him lovingly in the eyes. When Changmin saw that look, He quickly kissed Jaejoong’s lips. Jaejoong returned the kiss passionately and as they were kissing, the memories of the six days that was taken from Changmin returns back to him.

Like a movie playing in his mind, It tells all the relation between the two of them and without realising it, Changmin was crying. “Don’t cry Baby. It hurts me so bad if you cried.” said Jaejoong softly. Jaejoong kissed his eyes and bring him to the sofa. Jaejoong asked Changmin to sit while he closed the door. Changmin wiped his tears and said “You are my sweetheart devil. The one that changed me into who I am now. You are the one that I wished for to be a human. I have been missing you so much.” said Changmin lovingly.

Jaejoong was so happy because Changmin could remember the past. “Yes and thanks to you, I’m a human now. I love you Changmin but I know you won’t remember me that’s why I have to try to get to know you all over again. Our memories together was taken away because for you it was the most valuable items in your life.” said Jaejoong. Changmin hugged Jaejoong again and said “Don’t leave me anymore because I won’t be able to bear the pain. You will always be my sweetheart devil.” Jaejoong kissed his cheeks and his hair as they both lay down in each other arms, cuddling.

The pair of lovers was basking in their love that they did not see Yoochun who was standing at the corner of the hall smiling. Yoochun had entered Changmin’s dream as Jaejoong and re-enacted the scene where both Jaejoong and Changmin practice their slow dance movements. That scene was the most important part of the memories because that’s where the pair real feelings will make

Changmin remember his lost memories. What both Changmin and Jaejoong doesn’t know that when Changmin turned Jaejoong into a human, Changmin’s memories will returned back to him but only when he realised that he really loves Jaejoong then he will remember the past. Yoochun did not tell Jaejoong about this because he wants to see if what Changmin feels for Jaejoong is true. Jaejoong is Yoochun's bestfriend and he does not want Jaejoong to be hurt so that is the only way. “Be happy Jae, I will always be here for you” said Yoochun and slowly he vanished